Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How come Luna doesn't have a throne?

Never2muchpinkie

It's obviously a ploy by Celestia to keep Luna under her hoof. If she gave Luna one modicum of power, she thinks she would rebel again. conspiracyconspiracyconspiracy

I'd be surprised if that happened to be honest. 

I can see why Celestia would think this, but I'd think she'd trust Luna a bit more then that.

Well, mostly I said it as a joke, but let's think here. When the sisters wielded the Elements, Luna was in charge of Laughter, Loyalty, and Honesty. The fact that she controlled Loyalty and Honesty show that she had these traits, and still betrayed Celestia. So, without said elements, its very possible she'd be more susceptible to turn on her.

When the sisters wielded the Elements, Luna was in charge of Laughter, Loyalty, and Honesty.

Where'd we learn that?  I don't recall them ever showing that the sisters had specific Elements under their control - just that both of them wielded the six Elements together against Discord, and Celestia wielded ALL of them against Nightmare Moon.

Edited by Pixel Stick

Where'd we learn that?  I don't recall them ever showing that the sisters had specific Elements under their control - just that both of them wielded the six Elements together against Discord, and Celestia wielded ALL of them against Nightmare Moon.

In Princess Twilight Sparkle. One of the flashbacks shows Magic, Kindness, and Generosity around Celestia, and Laughter, Loyalty, and Honesty around Luna.

People assumed that based on the colors for the shards in a kind of stretchy way.

EDIT: Here...

Elements.png

The colors kinda correspond... But not really.

Edited by moonlightavenger
  • Brohoof 1

It may be because the colors, but If my memory is correct, The elements were white when the mane 6 first found them and change color to match their wielder.

It may be because the colors, but If my memory is correct, The elements were white when the mane 6 first found them and change color to match their wielder.

... this show makes my head hurt sometimes.

People assumed that based on the colors for the shards in a kind of stretchy way.

EDIT: Here...

img-2441558-1-Elements.png

The colors kinda correspond... But not really.

Okay, I can see how this might show which Elements each sister wielded in the fight against Discord, but I'm not sure that means they each possessed or represented those particular elements in the same way that each of the Mane 6 has her own specific Element.  Could it be that those just happened to be the Elements each one picked up at the time?

Okay, I can see how this might show which Elements each sister wielded in the fight against Discord, but I'm not sure that means they each possessed or represented those particular elements in the same way that each of the Mane 6 has her own specific Element.  Could it be that those just happened to be the Elements each one picked up at the time?

Agreed. And I don't know. And I hope that the writers know.  :okiedokielokie:

Maybe it means absolutely nothing. But this is what bronies do... Speculate.

I also hope that they know if Luna has a throne room of her own. Or a palace of her own. Do the writers even think about this stuff? I know that the show has a concept bible (I think that this is the right term in English), and I sure would like it if they kept this stuff for reference. But I guess we have to wait until they reveal some more information.

Honestly, my guess would be it's just something that the crew at DHX has overlooked is all.  That or the sisters don't see a need for two thrones since, technically, most of the time it seems that they split up their royal duties between day and night, and thus govern alone most of the time at different hours.  Don't really need more than one throne when you're never governing together half the time, right?  :comeatus:   Those are my two bits on it anyway, but either way, I don't really think it's that pressing of a matter.

The princesses look some what beaten up.... and dirty!

I meant their anatomy. It doesn't exactly match up with the show, probably because of how short that specific part is. 

my guess is that luna is still new and becoz there isnt exactly a definite time-line to establish lunas return its safe to say that celestia could change the throne room to fit 2 thrones (or 3 if twillight is to be counted in) or that luna will establish her own rule in a land not so far away or the popular theory round my circle of friends is that the throne is not meant for luna or celestia and that celestia foresaw twilight and is grooming her to be the next ruler of the kingdom (note twilights name means the moment between light and darkness, between night and day) 

my guess is that luna is still new and becoz there isnt exactly a definite time-line to establish lunas return its safe to say that celestia could change the throne room to fit 2 thrones (or 3 if twillight is to be counted in) or that luna will establish her own rule in a land not so far away or the popular theory round my circle of friends is that the throne is not meant for luna or celestia and that celestia foresaw twilight and is grooming her to be the next ruler of the kingdom (note twilights name means the moment between light and darkness, between night and day) 

you just blew my mind when I read that....

Usually I am the one to do that

mind-blown-classic.gif

I've never thought about that... but, she was banished for 1000 years for being evil, so maybe they just never thought to build her another one. :huh:

HERESY! THE LUNAR REPUBLIC SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Maybe she doesn't deserve the throne. The younger sisters never get anything. EVER. By the way I mean she doesn't need one. Her older sister knows more so sitting on the throne means taking charge duh.

Maybe she doesn't deserve the throne. The younger sisters never get anything. EVER. By the way I mean she doesn't need one. Her older sister knows more so sitting on the throne means taking charge duh.

Heresy again! You are all traitors!