Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How come Luna doesn't have a throne?

Never2muchpinkie

This was brought to my attention by Littleshy's Cinemare sins video on the theme song, in which he says he's glad that Luna is now in the theme, but she's still just like an add-on.

We saw the Sisters used to have a shared throne room with a throne for each of them right next to each other. It's understandable that after the battle she wouldn't have a throne since Celestia moved to a new castle and ruled alone for 1000 years, but now it's been a confirmed year since Luna's return with the first episode of season 4, and Celestia still didn't make a spot for her sister to be at her side again?

Hrmmm. Interesting.

Here's a thought. Perhaps they are co-rulers, but only one at a time. During the day, Celestia gets the throne. During the night, Luna does. This would be to prevent the two of them issuing conflicting 'official' edicts.

Yeah, that's a stretch. I'm going to have to think this one through in more detail. :)

• Brohoof 5

Hrmmm. Interesting.

Here's a thought. Perhaps they are co-rulers, but only one at a time. During the day, Celestia gets the throne. During the night, Luna does. This would be to prevent the two of them issuing conflicting 'official' edicts.

Yeah, that's a stretch. I'm going to have to think this one through in more detail. :)

I was writing that until I saw your post. >_>

Also the throne doesn't seem to have any clear indication of ownership.

Edited by Dargent
  • Brohoof 1

Hmmmm... what an interesting topic. This has never really crossed my attention until now. Maybe Luna has her own throne room somewhere in the castle. But then again, having 2 separate throne rooms does seem kind of redundant.

Maybe Luna just doesn't dig the whole throne "schmele" and opts to not have 1 while Celestia does?

I usually try to come up with an answer for everything, but this question just stumps me!

Maybe Celestia gets it during the day, and Luna gets it at night?

That would make a lot of sense. ^^

I have found proof that Luna probably does get the throne ate night why Celestia gets it during the day.

Well let's see it! ^^

If you know, you wouldn't mind sharing. ^^"

Well let's see it! ^^

If you know, you wouldn't mind sharing. ^^"

Well after search the internet (could find a picture though) I remembered that in the Canterlot wedding episode, Luna was flying from the MOON!!

Its not the ultimate proof but it is proof that during the day Luna stays on the moon, unless called upon, during the day. But at Night she comes down to Equus. So she sits upon the throne while Celestia sleeps.

it is proof that during the day Luna stays on the moon, unless called upon, during the day.

I...don't really think Luna stays on the Moon during the day. ^^"

I think she's nocturnal, so she sleeps during the day like Celestia at night.

I...don't really think Luna stays on the Moon during the day. ^^"

I think she's nocturnal, so she sleeps during the day like Celestia at night.

Well that's kind of what I meant. She sleeps on the moon during the day. She did come from the moon both in the Wedding episode and possibly the Nightmare night episode.

She did come from the moon both in the Wedding episode and possibly the Nightmare night episode.

I went and re-watched the part where Luna makes her entrance in "A Canterlot Wedding", and there's no way you can tell she came from the moon.

From what I seen, she just came in from the left, that's it.

Ahhh!

I seen it, I forgot Luna had more than just that last scene in "A Canterlot Wedding".

My bad, completely. ^^

Edited by Adorkable

I went and re-watched the part where Luna makes her entrance in "A Canterlot Wedding", and there's no way you can tell she came from the moon.

From what I seen, she just came in from the left, that's it.

Wrong part......

I'm talking about around the beginning of part 1

I edited my post, but apparently didn't catch you in time. ^^"

My bad dude, I forgot Luna had more than 1 part in "A Canterlot Wedding".

It's been a little while, I guess it shows. ^^"

I edited my post, but apparently didn't catch you in time. ^^"

My bad dude, I forgot Luna had more than 1 part in "A Canterlot Wedding".

It's been a little while, I guess it shows. ^^"

Simple mistake... I do not blame you

Simple mistake... I do not blame you

But now that I've seen it, it does show Luna coming from the moon. That's crazy!

But isn't Luna usually in Canterlot when she causes the moon to rise?

But now that I've seen it, it does show Luna coming from the moon. That's crazy!

But isn't Luna usually in Canterlot when she causes the moon to rise?

Well probably because as the sun is setting she goes back to Equus and raises it and then the throne is hers....

Well probably because as the sun is setting she goes back to Equus and raises it and then the throne is hers....

Well okay, I guess I can buy that. ^^

Now the real question is:

What is Luna doing on the moon all day?

Oh right, sleeping. ^^

But why on the moon?

I bet she has a super fancy room in the castle.

Well okay, I guess I can buy that. ^^

Now the real question is:

What is Luna doing on the moon all day?

Oh right, sleeping. ^^

But why on the moon?

I bet she has a super fancy room in the castle.

Maybe it just feels more like home to her. She probably isn't comfortable at the castle because she is use to the old castle.

Maybe it just feels more like home to her. She probably isn't comfortable at the castle because she is use to the old castle.

Okay, that makes sense too. ^^