Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How important is having an internet connection to you?

zerox

Can't live without it.  I don't have fulfilling relationships in my life.  I have a few friends, but they live far, far away.  The internet is how I spend time with them, and it's really my only means of getting any sort of social interaction, as well as being how I stay in touch with the world.  It's also how I make money and do my banking, so yeah, pretty friggin' important.

• Brohoof 2

I can spend a day without internet easily, but being long time without it I feel informational hunger. I know, I just need to know anything new every day. Yes, it's possible to do it without internet, but the net makes it easier.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately the internet is my life. It is where I talk to my friends, do my school work, and keep myself entertained with music and videos. I could last a few days without it and read books are write down my thoughts. But, after a while I will start to get depressed about not being able to see anyone. 

Yes, I know I could just go outside. But, it's hard to do that and meet people when you have social anxiety. Especially after people have accepted you don't like them and will go great lengths to ignore you.

• Brohoof 1

I have an Internet plan whereby I get a set amount of data per month, and when I exceed that amount, my Internet goes unusably slow. Due to the sheer Internet usage of my regular accessing of Equestria Daily and these forums, among other sites, my Internet only ever lasts me half a month on average, meaning my Internet connection is only up and running for about half of my life. One learns not to be reliant on Internet under such conditions. :-P

In lieu of technology, I just read or entertain myself with my own thoughts, rather than those obtained from external sources.

• Brohoof 2

Very important, if not the most important thing after well, having my computer on, it's what matters the most, considering I mostly play online games/watch stuff/browse forums/etc.

See, I love to curl up with a good book and turn everything off for a while when I'm alone. I can live without internet depending on the company I'm keeping. 

However, the problem lies with the fact that for some reason I tend to attract people to me when I'm reading and they immediately decide to start talking to me. Now, I'm willing to listen to peoples problems and such, that's not the issue it's just when I'm reading that means I want to read, not talk. The difference is when I'm on the computer with an important looking document on it from the internet, people think I'm working, which they're right I'm writing the majority of the time, but sometimes I will just read the thing I was trying to read in my hands, online so people won't talk to me.  

Internet is important to me since as an academically minded individual, I find it's far easier to get scholarly papers online than it is from the Library since they don't always have the papers I need when I need them. I've ordered papers before and the Library is a big resource of mine but there are some more obscure resources that are easier to obtain on the internet. 

Not to mention I work on the internet and I do have friends on the internet that I value as comrades in arms. I wouldn't have gotten to know some people from my old graduating classes if it wasn't for the internet which has been a good thing and a bad thing. I also wouldn't be reaching as wide of an audience if it wasn't for the internet's influence on my articles, for good or for ill.

The Internet is essential, not in the sense I need it like an addict but it's benefited me in other ways that I'm grateful for. 

Edited by Seraph
  • Brohoof 1

It's very important to me. If anything it's slightly worrying how much I rely on it. I'm so lost when my internet goes :/ I also live in the middle of nowhere and don't get 3G in my village; I don't even get phone signal in my bathroom. 

• Brohoof 1

While I love the internet and all its assets, I find myself able to live without it on a rainy day. I could catch up on some video games, play a couple of board games with my folks, or finally get around to fixing up my Applejack's Mane. In the end, it's a matter of what I could be doing instead. I don't mind living without internet for a while. Will I be paranoid? Sure, but I doubt anyone would want to contact me. 

• Brohoof 1

quite important really and its sad =/ 

its my main source of communication and meeting new people, plus as a commissioned artist and newbie singer, its very important getting the interest and clients.  plus it seems something always goes wrong when im on holiday >.>

i go to the UK lake district every year in the summer and its a holiday where there is no phone signal or phone in the house, no internet access at all, barely any 3g outside, no TV. the only phone is at the pub and the newspaper is your only word from out there. lol BUT I LOVE IT!!!! 

Its the whole being one with nature and explore thing that I love but only if youre with those closest to you. Denz wasnt with me with year and all I wanted to do was call him and talk because I missed him so much, but next year we will see if we even need technology, as he'll be up with me then. 

So I am capable of living without the net, but only if my other half is there with me it seems XD

• Brohoof 2

I need an internet connection these days to survive.

Not only do most of my entertainment stuff run through the internet, i also do all of my banking and business stuff through the internet. If i can't do that, i have a gigantic problem.

• Brohoof 2

Internet is the most important connection tool between you and the world maybe beyond :D Think about that. If i haven't had internet connection, i couldn't meet you ponies. I love you all <3

• Brohoof 1

I'd go insane without it. Sure, I can live without internet since I have tons of books and music and the like, but being online is a lot more fun than not being online. I do think being offline would help me focus on my stories more, though.

• 2 weeks later...

My sanity depends of the Internet. I spend most of my time alone and without it I wouldn't have anything to get distracted with, which would probably cause me to get depressed and self-destructive. That being said, I do enjoy turning it off from time to time and find something else to do.

I'd say it's important to me, I mean, I use it all the time, most of my friends I can only communicate online so.. Yeah it's important. Especially since I have to use it for my work schedule and my finances and banking and bills, so yeah, internet is important to me for multiple reasons.

• Brohoof 1