Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Important is Height for a Woman?

CastletonSnob

How important is it that a guy be tall, so that a woman is attracted to him? I ask this because I'm 20, and I'm only 5'3, so I'm worried that no girl will want me.

Edited by CastletonSnob

Depends on the woman really. So I am not sure how to help, sorry! :(

But don't worry, there is always someone out there for you. :3

~Luna

You will hear some women say that they will "never" date a guy shorter than them.  That never is in quotes because it isn't usually the truth.  It isn't about height, it's about confidence and chemistry.  Just be you.  If you don't let it get you down, it won't be a big deal.

• Brohoof 1

While girls typically like guys at a height above theirs that doesn't mean no girl will ever love you! In the end your personality is much more important!

Don't give up, I'm sure there's a wonderful girl waiting for you in the future! Just gotta keep going and trying!

Good luck!

But girls like a guy who's taller than them, because he can protect her/their children from harm. And I don't think I'll grow anymore at 20. I might as well kill myself.

Woah, woah-woah! Don't ever say that, even as a joke!

You WILL find someone special for you, you just have to find them! (a soul-mate).

~Luna

(And again, NEVER JOKE ABOUT KILLING YOURSELF!)

• Brohoof 3

For some reason I find it extremely attractive for a girl to be slightly taller than I am. But God knows that would make things awkward, because people expect the guy to be taller, as I understand it. Poo.

But girls like a guy who's taller than them, because he can protect her/their children from harm. And I don't think I'll grow anymore at 20. I might as well kill myself.

Being tall doesn't make you a strong protector. I know plenty of guys taller than me that I could easily beat the crap out of. And if height is an issue for you I know there are plenty of girls that are quit short. A lot of the time they don't want to have a giant. So maybe try to find a girl who isn't that much taller or shorter than you.

I don't really think that height for a woman is important, I think that a woman's personality and everything good about them matters more then their height.  Pretty much, I know that a woman will love you no matter what the height.

Dude.  There isn't some arcane Council of Female Elders that decide girl policy for all women.  You're different, right?  So is everyone else!  Everyone is an individual, has their own preferences and decides for themselves who they like and about 9 times out of 10 it has to do with personality.  If you are really into someone just for looks, that's pretty shallow, but if you like someone for who they are you find irresistible things about them that you never would have noticed at a glance.  So, get to know some people and you'll find one or two who really like you.

I know a guy who is only a little taller than you that (and don't you dare emulate him) bounces between women who take care of his lazy ass because he manipulates them.  What's my point?  This guy knows he's shorter than average yet he has the confidence to seeming pull whichever woman he's interested in at the moment.  Being short doesn't even factor in.

To finish this off: please, please, please talk to someone close to you like a family member if you are really having suicidal thoughts.  There are free resources out there as well that you can utilize.  Even if you feel like life sucks right now there are way more opportunities for a guy who is young and alive than for one who isn't.

• Brohoof 4

For a minute there I thought you were going to ask how important is a woman's height to herself. In which case, it would depend. I'm an average height of 5'5'' and I don't really worry about it. I guess if I was short it would bother me, but at the same time, I wouldn't want to be towering over every man either, so I'm comfortable with my height.

But, since you're asking about how important a man's height is to a woman, I think it's a whole different ball game. Honestly, I think a lot of women like their men to be tall, or at the very least, taller than they are. But remember, everyone is an individual. Not everyone is going to be that shallow. So you're a little short? Be the best guy you can be. A winning personality will shine brighter than being a tall, dark, and handsome who's a jerk. A woman who is worth anything will recognize that. And even at 5'3'', there's still plenty of decent women who are shorter than you are. I've seen plenty of short guys at my college, and they seem to be leading happy lives. There's no need to talk about killing yourself over your short height. wink.png

• Brohoof 2

As I said above, it depends on the woman.

But I would probably choose a man that is the same height as me or just a little below/above my height.

I wouldn't want a man that will tower over me, and I wouldn't want a man that I have to bend down to.

But don't fret. You will eventually find your soul-mate. It's just a matter of time. :3

~Luna

Edited by DJ Luna♥
  • Brohoof 2

What about you? Do you like your men to be 6'? 

I'd never actually go through with killing myself. I could never do something so selfish to the people who care about me.

I'm not like most girls, so I'm not really the best one to ask. Height is kind of a trivial thing to me. I'd probably be comfortable with someone close to my height, not someone who is a skyscraper to me. I care more about someone's heart. And if they're strong and courteous, that's always a plus.

My Grandpa is barely taller than you are, and he's married to a great woman and is very happy. You'll be fine. :)

I'm glad you aren't thinking suicidal stuff like that then. :)

To be completely honest, i like guys that are the same size, if not a little taller. I'm 5'3 and the guy i'm with is 5'4

Height really doesn't matter unless the person is really shallow. 

When you find the right person, nothing will matter, except they want to spend every moment with you, no matter your flaws or perfections.

They will want to be with you, because it's you, and they care about you.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, height does matter to me, but then again, I'm 5'8", so I'm quite tall for a woman.

I always tend to get looked over for shorter girls by really tall guys. In my area, at least, the guys go for the really short women, but not the taller women. 

Still, even if you are short, that doesn't mean you can't be an awesome person. Be a good man and cultivate your unique personality and sooner or later, someone will bite. And if you want, date a girl who's a little taller. Many people are pretty open about dating below their height.

Don't let shortness be an such an obstacle! I know it's a totally different ballgame for guys than it is for girls, but I understand being super shorter than most - I'm 4'9" and the same age as you. I used to hate my height, and would always talk about how I wished I were one of those really tall women. But I've grown to love my shortness, cause it's just a part of me and I think I love me and wouldn't change myself for anything smile.png

I've been thinking, though. I wonder how much our physical selves influence our mental selves. Having to literally look up to almost everyone I see must have had some kind of psychological effect, even if it's a very small and subconscious one. It's a completely different physical perspective.

So uh anyway, to me height doesn't matter at all. I don't think I would ever have to worry about finding someone shorter than me though, and I've also dated a human skyscraper before as well. But there are plenty of women around your height, and I'll bet many of them couldn't give a hoot about how tall you are.

And try not to focus on what you think are the negative aspects about yourself, I'm sure there are good things that you just don't know about, or don't think are important. Just try to be you, and be proud of you because you are your own unique person and someone is bound to see that.

edited for grammar...

Edited by Powderpuff
  • Brohoof 1

Different people have different tastes, though it seems very superficial for height to be a deal-breaker unless it's something extreme. I would not want to date a girl who is seven feet tall. happy.png

And I'm sure most women wouldn't want to date someone who uncommonly shorter. 5"3' isn't that bad though, and I don't see you having any problems as far as that's concerned. Again, if your height is the issue some girl has, then they're probably too superficial to even bother with in the first place.

Stay positive, buddy! :)