but i hit a huuuggeee 5'2!  Omg!

Yah i can be short,  finding pants

is a b*tch due to im not build

for short and have a shape

and but  but it does

not really matter to me in the end.

Its called a stool!

• 5 years later...

I don't think that being shorter than average makes a guy unattractive. 

However, I have always wished I was shorter.  I'm 5'9" and have always felt "too tall."  I feel like being with a guy that was shorter than me would make me feel even more insecure about my height because I would stand out more.   So it wouldn't be anything wrong with his height, it would be my problem and my insecurities. 

It really depends on the person. Some women prefer tall men, some short, some average. But in actuality, it's personality that matters in my opinion.

I would imagine it comes down to person opinion and consequence? I married a man who is 30 centimeters taller than me, and I think I found that attractive because even if it was more attributed to his personality, he was a bigger person who I felt more secure to be with. I may still have loved him the same if he were as short as I am, but I don't think it would have been in the same way.

My brother is 5'9". We live in Canada. I've always wondered... Is that short for a guy?

(Note: I despise incest. It's just that we have always been curious about what the average height for a person in our area is. Also, I'm 5'8".)

23 minutes ago, Feather Scribbles said:

My brother is 5'9". We live in Canada. I've always wondered... Is that short for a guy?

5 feet and 9 inches is the average height for a guy between the ages of 18-79 in Canada. So no, it isn't short. 

Height doesn't matter any more than any other physical attribute. Some people put too much emphasis on the physical when they should be looking at what's inside. A good stable personality, a sense of humor and an intelligent mind are things I value most. How a man carries himself and the confidence he exudes are more important than any imagined concerns associated with his height. Be yourself, embrace it and enjoy it, that's what people will pick up on. 

Everyone has preferences, but anyone who judges you for your height probably isn't worth the effort.

I'm 5'6" and was short down for height as a reason on quite a few occasions. I tried to date a girl who was 5'11 but she felt insecure about it.

I've been married almost nine years now, so the short guy won in the end and it didn't matter!

I'm a rather average girl myself (170cm.... 5'7" I think ?), but I wouldn't mind to date a smaller guy to be fair.

As long as the person is pleasant enough, the height really shouldn't be a problem. I guess some girls are seeking for a feeling of security, but personally, I am not looking for this kind of thing.

I'm 5'5" and I don't really care if a guy is tall or short. What does matter is if he feels inadequate about it. I don't care about height, but insecurity doesn't arouse me.

(edited)

Even though I prefer guys who are at least the same height as me if not a bit taller, (I'm 5'5" btw) personality is so much more important. It's all about what's on the inside, you know? 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

• 3 years later...

I think there is a lot of open-mindedness here, but the reality is taller guys have a much bigger chance. Going through tinder and a lot won't even date <6 feet tall. Now imagine barely being 5 ft :sunny:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so... With my recent (but really kinda there all along. =/ The brain is a weird thing.) recognition that I might be a slight bit bi, I can now answer. I don't think I'll actually ever date a guy, but when I think of what might be a little attractive to me, certainly being quite a bit taller is one. I'm somewhere around 5'4"/5'5" so, yeah.

But as I said, I'm not likely to actually date a guy in the end. My attraction is too sporadic, fleeting, surface-level, and too hard for me to understand (which is why I shelved it for so long). I'm not the best woman to ask. lol

Shorter guys can find women, though. That's a fact. I know plenty of shorter men I knew back in high school that are now married.

Edited by Envy

• 2 months later...