Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much do you pay for internet/tv

PiratePony

Hi. I'm about to do battle with my cable provider and am contemplating cutting the cord. Out of curiosity, how much do you pay for cable, tv, phone, etc.? I have a landline, but since it's through the cable company, if the power goes out it dies, losing some of its value as an emergency contact, so what's the point?

• Brohoof 1

Around $50 per every 3 months. If I go any cheaper, I will start getting limits on how much I can download/upload a month, and it would be completely wireless.

• Brohoof 1

Internet is free as part of my apartment's (tax? is that the right word in English?) but I don't have a TV package, which suits me fine as I don't watch TV anyway. I have considered purchasing a separate internet package, though, because the speed I get right now isn't the greatest. Back in England I paid about £110 a month for fiber and TV, which was absolutely not worth the money at all - but it was the fastest thing I could get in my city (150mb/s, lmao). 

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, daviddaviddavid said:

Back in England I paid about £110 a month for fiber and TV, which was absolutely not worth the money at all - but it was the fastest thing I could get in my city (150mb/s, lmao

That's not far off from what I pay. The promotion I had just ended so it's now $180 with 400 Mbps internet, premium tv, DVR, and phone. I don't need that much and that's just... Too much of a fund suck, between what I pay for two cell phones, Disney plus, Netflix, etc. 

• Brohoof 1

For basic cable and Wi-Fi,

I suspect it costs around £33 (roughly $35) per month,

not too sure as my mum pays for it, but I am basing on how much I saw it costing while looking to see how much it cost

1 hour ago, daviddaviddavid said:

Internet is free as part of my apartment's (tax? is that the right word in English?) but I don't have a TV package, which suits me fine as I don't watch TV anyway.

do you live in a country where the government gives the Wi~Fi to you for free? Like Finland?

• Brohoof 1

I pay for the internet/cable bill for my household and I pay about $200 a month. I have the fastest speed available from my provider, which I feel is definitely essential. It would be a bit cheaper if I could throw cable into a volcano, but my dad insists we keep it. I am a pushover so..yeah.

Not a single cent, because we don't have either of them. My dad and I can't afford either of them, because we're kind of living a WAYS below the poverty line. As for his phone plan, he (well, my grandma if you're being technical) pays about 55 bucks for it every month. It was the cheapest they could get it.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

I only have internet because TV tends to be twice the amount for internet and I can't afford paying for both.  I only pay 48 dollars a month for it, which is nice because it used to be around 70 bucks when I first came here.

I don't have any tv programming. The antenna is more than sufficient for a Saints game. My flip phone has a basic talk n text plan that runs about $25/month. Internet is $60, but it's satellite. Internet options are very limited out here. It works fine for browsing the web and youtube, but it's high latency pretty much means no online gaming or live video. Speed is about 9-12mbps on a good day.

At least my work has gigabit ethernet.  :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Phosphor said:

I don't have any tv programming. The antenna is more than sufficient for a Saints game. My flip phone has a basic talk n text plan that runs about $25/month. Internet is $60, but it's satellite. Internet options are very limited out here. It works fine for browsing the web and youtube, but it's high latency pretty much means no online gaming or live video. Speed is about 9-12mbps on a good day.

At least my work has gigabit ethernet.  :kirin:

I want to get an HD antenna for football. The only cable I really watch is Food Network, Disney, and YES for Yankees games.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 years later...