Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How honest are you on the internet (and in real life)?

NothingIsEverything

I avoid dishonesty in general, but online I can vent and rant and be a bit more sincere without having to worry about real life consequences. I also don't hide the fact that I am a brony when I'm online. I avoid disclosing information that could link directly to my identity online, but in general I don't lie.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

Here is an advice: Don't trust anyone or anything on the internet.

That means, don't trust your own actions as well.

And, you can trust me! I am always honest :eager:

• Brohoof 1

I'm more honest on the internet than in real life. I "lie" a lot in rl but not purposefully, is just the result of the expectations for being in a society in the type of society we're in in general.

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 1

I’ve always made it a point to be as honest as I could be, AJ would be happy to hear. :mlp_smug: The forum is where I can definitely say I’m the most honest due to it being the only place where the true me comes out. :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

I find honesty a virtue and a value people ought to have.

If there is no honesty you can't really drive any sort of conversation forward. It is something I vastly prefer, as I have no intention of being dishonest.

IRL as well as over the internet, though I will be a whole lot more reserved in person.

Meh I'm honest on the internets as in real life. I don't have any dark secrets or something like that, also I wouldn't care if someone disliked me if I told them something about me what they wouldn't like.

I'm far more honest online then I am In real life. In real life, I'm just shy about admitting anything while no one can see me online 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I try to stay honest since I'm not really gaining anything by lying. If anything, I'll hide something, but not by a means of being dishonest. If that makes any sense.

Edited by Cash In

I'm generally honest both online and IRL, although I'm often a fair bit blunter online than I would be in a real-life situation. Nowadays I really only lie if I can't be bothered to deal with being truthful, and only about trivial things where being found out wouldn't matter much anyway, like saying something ran out at the store when I really just forgot to bring it and don't feel like going back for it. For larger things, maintaining a web of lies is far more work than simply telling the truth.

Online on this site I'm always honest, more so than real life. This forum is one of the nicest places to interact online IMO and I've been around here since '14.

In real life I'm honest, but may occasionally lie about trivial small talk things, such as saying I'm doing good even though I might be having a shit day. There's also certain things I don't see eye to eye on with my parents that I don't voice my opinion on if I think it'll just cause negativity also. Lets just say they're a little more "right of center" than I on some topics...:dry:

In real life I may also say something is fine/good even though I may not like it in order to keep peace if it really doesn't matter in the long run. I do have a line though.

There's a few people in my life who are overly opinionated or chronic complainers and It's grating. Fortunately overall I'm not picky on most things. I always think "does it really matter?" and most of the time just stay quiet.

I don't think lying leads to anything good anyways. I do agree that NOT showing ALL of your cards is a good thing sometimes though...:mlp_icwudt:

ajcard.jpg.edde005ed491ba2b05770418feb07e23.jpg

I'm always honest online and offline if anything I've been said to be too honest. Speak my mind whether that offends you or not, whether you'll agree with it or not honesty is very important.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1