Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How honest are you on the internet (and in real life)?

NothingIsEverything

Honest enough that it's cost me friends.

I tend to be very blunt about my opinions, and I tend to call people out on things I consider bullshit.  Turns out, it's not a popular decision.

I know that feel. I think that between my brutal honesty and the fact that I have some very controversial thought processes and opinions I tend to scare people off. I try to PM random people to get conversations going but more often than not they randomly stop talking to me and I think it's cuz I scare them off being a little too nosy for my own good. :lol:

Very honest. Both in real life and online. Though I have realized that being too honest in real life is not as great always :P

But there are a few moments when even I have to lie. You know, when telling the truth only causes problems and will not make anything better for any person. I mean I don't like to lie, so I try to be honest all the time ^^

This. I usually have the "fuck you if you don't agree and wanna disassociate yourself from me for this opinion" attitude but I don't deliberately try to push people away. I just refuse to compromise myself for the sake of being nice. :P

• Brohoof 1

I do not really socialize much on either front, but I try to be as honest as I can be in terms of both online and offline. It can be difficult though with certain situations. Sometimes I am too honest and I probably tend to either annoy or anger others. I am very opinionated and I usually do not stray away from what is really in my mind. I will say it is easier to be honest online than offline. Plus, if I lie to someone else, I am probably lying to myself as well, so I try to avoid that.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

I feel more honest on the internet than in real life thanks to anonymity. There are some things that I don't want to talk about in real life, but I really don't mind talking about them on the internet where almost nobody knows me personally. Of course in real life I try to be honest as well, I just try to avoid some topics that may be considered a bit "controversial" for some (including being a brony, sadly). 

• Brohoof 1

I uh........ am pretty honest I guess. If I don't want to answer a question on the internet I just ignore it, I wouldn't want to spread more ignorance on the internet then there already is. In real life I don't like to lie all that much, but I do it's rare though like a shiny pokemon. 

• Brohoof 1

All the info I've posted here has been 100% true. I haven't posted anything that would lead people to who I am irl-for no other reason than I'm very private and careful who I associate with-for my family's sake as well as my own.

You guys know way more about me than people I've worked with for more than 17 years. I don't lie irl-and I'm not interested in people who do, I just don't tell people anything. I've always hated liars. I think it was Nietzsche who said 'I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on, I can't believe you'. I think that pretty much sums up my position on it.

• Brohoof 3

I am who i am thats it, depending on the person rather it be on the internet or in person I'll decide gillhow open I am with what I want to tell them

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really a secretive person, honestly. Though I have told my fair share of lies in my life, I think it's safe to say that everybody has. It doesn't excuse it, but it is also quite typical for people to lie (however much) - in fact, some would even say it's human nature.

Anyhow, I am very open on the internet, so I tend to be more honest there. I don't have to fear much of a consequence, and don't have to directly face the person either, something that boosts my confidence. That being said, I do not lie often at all in real life; I just find it difficult to be truthful compared to online, but it doesn't mean I am not (most of the time). But since this is not strictly to do with lies and more generally who you are and execution of your character online - whether you choose to deceive people or not, etc - I will say that I am not different online than I am offline, if only slightly more shy irl. 

• Brohoof 1

I am more honest on the Internet than I am on real life. A lot more honest.

But in real life, I am a bit of a liar, though not THAT much of a liar. I am honest a lot of times. But when I do lie, it is usually to avoid punishment (though I don't do that much), to not get bigots angry, or to not offend people by being blunt.

Edited by Roman Bellic
  • Brohoof 1

Of course I'm going to be more honest on the internet than I am in Real Life, Because I have more of a reason to, I have a lot more friends, and such, that it pays off, I'm not saying I'm not honest In Real life, But I'm a hell of a lot more Honest here.

• Brohoof 2

I am entirely honest on the Internet, I just give out limited information to those whom I don't know, I don't limit much on this forum, just my exact location :P

In real life I am somewhat honest, but I try to be careful as to not hurt anyone's feelings.

• Brohoof 1

I'm always honest. No matter what. Simple as that. If you lie, and someone finds out, you always end up in the pit. Alone. I've been there. I never want to experience such a terrible sadness ever again. Thus, I've committed myself to: Honesty, kindness, and care.

• Brohoof 1

I tell it like it is. I never understood the point of lying online, it is not like anyone cares too much.

Always honest online, I lie to get my friends outta crap mostly on school. (it is pretty rare times i lie.)

Edited by a crazy pony
  • Brohoof 1

Relatively honest in both with the only major exception being work, I hate the company I work more than I have ever hated anyone in my entire life due to an incident in June of last year where they suspended and nearly fired me because they got me on some technicality. But until my exit strategy goes through I have play the role of the good employee which I thank God I don't have to play forever and can't go public with what happened until I am out of that dump. I look forward to the day I can be honest in all aspects of my life.

• Brohoof 2

I tend to be alot more honest on the internet than I do in real life mostly because I tend to lie to get people off my back about things because I struggle to talk to people and well I wouldn't say I lie to people I'm just not the most honest about myself and my interests 

• Brohoof 1

I rarely ever lie nor do I ever find the need to lie about anything because generally I follow the rules and admit when I've broken them. I stand behind my actions and my beliefs, that is true honesty. Despite dashie being my favorite pony honesty is probably the most prominant virtue I display from the show.

Eeeh... honesty is not my top trait. I'd say that I'm more honest on here than an real life. Cause on here you can avoid people that ask questions where you'd have to tell the truth. But in real life its not so easy to run away xD 
I'm fairly honest though. I won't flat out lie just because. And I don't lie a lot anyways.

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually incredibly truthful on the Internet, and see really no reason to lie. If a topic or discussion comes up that I don't feel like discussing or is too personal, I'll change it or leave. Conversely, in real life I tend to lie a little bit more then I would like to, often due to the convenience of it. Frequently, when I lie in real life it's usually due to me stressing out about something stupid. Otherwise, I try to tell the truth on a regular basis.

• Brohoof 1

I think i'm a bit more honest here then IRL, simply because i don't feel pressured to lie here really.

However IRL i'm still pretty honest, especially with people i trust a bit more.

On here, not nessarily the entire internet, but here i do feel i'm a bit more honest.

• Brohoof 1

I'm quite honest both in real-life and online. (you can give me my element now ;) )

I don't see any reason to lie online or in real-life; unless you have a good reason to, like lying to a child to avoid telling them about death at an early age.

• Brohoof 1