Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How honest are you on the internet (and in real life)?

NothingIsEverything

I have to be honest here and other places that have heavy moderation and rules to follow.

But I do sometimes sink to a troll level in YouTube, when I know the comments or video will be taken down anyways. Why not mess with that?

• 2 months later...

What you get online is what you’ll get in person. A bit more awkward since I can’t plan out what I want to say before saying it but the same.

When it comes to honesty and situations how honest I am depends on the situation and the person. 

“Does this outfit make me look fat?” Or “Am I ugly?” Will never be answered with a yes. I’m not that person and I won’t be that person. 

Not only that jobs come into play here as well. When I worked retail do you really think I cared if a terrible customer threatened to never come back? No. Please never shop here again. Save all of our sanity and shop online at home.

However due to my job I had to pretend to really care about that person not giving us their business. 

• Brohoof 1

I’m pretty honest and blunt online and offline. I speak whatever’s on my mind for any necessary reasons.

I’m honest. In fact I often say more than I should. There’s no point in being dishonest because it’s too much work to tell a lie and maintain it. I sometimes withhold something if I consider it embarrassing or inappropriate, but that’s not the same as a lie; it’s just not telling a truth (or anything at all).

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...
On 2021-01-02 at 8:16 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I’m honest. In fact I often say more than I should. There’s no point in being dishonest because it’s too much work to tell a lie and maintain it. I sometimes withhold something if I consider it embarrassing or inappropriate, but that’s not the same as a lie; it’s just not telling a truth (or anything at all).

Well said, the same is true for me. :)

• Brohoof 1

For me, there are two things. Things I am not afraid to tell and where I am really honest about it (maybe a little bit to honest sometimes) and things which are personal secfrets no one outside of my direct private surroundings should know (like my private adresse or how much money I own or what ever). 

• Brohoof 1

@Dreambiscuit

Yeah I have the same problem. I try to avoid posting anything private that I wouldn't tell strangers since that's what posting publicly is basically. I'll share private details in messages obviously but I try to keep publicized posts clear of stuff like addresses and the like. I do sometimes talk about my life publicly on here but that's a little different from sharing stuff like a home address. I'm usually very honest about everything on here but I might omit some details here and there since some details I prefer to not be publicized. 

I'm honest, but I'm private. I try to never lie about things, but that doesn't mean I'll always rush to tell people every detail about everything either. If withholding information is seen as a type of lie, then I suppose I do that from time to time when the situation warrants - but I would only ever flagrantly lie if doing so was clearly the lesser evil, e.g. "Does this outfit make me look fat" as someone said above

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-01-02 at 6:16 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

That’s the truth, Dreamy. :D

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m pretty honest and blunt on both online and real life. However, I tend to keep myself contained a bit more in real life since not everything I would say will be everyone’s cup of tea. And I myself like to avoid any trouble as much as I possibly can. Unfortunately sometimes my mouth just run faster than my brain telling me to “ignore it”. :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

It depends on the subject,  I've been called "blunt" in RL a lot given how I see and phase things (also retail many many a moons), and have left a bit edged on topics.  It also depends on ppl reactions, but I always try to keep my honest idea on anything,  even if it might upset some ppl.  :eww: Thing is,  you can't tip-toe in life all the time and not grow as a person.  

• 1 month later...