Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Your opinion of online dating sites

Katana

I don't trust dating sites and never will use them, but I know they can't be all bad. I know a couple people who have found their true meant to be through a dating site. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I don't trust dating sites and never will use them, but I know they can't be all bad. I know a couple people who have found their true meant to be through a dating site. 

I feel the same way about them, Lucky.

• Brohoof 1

I have a general distrust of them. You never know who you're actually meeting generally until you meet them. That doesn't mean there aren't instances where it all works out, but that it's difficult to trust that they will.

I'd be far more inclined to trust a forum site for that purpose. :catface:

From what I’ve seen, the vast majority of online dating sites are total frauds. A few exceptions exist but they’re still no great assurance that anyone will connect with their dream pony. Most people have their standards set way too high (I mean, no one is going to find a supermodel, millionaire or mega movie star between gigs out looking for companionship, it’s not happening!) But with patience and a realistic attitude I imagine it could work out.  

I don't really have a solid opinion on them. They can definitley work out and help you meet someone you're compatible with, but you do still need to be cautious.

Edited by Cash_In

• 3 weeks later...

I can naver find a site that allows for asexual dates. Everyone expects the d at some point even if they ask for friendships only, or expects you to change, or thinks they will be the one that will make you change to fit their expectations. 

I've only had bad experiences with dating sites. 

• 2 months later...

I think online dating sites can work, as I've heard of people who met their special someone on them. Do they always work? Definitely not. And I refused to use them because I don't like the idea of joining a site with the intent of dating in the first place. I like to know a person first, without that intent in mind.

MLP Forums almost counts as a dating site at this point anyway, so maybe I do like them~

• 4 weeks later...

I had no luck with it. 

In fact the last guy I had matched with. Was quite nice on the app. We had a lot in common. I gave him my number and that’s when things went downhill

He had severe anger problems and road rage. We’d be on the phone,something would set him off and he’d take it out on me. Threatened me even.He scared me and I was concerned for my safety if I met this man. 

I sent him a message on the lines of that I’m sorry I’m just too busy and I don’t have time for dating. Wished him luck finding someone. Deleted my profile,blocked his number and never went back.

I don’t share this to scare people away from it. I know individuals who have had luck with it. I just urge caution with it.

• Brohoof 1

I know that they can't be all bad, as I know people who have formed great relationships through dating sites. I personally don't like them and will never use one. There are some really shady people on that site. :mlp_wat:

• Brohoof 2

well, is another channel, I don't use it and I don't plan to use it. Some people can meet others on person and that could be his strong point, for others is not. Now while it's true that people can fake things out in an online dating site, is the loss of the one who is faking in the end.

• 4 months later...
(edited)

If you mean dating sites/apps like tinder they are pointless just go up to a girl or a boy and get to know them guarantee you it is far more effective at getting you a date not to mention that spicy senorita is going to see you as being sexy for having the confidence to straight up go for it.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

The problem I have seen with most online dating sites as they are almost always in women's favor! And usually only the men with the most chiseled faced and deepest pockets will get the majority of the women (or at least the more attractive women lets be honest). Basically I feel as if most people on those sights in general are just there for a self gratifying ego boost and not much and the few that are there truly looking for a partner usually just had a terrible breakup or are just lonely...or just a average guy looking for sex (women do that to but they usually dont admit to it because of a term, called "slut shaming" etc) Which they will prolly never get because they are not considered handsome enough or rich enough. Also for example I literally sent a girl a pic of me on one of those sites before after we was talking for a while and she immediately got turned off the idea because my hair was too long, and mind you this was right after a shower so I was clean and everything, just goes to show you that most people on dating sites (ESPECIALLY free ones) are just after sex with the hottest person they can find and dont really give a damn about personality. Which If im honest is how some of those women on those sites end up in abusive relationship etc. 

I find dating sites really aren't very effective. ^_^ I have one dating app, and it's mostly just a waste of time. I did make one friend on it though, but she only wanted to be friends from the first date. lol

• Brohoof 1