gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

Apology accepted.

On another subject who do you guys think would be a good opponent for Hiei from from Yu Yu Hakusho?

My choices for possible opponents are:

1. Ulquiorra (Bleach)

2. Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)

3. Killua Zoldyck (Hunter x Hunter)

I would go with Ulquiorra but that's just me. :ph34r:

Astro Boy should lose tho.

As for Hiei:

Itachi would stomp. Hiei doesn't have any hax resistance feats that could contend with Itachi's Tsukuyomi.

Hiei would stomp Killua by way of a significantly higher DC and durability.

Ulquiorra might be a fair matchup but in regards to DB, inb4 lolreiatsu.

Edited by Galen
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah, putting up a demon against a DEMON SLAYER probably wasn't going to go well for the demon. Why didn't Nightmare just steal his soul or something? Does Guts have defence against soul-stealing? I don't really follow that anime.

I was glad Guts won. That was a good fight. Though he might've had somewhat biased advantage because according to Soul Calibur lore, NOTHING can destroy Soul Edge but Soul Calibur. Yet they still had it be destroyed. Despite Guts' connection to an Astral Plane, even within the Astral Plane only Soul Calibur can destroy Soul Edge. And if Guts had picked up Soul Edge after the fight, he would have become a new Nightmare.

I was glad Guts won. That was a good fight. Though he might've had somewhat biased advantage because according to Soul Calibur lore, NOTHING can destroy Soul Edge but Soul Calibur. Yet they still had it be destroyed. Despite Guts' connection to an Astral Plane, even within the Astral Plane only Soul Calibur can destroy Soul Edge. And if Guts had picked up Soul Edge after the fight, he would have become a new Nightmare.

if soul edge was indestructible, then how did soul caliber come to be? seeing as soul caliber is a piece of soul edge that was reformed. 

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, putting up a demon against a DEMON SLAYER probably wasn't going to go well for the demon. Why didn't Nightmare just steal his soul or something? Does Guts have defence against soul-stealing? I don't really follow that anime.

Well, the thing is, is that while Nightmare does have that ability, Let us not forget that Nightmare is pretty much an epitome of all things evil. It could have been that Nightmare would have found it impractical to use a technique such as his mass soul-stealing ability, because Guts is just one man, and it would be unnecessary in Nightmare's eyes. It could even be said that, being an epitome of evil, the azure knight wanted to toy with Guts to feed his/its own ego, or even break the monotony of being the vessel for an accursed blade by actually engaging in a fight. Contrast to Gut's attitude of willing to do ANYTHING ( and I mean anything ) to get the kill, along with usually ending the fights he gets in with one mere stroke, well... Guts would have the winner's mindset, in my opinion. Not to mention that Gut's when he battles using the berserker armor that he is known for, he actually does contend with an inner beast that desires his soul. That inner beast being a hellhound. Now it is true that Guts needed help to come back to sanity's end, but the hellhound is a part of him, whereas soul edge is an outside influence... I'm not sure if that equates to much, but I feel like Guts would be able to resist such an attempt with the berserker armor active.

While some of this is iffy and I most certainly agree on some points, I do disagree with the point of Gut's being immediately possessed by Soul Edge if he were to pick it up. If I recall correctly, probably around the middle of Volume two of Berserk, many souls of the dead had been attracted to, and even attempted to possess him via the brand. However, Guts is actually able to force these spirits out of him almost instantly by sheer force of will. Now I'm not saying that willpower computes into resistance to unholy possession in all cases, but if you know everything that Guts has been through, then you know that the only thing that matches his arm strength ( THAT IS A 400 POUND SWORD. THAT HE CAN ONE HAND IF SO DESIRED.) Is his will to live through and persevere through any obstacle that comes his way. While I don't think that Guts would even attempt to pick up the sword as screw attack pointed out, but if he did, I think that he would be able to resist the blade's temptation for a long time before he would succumb. 

• Brohoof 1

I haven't really heard of Astro Boy until now. Obviously Megaman is going to win since he is more known and there's a lot of fanboys on his side. They would take every feature of him in every game ever featuring Megaman to make him win of course.

Spike from Cowboy Bebop should be in Death Battle just because.

Edited by cider float

Because, Guts' soul was tagged as a price, for Griffith to attain godhood.

When Griffith used his beilieht(sp), it granted him whatever desire he wanted, in exchange for something close to him. He wanted to rule, and become like a god, so the God Hand accepted his request, and as payment, Griffith pretty much offered the souls of everyone close to him, The Band of the Hawk, which also included Guts since he rejoined to save Griffith. Everyone present at the Eclipse was killed as payment, but Guts and Caska were rescued by the Skull Knight; thus their soulds were not received by the God Hand, but they are still marked for it. That's why Nightmare couldn't just rip Guts' soul out.

Edited by Zhortac
  • Brohoof 2

I still think Hiei VS Sasuke Uchiha should happen:

sig-4192829.sig-4192191.IJWvH8q.png

These 2 have alot in common. Also Jagan Eye VS Sharingan. That would be epic.

Why are you starting to sound like a broken record? We've had this conversation before. Sasuke would stomp horrendously. Hiei's only contry level compared to Sasuke likely being moon level (Indra's arrow). Not to mention the much higher durability. The only thing Hiei cam hope for is to not get speed-blitzed since they're both on the same tier in that regard.

Edited by Galen

At this point, I still want to see Twilight Sparkle vs Aang.

Although considering Twilight in the comics has matched Chrysalis in a fight twice already, and held off the combined attacks of both Chrysalis and Sombra at the same time, while Luna was having trouble fighting just the former, it's quite possible this could be a stomp match.

At this point, I still want to see Twilight Sparkle vs Aang.

Although considering Twilight in the comics has matched Chrysalis in a fight twice already, and held off the combined attacks of both Chrysalis and Sombra at the same time, while Luna was having trouble fighting just the former, it's quite possible this could be a stomp match.

Didn't Twilight lost that fight against Chrysalis and Sombra, and in the first arc, the reason why she was able to match and beat her was a power up from a comet that rarely came by. Other than that, Chrysalis actually beaten a normal powered unicorn Twilight. It would be the equivalent of say giving Aang's firebending a boost because of Sozen's coment. Not saying Aang can beat her, just that I feel Twilight is not as powerful I think.

Edited by Nuke87654

Why are you starting to sound like a broken record? We've had this conversation before. Sasuke would stomp horrendously. Hiei's only contry level compared to Sasuke likely being moon level (Indra's arrow). Not to mention the much higher durability. The only thing Hiei cam hope for is to not get speed-blitzed since they're both on the same tier in that regard.

I doubt Screw Attack would include any of Sasuke's manga feats so it's more fair than you might think.

EDIT: Did they fight Kaguya in the anime too? I'm way behind on Naruto.

More possible opponents for Yusuke Urameshi:

1. Meisuke Nueno (Hell Teacher Nube)

2. Oga and Baby Beel (Beelzebub)

3. Gon (Hunter x Hunter)

What are your thoughts @@Galen?

Edited by Asbel Lhant

Didn't Twilight lost that fight against Chrysalis and Sombra, and in the first arc, the reason why she was able to match and beat her was a power up from a comet that rarely came by. Other than that, Chrysalis actually beaten a normal powered unicorn Twilight. It would be the equivalent of say giving Aang's firebending a boost because of Sozen's coment. Not saying Aang can beat her, just that I feel Twilight is not as powerful I think.

It's not pure magical power but the versatility of what Twilight has been shown she can do with her magic like beam blasts, telekinesis, barriers, teleportation, etc.That's a major edge.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

I doubt Screw Attack would include any of Sasuke's manga feats so it's more fair than you might think.

EDIT: Did they fight Kaguya in the anime too? I'm way behind on Naruto.

More possible opponents for Yusuke Urameshi:

1. Meisuke Nueno (Hell Teacher Nube)

2. Oga and Baby Beel (Beelzebub)

3. Gon (Hunter x Hunter)

What are your thoughts @@Galen?

What makes you think they won't consider Sasuke's manga feats when they did so for Guts? Not to mention SA's penchant for using composite characters rather than specific incarnations implies they'll use any and all material they can get their hands on. With regards to manga and anime, it's quite easy to find the right material so the only problem is then SA's issue with constantly misinterpreting information. However, realistically, it should be a stomp in Sasuke's favor just by virtue of his stats. Then there's additional hax such as his Amaterasu being a type of fire that never stops burning. Dragon of the Darkness Flame doesn't have that property, tho which of the two powers has more DC is up for debate. Sasuke's real power lies in his Susanoo anyways and we can also assume he has Rinnegan powers at his disposal which means even more hax, most prominently energy absorption by way of the Preta path and soul f*ck by Human path (inb4 SA says that doesn't work on demons because they have no souls or something along those lines, even tho Sasuke was able to tame a demon fox before he even got Mangekyou), among others.

I don't know the first two but Gon turns into red mist even in adult form against Yusuke. As for who would be a good match, I was tempted to say Toriko but I think he outclasses Yusuke by a tier.

Edited by Galen
  • Brohoof 1

Actually, she was holding out against Chrysalis.

post-28184-0-68880300-1446590483_thumb.png

Even when her and Sombra combined their magic, she managed to put up some form of defense against them, holding the two of them back for at least a few seconds.

post-28184-0-39169100-1446589437_thumb.png

post-28184-0-79202300-1446589466_thumb.png

Note that she didn't seem to take any damage from it, but rather succumbed to Sombra's magic blocking hax.

post-28184-0-07230500-1446589554_thumb.png

post-28184-0-08053600-1446589556_thumb.png

And here we have Celestia matching Sombra and Chrysalis matching Luna, both evenly until Radiant Hope distracts Celestia and Sombra gets the surprise attack. Considering this turned out ultimately to be dead even until Sombra haxed them, this proves that Chrysalis and Sombra are both at or at least slightly below the two sister's level.

As for the first arc:

post-28184-0-51750600-1446590089_thumb.png

post-28184-0-77713200-1446590096_thumb.png

Twilight and Chrysalis both got the boost from the comet. Twilight's magic just topped out over hers in the end when she started fighting for her friends, or so it would seem.And this is before she became an alicorn.

Edited by Fractured
  • Brohoof 1

Even when her and Sombra combined their magic, she managed to put up some form of defense against them, holding the two of them back for at least a few seconds.

Note that she didn't seem to take any damage from it, but rather succumbed to Sombra's magic blocking hax.

And here we have Celestia matching Sombra and Chrysalis matching Luna, both evenly until Radiant Hope distracts Celestia and Sombra gets the surprise attack. Considering this turned out ultimately to be dead even until Sombra haxed them, this proves that Chrysalis and Sombra are both at or at least slightly below the two sister's level.

As for the first arc:

Twilight and Chrysalis both got the boost from the comet. Twilight's magic just topped out over hers in the end when she started fighting for her friends, or so it would seem.And this is before she became an alicorn.

I'll concede that I was wrong in Chrsalis not recieving a power up from the comet so I'll agree that Alicorn Twilight is stronger than her in a one vs. one fight. However, I'll not concede that Sombra isn't stronger than Twilight considering that his hax abilities allowed him to defeat Celestia and Luna altogether via stone spell. While he simply powered up Chrysalis that allowed her to beat Twilight, still that scene seemed to imply that Sombra and Chrysalis together managed to beat Twilight handily and placed a magic block crystal spell on her horn as added insult for her defeat. Also to add, Chrysalis was going to lose to Luna if I recalled that scene correctly as she seemed to get an upper hand over her till Sombra went hax on both Celestia and Luna.

As for the first arc:

As much as I hate to say it the comics are not canon...Sombra's power = 2 Alicorns. Also did you forget that Princess Celestia herself fought Chrysalis and lost to her?

Edited by Asbel Lhant

As much as I hate to say it the comics are not canon...Sombra's power = 2 Alicorns. Also did you forget that Princess Celestia herself fought Chrysalis and lost to her?

The comics of MLP are treated as secondary canon. Unless the show states or expresses otherwise, than the comics materials are canon. Sombra was beaten by the two sisters so I wouldn't say Sombra at that point = two alicorns. Right now in the comics with his hax, that's a far closer if not favorable matchup for him. Celestia only lost to Chrysalis because she received a major buff in power from Shining Armor's love for Cadance. The comics in the fiendship issue for Chrysalis showed that without such powerups, Celestia stomps her as it was shown it was Celestia who gave her those holes in her legs and banished the changelings from Equestria if my memory is correct.

• Brohoof 1

The comics of MLP are treated as secondary canon. Unless the show states or expresses otherwise, than the comics materials are canon. Sombra was beaten by the two sisters so I wouldn't say Sombra at that point = two alicorns. Right now in the comics with his hax, that's a far closer if not favorable matchup for him. Celestia only lost to Chrysalis because she received a major buff in power from Shining Armor's love for Cadance. The comics in the fiendship issue for Chrysalis showed that without such powerups, Celestia stomps her as it was shown it was Celestia who gave her those holes in her legs and banished the changelings from Equestria if my memory is correct.

It took 2 Alicorns to beat him is what I mean. And ah I see. A bit off topic but do you know where I can find and read these comics online? Please PM me if you do.

It took 2 Alicorns to beat him is what I mean. And ah I see. A bit off topic but do you know where I can find and read these comics online? Please PM me if you do.

You may wish to ask Fractured on that as outside of retail and online stores and spoiler screenshots of comic pages on derpibooru, I don't know anything else.

Edited by Nuke87654

I'll concede that I was wrong in Chrsalis not recieving a power up from the comet so I'll agree that Alicorn Twilight is stronger than her in a one vs. one fight. However, I'll not concede that Sombra isn't stronger than Twilight considering that his hax abilities allowed him to defeat Celestia and Luna altogether via stone spell. While he simply powered up Chrysalis that allowed her to beat Twilight, still that scene seemed to imply that Sombra and Chrysalis together managed to beat Twilight handily and placed a magic block crystal spell on her horn as added insult for her defeat. Also to add, Chrysalis was going to lose to Luna if I recalled that scene correctly as she seemed to get an upper hand over her till Sombra went hax on both Celestia and Luna.

I'm actually not trying to imply that Twilight is stronger than Sombra, just within his ballpark. Sombra himself is obviously stronger than any one alicorn, as depicted by him needing both Celestia and Luna to stop him in show canon, and by him in his AU form being able to hold both Celestia and AU Celestia in a shield spell for some time (noted that the latter was fighting, the former wasn't.) However, with Twilight having been able to match Chrysalis three times already (twice within the newest comic), to the point where she needed a boost in order to definitively beat her, it seems that she's not too far off from that level anymore.

The scaling here would be:

Sombra-Celestia-Luna-Twilight-Chrysalis. With Chrysalis being able to trade blows with Luna, but being slightly behind her, the same as she seemingly is with Twilight, it would seem to suggest they're near or at the same level.

It is quite possible that Celestia is some degree stronger than Luna magically, as in addition to Luna being at or near Chrysalis' level in combat, AU Celestia was able to one-shot AU Luna with little effort in the Reflections arc. Luna also had to struggle to raise the sun in Celestia's absence, with it obviously requiring much less effort from her older sister.

• Brohoof 1