mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

(edited)
3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Ice Princess Silky  Thought/question: Is an A.I. text post like those weird Reddit stories that always sound totally fake? :confused:

I'm just trying to figure out how to spot possible fake forum posts. 😐

Well, I played a lot with GPT4.5 a while ago.

It's actually difficult to spot if an AI nature of text is hidden intentionally. But on default settings it's pretty much recognizable.

First sign: text is way too formal and polite. AI companies force their models to be this way to avoid reputation damage in case if someone will be offended by AI reply.

Second sign: text is really bulky. If you give to AI any text and ask to write an answer, it will split incoming text for pieces and mention any of them. For example if you say "Good morning! It's rain outside. Take an umbrella." AI may answer like "I wish a good morning to you too. Thank you for letting me know that it's rain outside. I definitely will take an umbrella."

Also grammar. AI text is grammatically correct usually. If mistakes aren't maden intentionally of course.

Edited by Captain Salty Scribbles
  • Brohoof 5

9 hours ago, ComanderZhabikKlavik said:

I'm thinking of a new AI-related rule. I don't use AI to write texts but now I feel like I will be confused with AI. It's all about my communication style and the fact that I often think like a machine. Can anyone tell me if my communication style is similar to AI or not?

Do not compare yourself to a souless computer, there is a reason for people to communicate with each other, if the words come from yourself you're showing your heart and soul in them, what you write makes part of your spirit, start using AI and that we won't be able to see that human aspect of yours anymore, it's your choice 

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1

I was looking at the colors for the new iPhone just out of curiosity. And for the pro model all the color options were bland, grayscale colors. I hate how common boring colors like that have become. Every car is black, white, or gray. Phones are all black, white, or gray. Houses are white, tan/brown, or gray. Even game consoles are almost all black, white, or gray with no colorful special editions. Where's all the color, man?

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

Ordered something online and was offered a later delivery date while reducing emissions by 70%. Said no, and now while I’m reading all this about the Earth’s carbon cycle and whatnot, I feel a little bit guilty :U (also noting 2100 could be a critical year if we keep it up). I’ll reconsider next time if I don’t really need something that quick. I know about climate change but I tend not to be crazy on micromanaging.

14 hours ago, ComanderZhabikKlavik said:

I'm thinking of a new AI-related rule. I don't use AI to write texts but now I feel like I will be confused with AI. It's all about my communication style and the fact that I often think like a machine. Can anyone tell me if my communication style is similar to AI or not?

What you are doing now works fine. :D

Does not need change!

• Brohoof 1