Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dinosaurs In Equestria

Silver Dust

@@Silver Dust,

You know, you don't have to kill them. You can capture them instead and it actually gives you more money and different rewards for doing so. For example, it's easier to harvest milk off a captured beast than a dead one, but easier to get tails from a dead one 

Dinosuars are scary but Dragons, Timberwolves, Tatzlworms, Cragidiles, and Changelings aren't? Trust me, the writers can work Dinosaurs into the story. If they appear, I bet Twilight would be fascinated and not notice and entire heard of them destroying Ponyville.

The writers have tackled scary and mythological creatures, so putting Dinosaurs in the show wouldn't be so bad. Twilight would be interested in learning about them, if she can get a closer look.

There's something people tend to not notice about dinosaurs: they're animals, not monsters.

Fluttershy would love the chance to make new friends, especially when they can help keep everypony safe against actual monstrosities.

>People trying to apply cladistics to a fictional group of animals. Now I've seen everything.

Anyway, I think it is a huge stereotype that girls can't like dinosaurs. Hell, one of my best friends in college goes to school for paleontography and she's a girl! Girls can like dinosaurs just as much as guys.

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 2

Equestria has a sh*t ton of creatures (mostly mythological) but who's to say that there aren't any dinosaurs?

I don't see why not xD

@,

It's a stereotype but Hasbro tends to follow those to a tee. Why else did they make Equestria Girls? They will try to make is enjoyable for adults, but they won't cater to them. If you want dinosaurs, you can look at Dinobots, another of their IPs

@@Silver Dust,

Considering that even the animals in the show are insane....nah. The Timberwolves are basically raptors, Ursas are enormous beasts that can level towns, and the Parasprites are basically God's Locusts. Fluttershy could try training dinosaurs, but the food costs would be ludicrous and them encroaching would be seen as threatening territory to the bigger fauna like TimberWolf kings and Ursas

• 4 months later...

Dinosaurs are too dangerous and too big to stay in Equestria, a very small land to live in.

img-2450879-1-1394441913111.jpg

Linnorms.

Side notes: the false palate is fleshy (like in phytosaurs and earlier crocodilians), and Godzilla is just a mutated lizard.

Also, looking at the dragon skeleton, the femur is unbent (unlike in dinosaurs) and is in what's known as the pillar-erect stance; exclusively crurotarsan.

There are different variations of Godzilla.

One is a dinosaur mutated

Another is the fusion of all the souls of the dead people killed by the atomic bombs

Another the best one, is nature itself, taking revenge on humanity for what they did.