Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Showing MLP to my friends?

Colorful Respawn

My birthday is coming up in two months and I decided to have a movie night on my property we have at my grandmas. Movies will be projected onto a sheet blanket type thing. But what I'm asking is if I should show my friends an episode or two? Also which episodes who'd be best for a non-brony to experience first? I just want to show them that it's not so girly once you get passed the intro. I also want to share some things the fandom creates. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Gemini V2

make a list of episodes worth showing and them letting them pick one
Well it's fairly new to them, so I don't know if they could pick one. They'd probably think all of them are girly and such. :) 

I also want to film them, to get a reaction video, but just to put on this site, not YouTube.

OKAY, story time!!! So when I was the only Brony out of my friends, none of them knew that. One night I was with 4 of my friends having a sleep over during the end of the quarter last year. We're using my xbox to watch YouTube, and they wanted to show me a Parody of "Dragon Ball Z" it was some hour long video, it's bee a long time since I've seen it.

But I wasn't a fan of Dragon Ball Z, I saw some of the actual show when I was younger. But never really liked it. Now since I really didn't want to watch the video, I made them a deal.

Me: Guy's if you want me to watch this, you gotta watch something that I want to show all of you.

Corry: Sure man, what's the title? (Fan of Anime/Fan of Hentai)

Me: Don't worry about that too much.

TK: C'mon man just tell us! (Fan of Anime/Fan of Kingdom Hearts)

Corry: Yeah.

Tristen: Don't pester him, let's just wait and find out. (Fan of Anime/Fan of Kingdom Hearts)

Me: Exactly

Shawn: Dick. (Fan of Big Bang Theory/Fan of Battlefield)

Me: :)

so after the whole video I search up "Ponies the Anthology 1" they all said this at the same time. "What the fuck?" but when the jokes started they were laughing. And after that night, I am safe to say they're all Bronies and 18 of my other friends are Brony's too. Now I'm in my senior year at my Highschool, 18 more B day's left, and 19 A day's left. I am also a student body officer at my school, and I wear Brony attire all the time. Do I get judged? no...? I just like this fandom, and I don't take it tooo seriously! *Cough* furies *cough* lol not hating, I just know plenty of Furies, my friend Jayden who's gay is one. LOL the outfits he has.

• Brohoof 4

Sure, go for it man, and I have said this in other posts, but show him the Wonderbolts Academy episode just because it seems to be the least girly episode, and has one of the most badass ponie it it! B)

• Brohoof 1

Lesson Zero, Party of one, Canterlot wedding Imo awesome has a great vibe, Return of Harmony, Too Many pinkie pies, Pinkie Pride, Sleepless in ponyville.

Fan created stuff show em the Clint Eastwood parody song with Pinkie., Malk with ponies parody is funny and too freak em out I guess throw in cupcakes too lol.

And last but not least make sure by the end they know RD is awesome. :wub:B)

By all means show them a few of the funner episodes like Party of One, the season openers... Just, you know, don't expect to convert them or anything like that. Show them for the sake of showing them and if they become bronies, cool, otherwise, live and let live.

By all means show them a few of the funner episodes like Party of One, the season openers... Just, you know, don't expect to convert them or anything like that. Show them for the sake of showing them and if they become bronies, cool, otherwise, live and let live.

I know, I wasn't trying to force them into liking it. I just wanted to show them that it isn't so girly once passed the intro. :)