Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bloodlines~ (SOL / Dark mystery)

Midnight Scribbler

(edited)

OOC thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sunset Glow

Congratulations Peasant,

You have been selected to stay at Bloodwell, a majestic mountainside town with a flavorful history. You will get the once in a life time chance to experience the finest in dining, wine tasting, live plays, and outdoor sporting activities. You have already been booked and there are no expenses. Everything is covered, because I, Prince Blueblood, am a gracious host. I look forward to your words of praise for my newest resort.

-Prince Blueblood

By Royal Mandate, if you have opened and read this letter, you are obligated to attend. If you refuse or otherwise do not attend then you shall be imprisoned for no less than two years. Such is my will.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The letter read, and on the other side, the date, time and location for the travel arrangements. Today was the day, and the time was growing near. Sunset had made her way down to the Hotel where the invitation had stated. She'd spent the morning packing her things, and grooming herself for a trip she'd somehow been chosen for. It was nice to finally take time off from her work, though it was extremely unexpected, especially for the company of Royalty. Sunset grabbed the letter from her teeth, and flipped it over to make sure of the time and location, then placed it back between her teeth once she spotted the carriage. "Ah, good, good. I haven't missed it." She thought, remembering the fine print. Despite all of the wonderful things promised on the card, something about this whole thing felt wrong. Almost too good to be true, and yet, it was mandatory royal business apparently, so who could argue with that? She stepped up to the carriage, being greeted by the coach master, who took her letter, and then her bags, and placed them on the roof rack for her. As she stepped into the carriage, the feeling of dread seemed to grow, but there was seemingly no reason for it. She cast the thought aside as frazzled nerves in the face of high society. Looking out the window, she could see others approaching with letters in their possession as well. She was not alone it seemed, that was comforting at least. There was still about ten minutes before the ride left the hotel. She'd planned for a long ride, and relaxation time, so she'd packed her favorite books. Pulling one out she'd been picking away at, she flipped to the page she'd left off and awaited the others to arrive. The ride was spacious, and comfortable. There was lots of seating, and room to move around. Clearly this was no ordinary coach ride, it definitely seemed fitting of a royal excursion.

Edited by Midnight Scribbler
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Gardenia

Congratulations Peasant,                                                            \\

//

You have been selected to stay at Bloodwell, a majestic mounta\\inside town with a flavorful history. You will get the once in a life time chance to experience the finest in dining, wine tastin//g, live plays and outdoor sporting activities. You have already been booked and there are no expenses. Everything is c\\overed, because I, Prince Blueblood, am a gracious host. I look forward to your words of praise for my newest resort.  \\                                                     

//

-Prince Blueblood                                                                          //

//

By Royal Mandate, if you have opened and read this letter, you are obligated to attend. If you refuse or otherwise do not att//end then you shall be imprisoned for no less than two years. Such is my will.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gardenia let out an exasperated sigh as she looked over her letter of invitation one final time before leaving, "perhaps it was unwise of me to tear this, but really, where does that Blueblood jerk get off calling me a peasant? Not that I really take pride in it, but I am the sole heiress of the Greengrass Estate. Coming from an elitist snob like him, surely addressing me as a peasant was meant to be taken as an insult." Gardenia shook her head, "but I suppose tearing it in twine just proves that he succeeded in getting under my skin. How terribly embarrassing."

Gardenia put the letter back in her saddlebags, and rechecked it's contents, "yes, everything seems to be in order here. Hopefully the one book will last for the duration of the resort. I'll probably only read it in my down time, but even then..." Gardenia just smirked and closed her saddlebags, "well, must be off then. Wouldn't want to dally too long. Even though I doubt he actually has the authority to carry out what was written in the fine print, frankly, I'm just looking forward to this." She hoofed it down from her quaint hotel room to where the coach was, and saw a mare present her letter to the coach master.

"Oh, right, bugger. Hopefully he'll still let me in." She opened her bags once again and clenched the letter in her teeth. Trotting up to the coach she presented the coach master with the invitation in her teeth, smiling in the hopes that a bit of friendly charm would let her go in without him questioning why the letter was in the state it was in. The coach master simply took her letter and her bags, and placed her luggage on the roof rack.

Stepping into the carriage, she let out a sigh of relief as she noticed how spacious it was. "Hopefully it doesn't get crowded in here..." Gardenia took a seat opposite of the mare that came before her, and, noticing that she was occupied with a book, contently pulled out her own book, The Encyclopedia on the Flora of Northern Equestria, and began to leaf through its pages.

Edited by Aged Rain
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Emerald Gaze.

Emerald had paced herself on the way to the carriage: she had brought little with her and made certain not to get herself into a mess before departing - not that she minded mess at all: it just wouldn't befit her to meet royal to looking any less that her best.

Even if it was Blueblood...

She presumed that they would be meeting their uncharacteristically kind host at any rate - regardless, it didn't hurt to make a good first impression on anypony, royalty or not.

She hopped up into the carriage with agility and precision: passing the letter across formally as she did.

No trace of suspicion or apprehension crossed the diplomats mind for once - her paranoia was working overtime, but that was nothing unusual. It came with her line of work after all. No, indeed the prime focus of her thoughts was on the fact that even though she had witnessed luxuries in a number of foreign lands, she had never really seen the best that her home had to offer... and this was finally an opportunity to remedy that fact! Of all the places she visited, Equestria was the one where she wasn't surrounded by potential enemies - it was the safest that she could hope to be, and she had her papers to hand to deal with any minor mishaps along the way.

She would ensure that everyone on this little trip enjoyed themselves as much as possible: herself included.

Smiling warmly and nodding politely in acknowledgement of the two mares already seated as she passed, Emerald selected a seat and sat with a small sigh of appreciation at the surprising level of comfort - pausing with her eyes closed and a faint smile across her muzzle as she basked in the gentle need to do absolutely nothing at all.

She deserved a holiday, after all.

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Fizzle (And a one-time appearance by her brother)

The young mare was running towards the carriage, worried she was going to be late, her brother chasing after her frantically.  "Fizz, would you just WAIT for one minute!?"

"No way!  The carriage is gonna leave without me!"  Even as she speaks Fizzle starts to skid to a stop as the carriage comes into view, panting slightly from her short run from the hotel they'd stayed at the night before.  It hadn't left yet!  That was a good sign.  She stops to wait for her brother to catch up, wanting to say goodbye one last time before they went their separate ways again.

"Sheesh you're fast....  *huff*  I told you we weren't running late..."  She laughs quietly at her brother's complaints, quickly wrapping a hoof around his neck in a hug.  "Love you too Emb!  Don't get lost while I'm gone, 'kay?  I'll meet up with you again...  I dunno, sometime later."

"Yeah yeah, get going before you get left behind...  And don't forget to advertise if you get the chance!  I could use the business!"  "That's all you ever think of...  Can't you come with me?"  "Nope, letter was addressed to you kiddo.  Besides, me and fancy royalty?  That wouldn't mix too well...  I'd be leaving soot and ash everywhere."

As though to emphasize his words, Fizzle looks at the leg she'd hugged him with and frowns, the tip of her horn glowing as she magically pushes the soot off of her. "Just because you never bathe...  I mean seriously, I know you have a thing with water, but you could use a sponge or something..."  "How did this conversation become about my bathing habits?  Get on the train!"

Giggling and turning to trot towards the carriage, Fizzle turns around to blow a kiss to her brother before trying to walk on the carriage.  She looks at the coach master and smiles widely, reaching for her saddle bags for the letter...

The letter...

Where was her letter!?

"Oh no!  I swear I had it this morning!  Wherediditgowherediditgowherediditgo!?"  Suddenly the letter she was looking for levitated over her head, thanks to her brother, who was waving goodbye with his stump of a horn glowing as he floated her letter to the coach master for her.  With a wide grin she calls back to him "THANKS EMB!" before scrambling onto the carriage.

As she slides into the carriage, Fizzle blinks a couple times as she looks at the guests already there.  They all looked more sophisticated than her...  And well...  Older.  She seemed to easily be the youngest one there.  Swallowing the lump forming in her throat, Fizzle puts on a friendly smile and casually brings up a hoof to brush through her mess of a mane.  Be cool, Fizzle...  Make a good impression...

"Erm...  Heya everypony!  How's it going, looking forwards to the trip?"  As she spoke Fizzle walks forward, making her way towards an empty seat...  Before her hoof catches on a loose bit of the rug and she falls forward.  The young mare bounces back up nearly as soon as she falls, laughing as she slides into an empty seat.  "Uh, not THAT trip!  Heh...  Heh heh..."  Smooth, Fizz...  Real smooth...  Doing a WONDERFUL job of making a first impression as a sophisticated pony...

Edited by Umbreon
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Emerald Gaze.

@@Umbreon,

Emerald tittered to herself slightly as Fizzle lurched forward - thankful for someone to arrive and break the awkward silence of the reading ponies. Another mare... well, little more than a filly really but still - she was beginning to see a pattern here.

'Typical Blueblood...' She thought, rolling her eyes subtly before holding out a hoof unnecessarily to try and stabilise the poor girl as she sat down.

First impressions counted for everything: every pretty, useless gesture meant something - even if nopony noticed them consciously.

"Easy there darling - we've not even set off yet!" She smiled warmly - idly running a hoof across the fixtures of the extravagant carriage. "There will be plenty of excitement when we arrive, no doubt. No need to tire yourself out before then."

The ambassador made a point of knowing faces around the caste grounds fairly well - communication was her talent after all - but it was clear that these ponies weren't all from around the palace. One looked somewhat familiar - but the other two were new faces to her. That was good: it wasn't going to be some stuffy political event. Not that she minded 'stuffy' - but it was reassuring to know that she wouldn't be frowned upon for letting her mane down once in a while.

"A pleasure to meet you darling. My name is Emerald - might I know yours?" She enquired politely: taking care to avoid any unintentional tones of superiority. She didn't feel superior to any of the ponies here, but the filly's upbeat tone contrasted her own flowing words more than a little, and miscommunication tended to be an unfortunately common side effect if speaking formally.

She could drop the tone to something more casual later perhaps - after she knew exactly who would be accompanying them on their trip - and how best to deal with them.

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 1

Fizzle

@,

The young mare smiled across at Emerald, one of her ears flicking before she responds.  "Oh, my name's Fizzle!  And no need to worry about me tiring myself out, thanks though!  I'm always like this!  Er, not the falling down part I mean, I don't do that.  Well, not more than any other pony.  Not that ponies fall down a lot.  I mean, some probably do.  Not me.  I'm making it worse aren't I?"

Laughing nervously, Fizzle shuts her eyes before abruptly dropping her face to hide it in her hooves.  "I swear I'm not usually this awkward!  Can I start over?"  Without actually waiting for an answer Fizzle lifts her head again with her smile back on her face, trying to NOT come across as an annoying kid...  She was a young mare!  She just...  Was still working on how to act like that.

"Anyways!  Umm, yeah, my name's Fizzle...  Nice to meet you Emerald.  I'm guessing you got one of those letters too, huh?"  As she asks Fizzle tilts her head slightly, trying to look over the older mare without being obvious about it.  Her jewelry is pretty...  Should I have brought something like that?  ...Do I even own jewelry?  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Muddle was trying her best to stay out of sight.

She was hidden behind a wall, near the carriage, and would constantly poke her head over the side to look at the ponies getting on. 'what am I doing here?' She thought, 'I'm not like these ponies, I'm not special or important looking. I've never even been invited over to someone house before, and now I'm here...' 

She continued to wond~ "Correction, let me stop you both there. We're here."

... Well thanks for your input...A shadowy figure stood next the mare. It had a screwdriver in its hair matching its skin and was enjoying an apple. The mare only sighed, in disappointment, as she heard its voice. "Shadow, can't you just leave me in peace... for five minutes?" It bit into its apple, "I would, but I think  you've already wasted a day." ... Jerk.

She rolled her eyes, ignoring the crazy things her shadow would say, and looked back at the carriage. ​"I didn't even want this vacation, I want to go home..." Shadow took another bite of its apple and nodded, "True, but how could you say no? I mean, look at all the free time you have."

Muddle's gaze turned towards her shadow. She had a very dull look in her eyes and spoke. ​"That's only because my last two shows have been canceled. The stage miraculously fell apart in the park, and the rec center had become infested... They traced it back to a bunch of rotting apples..."

The screw driver disappeared, and shadow tossed the apple over it's shoulder. "Point?" So, maybe it was curious; what exactly did a prince want with a mare like her? The only problem was that Muddle wasn't as enthusiastic. "I'm going home..." ​"I thought you might say that... So it took the liberty of reading over your invitation." Shadow grinned as pair of glasses and quill appeared in its hooves, and then it began pointing out, "A two year vacation, brought to you by the royal guards~" "..." ... 

~

Muddle slowly approached the horse drawn carriage. Two bags were floating in the air above her, but one was being dragged by her own hoof. It seemed to jump and growl as she carried it. 'Well, no turning back now.' She held on to her... 'personal' bag and stored the others. Then pulled out her ~ "Where is it, I just..." Well...

She grinned sheepishly in front of the guard and reach closer to her bag. "S-shadow, would you mind?" Her bag hit her in the nose. 

She blushed and quickly mentioned her name, then scurried off inside hopefully before the guard could question her about passes. if she actually succeeded, she rushed down the isle of the carriage and took her seat in the far back.@@Midnight Scribbler@@SilverHeart,

Edited by Dreamless
  • Brohoof 2

Sunset Glow

@,

@,

@@Umbreon,

Sunset lowered her book as the others began making their way onto the carriage. Two of the others appeared to be higher class, at least in appearance. They could have just been dressing for the occasion however. She dropped her book back into her bag, feeling as though it would be rude to ignore her new travel companions. She watched as a young mare stumbled to her seat and awkwardly greeted the black mare. Sunset nodded and smiled as Fizzle greeted the whole group, then noticed Emerald. The black mare seemed vaguely familiar, perhaps she'd shown up in Sunset's shop before? She couldn't remember. "Well, good morning. I suppose I should introduce myself" She chuckled lightly. "My name is Sunset Glow." Turning her attention to Emerald momentarily. "You seem familiar somehow. Have we met before?" Sunset took the chance of asking, even though she wasn't sure, there was no harm in it.

@,

The coach master leaned his head as the bag at Muddle's hooves lurched. He noted nothing was inside that he could see, aside from the letter she produced from it. He grunted, taking the letter as Muddle made her way past. He couldn't help but feel strange about this mare, but he shook his head, passing it off as his mind playing tricks.

Sunset's attention was momentarily averted as another young mare entered. Her simple blue dress was charming, but she definitely didn't appear to be of high society. It was an odd mix of ponies, and oddly enough, all mares so far.

(edited)

Gardenia took note of all the other mares arriving, but she didn't really want to initiate a conversation with any of them quite yet. "I mean, they seem nice, but... but what if when they introduce themselves they put out their hoof to shake? I'd rather not deal with such a situation. Best I first talk to them when everypony's seated and the carriage is moving, because no pony would get out of their seat just to shake my hoof, right? Yes, that seems good, yes."

@

Gardenia couldn't help but feel as if though she had seen the mare with the piercing green eyes before, "hmm... where could I have seen her before? She seems like she might spend plenty of time with nobility. Could I have seen her on the castle grounds before? It's possible, but... "

Edited by Aged Rain

Emerald Gaze.

@@Umbreon,

Emerald nodded twice with carefully considered enthusiasm - with the energy to suggest that she might be containing some greater excitement. That should be about right.

"I did - from a certain Prince no less!" She agreed. "Not the politest of invitations I have ever received, but one doesn't simply dispute royalty, Do they? Besides - I needed the vacation."

Winking knowingly, she noted the fillys gaze toward the jewels that she had - admittedly - been a little overzealous in applying. It had been a self fulfilling prophecy when she had been named, that the beautiful green stones would appeal to her way of thinking.

@@Midnight Scribbler,

As one of the mares whom seemed vaguly-recognisable spoke up a greeting, Emerald turned her head and peered more closely in her direction.

"Possibly... though I'm sure I'd be ashamed to have forgotten if we had." She responded in a similar tone and a warm expression. "Perhaps in passing? I travel a little. Or if you spend much time in Canterlot? Regardless, It's my pleasure to meet you again, if that is the case."

Nothing unusual about this one - she might have been wary of the mare if she was working: as things were though, there was no cause for concern. No doubt just another pony Blueblood had taken a liking to from a distance... He had probably never met most of them - knew nothing more about them than their pretty faces.

Emerald wouldn't make that mistake.

@,

The newcomer seemed like another from outside of the princes usual circles - she didn't speak - shy, perhaps? There was no sense in pressuring her: no sense in burning bridges by trying to cross them too quickly after all. She spared a simple, slightly softer smile in the mares direction.

@,

And lastly, there was the mare that Emerald had certainly seen around the castle - she didn't recall actually meeting her on a personal level, but she had seem amiable enough in passing. So far she had remained the most quiet, though Emerald didn't recall ever having hearing her speak at all. Unusual... no doubt there was more to learn - she made a mental note to follow up this query in the future.

So that made... a carriage containing five mares of various backgrounds, passive-aggressively forced onto some luxury resort at the will of a known bigot and generally disliked stallion. Wonderful. No doubt she would have to ensure that none of them did anything that they might regret - as was often the case around the spoiled prince.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Coat Tail stepped off the carriage and just stood a moment, taking it all in.

I'm really here. This is really happening.

He had been absolutely thrilled when he had read the invitation, once he had gone through the initial shock and disbelief. It's not every day you get an invitation from royalty to come to an exclusive resort, and Coat intended to make the most of it. He dug through his bag and pulled out a small mirror.

Making good first impressions are a top priority. From the minute I get on the private carriage, I'll be judged, and I can't make it big if I'm immediately regarded as a common pony. I have to be one of them. Everything must be perfect.

He was rearranging his mane a bit when he was interrupted by one of the carriage drivers.

"Excuse me, sir, but I believe your next carriage is already waiting just down that way" he said, pointing. Then he leaned in a little closer and dropped his voice. "I,d be fast, if I were you. I hear the it's full of mares." He winked and walked away, leaving Coat fixing up his appearance even more frantically.

A carriage full of mares? Somehow this situation just got even better. Coat may have been there to become a rising star, but he'd never miss a chance at a little romance. Besides, being popular with the ladies usually makes one popular with everybody.

Satisfied with his mane, he put on a pair of sunglasses and walked to the carriage. In a motion he had practiced many times, he casually handed his luggage to the conductor and showed him the letter. To anyone else, he would look like he belonged there, like invitations to take private rides was something he was used to.

But in truth, Coat had no idea what to really expect. He stepped in and quickly looked around, analyzing everypony he saw. It was clear who were commoners and who weren't.

Can't sit with the more common ponies, but I can't be so presumptuous as to sit down next to the- well, any of them, really. I can't act too familialry with any of them yet.

Quietly, he took a seat, careful not to be too close to any of them. I really hope I haven't screwed up already...

(I hope the minor and temporary control of that NPC is okay.)

Edited by Evilshy

The Coach Master continued to stand by the carriage door for several more minutes. He did his best to ignore their conversation, eavesdropping wasn't polite afterall. Nor was it considered a forgiveable act among the nobles. Even conversing with the upper classes was deemed a faux pas. The stallion let out an inaudible sigh, he almost missed the days when he had worked at for a small carriage company in Manehattan. The pay was terrible but at lesst the clients wou-the loud ringing of the city's bell signified that it was time to leave. The stallion turned around to look at his passengers. ""I apologize for interrupting but we are about to depart. It will be the better part of a day before we arrive at the resort. As such, this carriage is fully stocked and equipped with refreshments." He pointed a good at a small cabinet under one of the seats. "Normally there would be a charge but as honored guests of the resort, all of your expenses will be taken care of. Please enjoy yourselves."

The stallion finished speaking, not waiting for or expecting any questions or response. He closed the door. Several seconds later the carriage gently lurched forward

Sunset Glow

(Short post, gotta run)

@@SilverHeart,

@@Evilshy,

@,

@,

@,

@@Umbreon,

Sunset smiled back at Emerald, she seemed nice enough. "Likewise. Perhaps you know of my shop in Canterlot? It's fairly well known among the spas and massage therapy places. Magic Wax Works? I specialize in enchanted candles." She was just finishing her sentence when a stallion stepped between them and took a seat by himself. Shortly after the coach master announced their departure, and they were on their way. The coach rolling along down the road. Suddenly she wondered if there had been more who'd chosen not to come. Or perhaps Blueblood felt that he was obligated to invite at least one Stallion in order to keep appearances.

Fizzle

The young mare had stayed quiet while the others spoke, not wanting to be rude and interrupt.  Her smile stayed on her face though, her awkwardness from just a short while ago already gone from her mind.  Everypony seemed nice enough - this was going to be great!  She hadn't spoken with everypony else yet, but she already liked Emerald.  She felt like the older mare was more excited than she had said, and Fizzle liked that.  Of course, Emerald seemed like a sophisticated pony, so it made sense she would control herself better than Fizzle had...  But she knew!  

She had watched as others came into the carriage as well, trying to take a mental image of the ponies she would be spending this strange little vacation with.  The first part of making new friends was to try and get to know everyone, after all!  A lot of them seemed sort of quiet, maybe shy.  She could respect that - she didn't exactly know what it was like, but she could respect it.  After the stallion had come on board the coach master spoke up, and then the carriage was moving!

She couldn't stay quiet anymore.  "Ooooh yay, we're on our way!  This is so exciting!  I can't wait, we're going to have so much fun!"  Glancing around at the others in the carriage, and seeing that none of them had moved to look at the cabinet that the coach master had pointed out just before they departed, Fizzle abruptly leans down to open it up to see what was inside.

She freezes when she notes the alcoholic beverages inside the cabinet, before closing it and sitting back upright.  I...  I've never had anything like that before...  Is that allowed?  What am I saying, of course it is, I'm not some little filly anymore...  But...  Should I?  Would that look bad if I did?  Maybe I should let everyone else go through it first...  Yeah, yeah that sounds like a good idea.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Gardenia

Gardenia took note as the last of the ponies entered the carriage, and made a mental assessment of the group. "Hmm... let's see. Including me, there's 5 ponies. It's a bit odd that there's only one stallion. He seems a bit... odd. Can't quite put my hoof on it, but he seems... yeah, I don't even know. Eh, best I don't judge him anyway."

"Additionally... all the rest are unicorns. Typical Blueblood, hardly ever considers us non-magical ponies." Gardenia let out a small sigh under her breath, "well, I suppose I shouldn't complain about that. After all, their telekinesis makes them easier for me to... interact with."

Realizing that now would be an opportune time to actually say something, to build up a rapport with some of them, Gardenia closed her book.

@@Umbreon

She turned to a young green mare who expressed her excitement, the same one who tripped up on her entrance. The mare had opened the liquor cabinet, but quietly closed it back up on seeing it's contents. "Good, " Gardenia though to herself, "the last thing I need on this trip in this confined space is drunk ponies... they can get so grabby."

"You're excited for this trip too, huh? My name's Gardenia, by the way, it's a pleasure to meet you... miss Fizzle, was it?"

Edited by Aged Rain
  • Brohoof 1

Emerald Gaze.

@@Midnight Scribbler,

"I can't say that I do, dear - but you simply must show me on our return! It sounds divine!" Cooed Emerald with genuine interest - enchanted candles? She could certainly use some help with relaxation from time to time and they sounded excellent. "There are simply so many places in the city, every day I discover something I didn't know was there! It's certainly interesting, but I can't help but wonder at what other marvels I might have overlooked as well..."

@@Umbreon,

The diplomat smiled softly in response to Fizzle's concern over the 'refreshments'.

"It's quite alright dear - no need to feel pressured." She leaned over and whispered softly - nudging the filly slightly before inspecting the cabinet. Wine! Red wine, specifically - her boisson préférée, so to speak. Not that it was particularly refreshing but... well someone had an excellent taste in drinks, even if she doubted that it was Blueblood.

Of course, there were other things in there: but Emerald eyes skipped over most of them without a second thought - some simply didn't appeal to her as much as the wine, while others she didn't recognise at all. She wasn't going to make that mistake again: she knew where she stood with wine. Knew quite well when to stop.

Horn glowing as she pulled the bottle free with expert precision, she also brought a narrow glass up beside it and half filled it - before taking a sip.

"We wouldn't want to deny out hosts hospitality now, would we?" Emerald commented with an mischievous smile and matter-of-fact tone, before regaining her composure and turning towards the last mare that she recognised.

@,

"My dear, excuse me but your face seems so familiar, yet I can't quite bring to mind why... I have seen you in the castle grounds, yes?"

• Brohoof 1

@

Gardenia turned to the vaguely familiar mare when she was asked a question, "Huh?" She said in slight surprise when she saw Emerald looking at her expectantly. "Well, yes, quite possibly." Gardenia said, raising a roof to her chin as she thought of her answer. "I mean, I do spend a lot of my time there," she said rather confidently, bringing her hoof back down from her chin. But she then sheepishly added, "or, rather, in the gardens, to be precise. Or the library..."

Realizing that she was getting a tad flustered in her response, she quickly and confidently added, "So, yes, it's quite likely that you've seen me as I went to and fro'."

"But, I do not believe we've ever properly been introduced. I am Gardenia, Duke Greengrass's daughter. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," Gardenia said, habitually slipping into courteous protocol.

"Hmm, perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned my family. After all, this is an informal vacation, and not everypony here is nobility. Oh well, too late to rescind it, and they were all probably going to find out sooner or later, anyways." Gardenia thought to herself.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Muddle sat quietly in the back of the carriage, silently watching everyone greet each other and relax. She slightly chuckled, after wondering why she could never seem to do the same. She started to smile, 'Well, think of the bright side... ' She continued to smile and decided to get back to that later.

She recalled the stallion from earlier mentioning refreshments, so she looked around her chair for something that would hold a nice drink to calm her nerves. She chuckled at the idea of finding~ 'Hey, a melon berry mix. I haven't had one of these in years! I guess I was wrong to think that there would only be alcohol.' She smiled and put the familiar drink in her hooves and then slowly started to drink from the can.

As she drunk, Muddle noticed one of the ponies from the corner of her eye. It was one of the stallions the only stallion to come on board. 'Should that small detail be important?' She thought for a moment about what this meant. '...Eh, I'm sure it's nothing.'

~

The bag slightly jumped on the ground. Unfortunately. Muddle had placed it out of sight. 'It tells you something about Blue Blood's character.' Unfortunately, Muddle could not hear the being inside of the bag. '... Give me a break!'

~

She disregarded the thought. what really mattered was the thing that had caught her attention. She noticed the stallion remained as quiet as she was while the others conversed. 'Maybe?' She looked at the others talking and then at the drink in her hoof. 'He is a bit far away... Maybe it really wouldn't hurt to just say 'hi' ?'   

@@Evilshy,

She cleared her throat and went over the line in her head. 'Hi hi hi hi hi~' When she slightly moved closer, and the time came to introduce herself. Muddle smiled, looked the stallion in the eye, and said... in an extremely weak voice, "Uh~ hey?"

'Feathers!'

Edited by Dreamless
  • Brohoof 1

Fizzle

@,

@,

Fizzle nods her head excitedly to Gardenia, though she stays quiet once Emerald speaks up and listens to what the others have to say.   Once there's a break in the conversation the young mare speaks up again, shutting her eyes briefly as she does.  "Er, yeah, my name's Fizzle.  Fizzle Sparx...  But you can call me Fizz if you want.  I mean, I don't mind.  My brother calls me that.  I'm going into too much explanation aren't I.  So you two are both from the castle!?  That's so cool, I've never seen the inside of it!  I saw the outside once, because I had to go to Canterlot to pick some things up, but it wasn't like I could just walk in to take a good look."

She laughs quietly before opening her eyes again, turning her gaze back and forth between Gardenia and Emerald.  This was so exciting - two new friends already, and they were both so sophisticated and important!  "I'm starting to wonder why I got invited along to this trip along with important ponies like you two though...  I mean, I grew up on a rock farm.  And I'm just my brother's assistant.  Oh, speaking of which, SparxfireworksbestthissideofFillydelphia."  She said that last part so quickly and under her breath, it would have probably been impossible to distinguish.  Rolling her eyes, she grins a little sheepishly at her two new friends.  "...Sorry, I promised my brother I would at least advertise for him once.  Now it's out of the way and I don't need to try and remember it."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Coat Tail had been thinking of a way to initiate a conversation. I could use a drink to calm myself down a bit anyway, might as well try to talk to someone while I'm at it.

He was thinking of things to break the ice with when he heard a greeting that seemed to be directed at him.

@Dreamless

Startled, Coat looked up. A young mare with a red mane had walked up to him. He looked her over as quickly as he could. Looks a little younger than me. Attractive, though... but... Something's a little off. Can't put my hoof on it...

Realizing he was staring, he quickly made eye contact and smiled.

"Hi. Some carriage this is, huh? Not to mention the destination..." He shook his head, as if remembering something. "Oh, manners. I'm Coat Tail."

He quickly took off his sunglasses and held out a hoof to shake.

"Love the mane, by the way." He gestured at himself. "I mean, black and grey can go with almost anything, but sometimes I wish I had a more interesting natural color."

Damn, I'm rambling. Have to stop doing that.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

Emerald Gaze.

@,

Emerald smiled and nodded appreciatively as the mare gave the formal, routine introduction. It was no wonder that she recognised the mare - they must have passed on hundreds of occasions if what she said was correct - and Emerald had no real reason to doubt what she had said.

'Huh, Greengrass? Didn't even realise that he had a daughter...'

"My pleasure." She noted. "Emerald Gaze - diplomat of Canterlot. It's a delight to finally speak with you Gardenia."

And it was! It was always good broadening social circles, and Gardenia was quite endearing in her ways. However this little trip went, at least it seemed that she would be in good company between the mares she had met already - not to mention the ponies that she hadn't gotten around to speaking with yet.

Of course, this begged the question of exactly why Blueblood had invited them - none of them so far had seemed submissive enough the bend to his will... some other ulterior motive perhaps?

@@Umbreon,

And as if intentionally timed to break her own line of thought, Fizzle mentioned something that seemed to 'click' in her mind.

"Sparx fireworks did you say dear?" She repeated. "An older brother, by any chance?"

Fizzle

@

Fizzle blinks at Emerald a couple times, it taking her a moment longer than it should have for her question to register.  Once it does the young mare's eyes seem to widen a bit before she nods.

"Yeah, his name's Ember.  Skinny and goofy, black coat, usually covered in soot, broken horn...  Why, do you know Emb?"  An expression somewhere between shock and disbelief crosses her face before asking "Don't tell me you've actually heard about him!?"  She couldn't believe this...  Surely Emerald was just asking to be polite!  There was no way her brother's wares were well known enough that someone from Canterlot would know about them.  And there was even less chance that she actually knew Ember...  He would get tongue tied just thinking about talking to someone as important and pretty as Emerald!  It had to just be that she was asking about it because not many ponies made fireworks...  But why would she specifically ask if he was older?

Fizzle props her chin up with a hoof as these thoughts go through her head, one of her ears flicking as a tiny, almost unnoticeable wisp of smoke curls up out of her horn.  "Er, sorry, guess I'm just a little caught off-guard to have someone actually talk about that, of course you don't know him.  I'm used to people ignoring or otherwise brushing off most of the times I mention what we do, guess I get a little flustered to have questions asked!"  She laughs at this point, briefly shutting her eyes as her smile quickly returns to her muzzle.

Emerald Gaze.

@@Umbreon,

Emerald chuckled lightly at the copious overreaction: waving a hoof gently to signal that there was no need to get over exited. The name seemed familiar, as had the description she had just received... and any opportunity to find common ground with the others was perfect in her eyes.

"Don't fret sweetie - my niece might have met him once, if I'm recalling her letter correctly." With a sudden grimace, she raised a hoof her her face for a moment. "Ugh... 'niece' makes me sound so old... she's my oldest sisters youngest - we're practically the same age."

She briefly wondered how Bubble might be doing these days - it had been a while since she had received any letters from either of the sisters. No doubt there were both perfectly fine but... well, one has to worry about family.

@@@Umbreon,

Gardenia giggled slightly at the exchange of the other two mares, and brought a hoof to her muzzle in an attempt to muffle it. She found Emerald's last statement and gesture to be particularly ingratiating. "Hmm, she seemed a bit intimidating at first glance, but she's actually quite down to earth. Kind of makes me wish I had talked to her sooner than just today."

Her little fit passed, and she brought her hoof back down. She still had a smile on her face, though. "My, there must be quite an age gap between you and your sister then, huh?"

(edited)

@@Evilshy,

'Coat tails?' She wondered if the name was ever mentioned to her before; but unfortunately, nothing came to her mind. Maybe the thought only crossed her mind because he looked so familiar. Whatever the reason, she continued to watch the stallion as he spoke and slowly shook his hoof when it was offered, 'A comment about my mane?'

Muddle turned her head slightly and looked at her reflection in the window. She never really could tell what was in style or looked... 'lovely?' But she was glad that someone seemed to like the way Carnation styled her hair. She softly grinned and said, "Thanks, and I guess as far colors go; black and gray are actually very..." She looked off, almost trying to remember the word. "Verstile?" 

'No wait, that's exactly what he already said!'

~

'That and you spelled versatile wrong...' Shadow had finally given up. It made itself comfortable in the bag and had started to get some sleep until they arrived. 'Wake me up when we get there~' 

~

She turned her attention back towards the stallion and decided to focus her thoughts on a simple question, before she could make another mistake. "What I mean to~ ask is, why wouldn't you think black and gray were interesting?"

Edited by Dreamless