Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Why are people obsessed with Frozen?

BreakingJesse

Honestly, I'm unsure myself. I didn't even know the movie had a fan base. I've yet to see it, but from the awards it's received, and whoever quoted that it was "the best movie since The Lion King", I'm guessing Frozen is one of Disney's best films of all time. Lately in society, Disney movies have gotten unusually popular, and I'm guessing the popularity of them combined with how good the movie was just overflowed, and now everyone is going crazy over it.

Honestly, I'm unsure myself. I didn't even know the movie had a fan base. I've yet to see it, but from the awards it's received, and whoever quoted that it was "the best movie since The Lion King", I'm guessing Frozen is one of Disney's best films of all time. Lately in society, Disney movies have gotten unusually popular, and I'm guessing the popularity of them combined with how good the movie was just overflowed, and now everyone is going crazy over it.

I think Tumblr has alot to do with it.

I think Tumblr has alot to do with it.

Well Tumblr does take every show/movie and obsesses over it to the max. Well I liked Frozen, my sister who uses Tumblr a lot was hyping for it so much and was in the Frozen fandom before the movie even released.

Frozen was alright I mean story and character wise, but I did go to see it just because my brother posted this and I fell in love with the animation and lyrics.

Seriously though if any movie needs a screaming horde of fans it's The LEGO Movie and I'd be leading the charge

This scene is my favorite scene because we are introduced to the most adorable like cat unicorn in existence!
  • Brohoof 2

I've been asking this question for awhile now, even more so after seeing the darn thing.

It really isn't anything spectacular. The most appealing elements of it are the characters and the visuals... and even then I feel like the movie tries too hard to make you feel for the characters and their situations. It really does yank the chain: "here, now you're supposed to laugh because it was such a cute and funny moment." 

"Aww, look at her suffer. Feel sad."

And their wide doe eyes... the characters really work those eyes the whole movie. Characters that have big innocent eyes gain the audience's empathy easier, and knowing that through the movie made me hyper-aware of the expressions the characters made to try and get the audience to be on their side and feel for them. It's kind of a small thing but, to me, this movie really seemed to force the whole emotion thing. In turn I didn't care much about what happened to any of them, even though I did appreciate them as characters.

And then... Olaf.

Just. Olaf.

HE SUCKS.

Sorry about the little rant. There ya go, there are my feelings. The plot was meh. The characters were good, but the emotions felt forced. And then Olaf shouldn't have been in the movie at all. They should have just used the horse exclusively as the "wacky sidekick character."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Seriously though if any movie needs a screaming horde of fans it's The LEGO Movie and I'd be leading the charge

This scene is my favorite scene because we are introduced to the most adorable like cat unicorn in existence!

Yes! I simply adored the Lego Movie!!

_1389128745.jpg

Edited by Judge Claude Frollo

Yes! I simply adored the Lego Movie!!

_1389128745.jpg

SPACESHIP!!!!!!!! SPACE SHIP!!!!!

After the movie my friend and I ran around screaming this for about 20 minutes.

It was the best Disney movie, and always will be in my opinion.

R.I.P lion king :(

You know I've never liked the Lion King...

I don't know why...

• Brohoof 1

You know I've never liked the Lion King... I don't know why...

Your childhood must have been terrible...

You poor, poor thing... 

• Brohoof 1

SPACESHIP!!!!!!!! SPACE SHIP!!!!!

After the movie my friend and I ran around screaming this for about 20 minutes.

You know I've never liked the Lion King...

I don't know why...

Yeah. Charlie Day was perfect for the role!

• Brohoof 1

Your childhood must have been terrible...

You poor, poor thing... 

Actually I just grew up with other things like the Iron Giant, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Godzilla, and other stuffs of the sort.

• Brohoof 1

Actually I just grew up with other things like the Iron Giant, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Godzilla, and other stuffs of the sort.

90s Pokemon was the best pokemon, the pokemon now in days are cool but there basickly scraps compared to the original.

Yu-Gi-Oh = meh

All of the others you mentioned are pretty good but, Lion King is just one of thous movies.

I remember watching it more times then I can remember. 

90s Pokemon was the best pokemon, the pokemon now in days are cool but there basickly scraps compared to the original.

Yu-Gi-Oh = meh

All of the others you mentioned are pretty good but, Lion King is just one of thous movies.

I remember watching it more times then I can remember. 

Everybody always praises the original 151 for being so creative... I was the kid who called B.S. even when they were the only Pokemon around. I've never had a nostalgia lens over Pokemon and my personal favorite Pokemon even comes from the 5th generation. Meet Scolipede the 8 foot tall killer centapede,

Scolipede.full.492133.jpg

much more original and creative than a rock with arms or a pile of slime.

Also what do you mean, meh? I sitll have my Yu-Gi-Oh card collection and they're awesome!

It's a decent animated movie with strong, gorgeous female leads(aka waifu material) and an amazing soundtrack, along with being one of the best and highest rated Disney films in years- I'd be surprised if there wasn't some sort of fanbase for it. ^_^

Still, I think it might be a tad bit overrated at times- it's certainly no Pixar movie imo, but it does have its merits I suppose. ;)

I think it's the fact that after so many years, Frozen showed that Disney is still capable of producing story,animation and music at the same level as back in the 2D animated days. Don't get me wrong, there have been LOTS of amazing Disney movies since then, but frozen was really like a refreshing modernized throwback to the original princess tales. Tangled was close, but Frozen wins in the music category and was better at pulling heartstrings (IMO).

Having all that said frozen is still only my second favourite Disney movie, as The Incredibles is too amazing. Cant wait for number 2!

People are obsessed with Frozen because it has great animation, great story, great acting, great characters, great music and it won 2 Oscars. At least, that's why I'm obsessed with it.

• Brohoof 1

The real question is why isn't everyone obsessed with it?

In all seriousness though there's several reasons. 

• The songs were catchy but original
  • The story had several relatable characters, connecting more people to the show
  • The plot was original (for Disney) but was still heartwarming
  • They used broadway actresses so the singing was about as great as it could be
  • Double the princesses

As for why Tangled didn't have as large of a response...

While Tangled was a fantastic movie and had great songs, none of them were empowering and bold (like let it go). The story of Rapunzel was also one people already knew so it was predictable, but they did a good job of changing it up. Frozen was completely original. 

• Brohoof 1

I haven't seen it yet but it looks and sounds pretty good.  Everyone really is obsessed with it.  I plan to watch it eventually.  I hear it's not following the trend of being a "traditional" Disney movie.  One of the themes is that a strong woman doesn't need a man to take care of her and that she can be independent and fend for herself.

I watched Frozen (pretty much against my own free will) with 4 of my friends who've watched it 50 times before and have insisted it was God's gift to Earth. I sat down, trying to forget how much the movie has been ruined for me by how much of the internet was saturated with it, trying WITH ALL MY HEART to give it a fair chance...But the entire movie was godawful; cliched, cringeworthy at parts, and the characters (if you really think about it) are complete carbon copies of pretty much anything ever made (the non-ice power sister and the love interest...Lea and Han Solo, anyone?). I did not smile, not. Even. Once. And that is this movie's greatest sin.

That unplanned pregnancy is going to need quite the clean-up. But it was either that or Despicable Me 2 for the Oscars, and DM2 sucked some heinous a$$.

I really am not trolling or anything.

I, as a movie lover, was insulted by the level it sometimes stooped for a cheap laugh or D'aww-worthy scene.

GG, can't wait for the next Disney movie to come out in another 2 years and for a fandom to develop over it.

It bewilders me how you've gotten so many brohoofs, on a post that feels like it was written in spite of the overratedness of the film, rather than being critical and formal as to why you believe the film wasn't as good. Godawful? Cringeworthy? Cliche? Carbon copies? Cheap laughs? Insulted? And then you act like a typical movie snob by saying "I, as a movie lover" (Wow I haven't seen that being said billions of times on the Frozen boards), and saying you can't wait for the next Disney film to get its fandom? You've made it blatantly obvious the main reason you dislike it is simply because of how you've been bombarded by it and how overrated it is, and then proceed to use those ridiculous reasons to back yourself up to make your rant seem more valid, despite lacking any logic in your post. Seems to me you're just a hipster. 

Lion king was still better!!

And Beauty and the Beast is the best. 

It bewilders me how you've gotten so many brohoofs, on a post that feels like it was written in spite of the overratedness of the film, rather than being critical and formal as to why you believe the film wasn't as good. Godawful? Cringeworthy? Cliche? Carbon copies? Cheap laughs? Insulted? And then you act like a typical movie snob by saying "I, as a movie lover" (Wow I haven't seen that being said billions of times on the Frozen boards), and saying you can't wait for the next Disney film to get its fandom? You've made it blatantly obvious the main reason you dislike it is simply because of how you've been bombarded by it and how overrated it is, and then proceed to use those ridiculous reasons to back yourself up to make your rant seem more valid, despite lacking any logic in your post. Seems to me you're just a hipster.

I could state why you're wrong...I could list, word for word why the movie is, in my humble opinion, garbo...and I can even tell you why the H word completely contradicts me as a person...

But you can just marinate on the fact that not everyone thinks the same as you.

That's not how you spell 'Hunchback of Notre Dame'! D:

Seriously, though, it's probably because of the music in general. Aside from the popular 'Let It Go', 'For The First Time In Forever' is a catchy song, 'Do You Want To Build A Snowman' is heartbreaking, etc.

Also, the movie has great animation, messages, dialogue, etc. The only thing wrong with it is that it sometimes it rushes itself a bit, but other than that, it's a damn good film. 

• Brohoof 1