Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kony 2012 Exposed

Lady Rarity Pony

My friends and I at school have been saying this from go. A particularly honorable mention to my boy Mr. Wobbels who totally knew more about how much of a scam it was as compared to everyone else and has been voicing it from the very beginning!

• Brohoof 1

They keep mentioning oil reserves. Canada has always had a wealthy oil and mineral cache, more so than many parts of the middle-east and Africa. Never hear about annexing Canada. Oh that's right, because we're wealthy, educated and united.

The chaotic and un-governed countires are easier prey, no? ;)

• Brohoof 4

I guess I'll watch it alter when I got more time, but it better not be one of these stupid, "They wasted all the money on paying the trips and wages of the people who went to africa to help, and making advertisment and such wich obviously has nothing to do with the campaing at all!"

They keep mentioning oil reserves. Canada has always had a wealthy oil and mineral cache, more so than many parts of the middle-east and Africa. Never hear about annexing Canada. Oh that's right, because we're wealthy, educated and united.

The chaotic and un-governed countires are easier prey, no? ;)

But We Canadains are so nice :(. (except Quebecians/Montrealers) I am just kidding of course ;).

• Brohoof 1

When I look at this video, it seems that its bashing America more then the people who are pulling the scam. The buck?

It's 'bashing' whoever is behind it, which happens to be America. If America is being as manipulative as the video says could be true, then by all means lets bash America.

I don't see why people get so defensive over a country. If the UK was doing this then by all means you should be bashing the UK. It's a country, a land mass.. get over it. As human beings we should be rallying against what is wrong, and if the American government is in the wrong then fuck them.

• Brohoof 2

It's 'bashing' whoever is behind it, which happens to be America. If America is being as manipulative as the video says could be true, then by all means lets bash America.

I don't see why people get so defensive over a country. If the UK was doing this then by all means you should be bashing the UK. It's a country, a land mass.. get over it. As human beings we should be rallying against what is wrong, and if the American government is in the wrong then fuck them.

He made it first sound like every american citizen. The government here is, and I will agree with, a piece of crap. Its not the government I'm defending, its the citizens I'm defending.

• Brohoof 1

He made it first sound like every american citizen. The government here is, and I will agree with, a piece of crap. Its not the government I'm defending, its the citizens I'm defending.

No he didn't? I couldn't see any mention towards the citizens, only the government. Perhaps you're being a bit over sensitive xD

No he didn't? I couldn't see any mention towards the citizens, only the government. Perhaps you're being a bit over sensitive xD

...I looked back at the video. Now I feel like an idiot. Though, I have seen other videos that involve this that do kinda bash U.S. citizens so that may be another reason why I acted like that.

I saw something similar to this.

This one explains how we cannot trust invisible children and some other stuff. Thank you for posting this video.

I myself have been to Africa when I volunteered for the EPCL (Equipping People ~ Changing Lives). It is true, that the governments there are nothing like what we term the 'Westernized World'. The standard of living in Africa is turmoil, and chaos reigns. That being said, I have seen both the Militaristic handling of the local populations and the government's handling. End conclusion? Yes they both suck. But, as I've been to Africa and seen first hand the handling of the populous and their standard of living, I find all this hoopla surrounding this campaign irritating to say the least. Kony and the Uganda Government have been broadcast over the years in news forums as the blackhearts they are. It really grates me that a facebook movement is what it took to get any attention shed on the problems that citizens in African states live in daily.

I find both Kony 2012 and this video to be propaganda based attacks. In criticizing the cause against Kony, the Uganda governments handling of the situation, AND the U.S. governments motives we're losing sight of the big picture. The big picture is there are people in Africa, and all over the world, who do not have adequate means of living and are prosecuted in their homes. I wish people would stop pointing fingers long enough, accusing one another of such lowness, and actually DO something about the poverty, hardships, and abuse these people face. I get it, I really do, that these videos are trying to shed light on trumped up causes and our governments entry into Uganda. I just wish the world wasn't so full of cynicism and bias information. Maybe that's the optimist in me, but dear god, stop accusing and stop abusing. At least Kony 2012 is a positive message, this video is just a bunch of blaming the American Government for the ills of the world.

I'll end on this note. One of my favorite instructors in college told me once, 'All information is bias.' If you question something, someone's motives, their very existence, then research, do your homework.

• Brohoof 2