Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Seekers (Pokemon RP)

Leafeon

@@Leafeon,@@Umbreon,@@Vaporeon

“Agh!”  Tiana cried out as her arm was twisted painfully backward, disarming her and allowing her to be apprehended by the enemy.  Well, that plan definitely just backfired completely.

Oh, and joyous of days, of all the people who could’ve possibly recognized Tiana, it just had to be the woman who she had just tried to Tase.  Tiana avoided eye contact with her, laughing nervously in response.  “Hehe, I don’t think so…I get that a lot, actually…”  There was no way she was going to give so much as a hint as to who she was; for all Tiana knew, this lady and her gang of crooks would kidnap her for ransom.

Just then, Riolu bounded into the air, evolving into Lucario and attempting to rescue Lurele.  Well, that was great and all, but Tiana was still all on her own.  She couldn't exactly reach any of her poke balls with a man standing behind her that held her by the wrists.

Edited by Sylveon

((This'll be my last post until later today. Cos easter and all.))

@@Leafeon

Cecil's eyes widened when he saw the qwilfish lower its altitude. "A-ha!

"Rogue! Attack the ground again with Revenge!" The croagunk nodded, "-gunk!", and lifted up its arms to slam the ground again. This time, however, the croagunk was incredibly annoyed by the pin missiles of the qwilfish, though they were not much more than a nuisance. She slammed the ground with a greater impact than last time, her revenge at full strength from the annoyance of the pin missiles.

The greater impact meant even more mud flung into the air, as well as some chunks of the floor.

Qwilfish was brought further down by the mud on it to the point it was basically on the ground. Roxie scoffed somewhat, then begun to laugh. "Ah! You're so funny!" She said, trying to keep her composure (and failing). "You act like something like that will do you any good! Jeez. Qwilfish, use Minimize again, please!" Qwilfish grew tinier, causing majority of the mud on it to fall off, thus giving it more altitude. "Annnnnnnnnd Pin Missile!" Qwilfish began to fire yet another barrage of arrows at Croagunk.

“Agh!”  Tiana cried out as her arm was twisted painfully backward, disarming her and allowing her to be apprehended by the enemy.  Well, that plan definitely just backfired completely.

Oh, and joyous of days, of all the people who could’ve possibly recognized Tiana, it just had to be the woman who she had just tried to Tase.  Tiana avoided eye contact with her, laughing nervously in response.  “Hehe, I don’t think so…I get that a lot, actually…”  There was no way she was going to give so much as a hint as to who she was; for all Tiana knew, this lady and her gang of crooks would kidnap her for ransom.

Just then, Riolu bounded into the air, evolving into Lucario and attempting to rescue Lurele.  Well, that was great and all, but Tiana was still all on her own.  She couldn't exactly reach any of her poke balls with a man standing behind her that held her by the wrists.

"Well, whatever. It doesn't really matter." The woman said, looking at the battle currently taking place. Her eyes then suddenly lit up, and she turned back to Tiana. "Oh yea! I forgot the formality!" The woman walked towards Tiana again, grinning at her cornily. She then grabbed Tiana's purse off of her, and searched through the contents inside, pulling out the two pokeballs containing both Purrl and Sasha. She then gave the purse back to Tiana. "Hopefully one of these are cool. I could use some new pokemon! But I guess I'll take them anyway." She then turned away from Tiana again, looking at what was happening with her Dragonair, and spinning one of Tiana's pokeballs on her index finger.

((Mobile post, can't color or mention or anything.))

"Ah-hnng!" Lurele's cry was cut short as the Dragonair wrapped around her, squirming ineffectually to try and make it stop crushing her.

"Ri-ri!" Her Riolu cried out as he saw Lurele in danger, the small Pokemon quickly darting forward. While he did want to help Tiana, she wasn't as important as his Lurele. The little fighting Pokemon slid underneath one of the cars to get closer to the battlefield.

It didnt matter to Riolu then that he was rushing head first into a battle with a dragon and potentially two legendary Pokemon... All he was focused on was trying to rescue his trainer that he'd spent the bulk if his life with. The little Riolu starts to glow white as he launches himself towards the Dragonair.

"LUCARIO!" As the fighting type lands on the dragon the evolution completes, the now-larger Lucario glaring defiantly at Dragonair as one of the spikes on the back of his hands begins to glow. The glowing spike would briefly extend forward into the shape of a pair of claws before Lucario attempts to thrust it into the Dragonair's coils to attempt and loosen its hold on Lurele.

((He's replaced Endure with Metal Claw))

Terrakion had been parrying Keldeo just long enough to note the fact Lurele had been captured by a Dragonair, presumably from one of the people who had suddenly appeared moments after Keldeo had. This was not concerning. The Dragonair most likely sought to remove her from the area of combat. So, Terrakion paid the events no heed. Then, suddenly, a Lucario appeared, most likely also owned by someone in grey. It then slashed at Dragonair, and from Terrakion's view, also the girl. Terrakion suddenly backed up, almost into Lurele and the two pokemon.

Lucario had been successful in loosening the binds of Dragonair's coils, to the point where Dragonair had slithered off of Lurele, looking distastefully at Lucario. Then something hit Lucario. The back two hooves of Terrakion, to be specific. Terrakion had hit Lucario with a super-effective Double Kick, as to knock it away from Lurele, who the legendary thought was being hurt by Lucario. It then proceeded to block Keldeo's attempts at attacks, though those seemed a bit weaker and slow for some odd reason.

@@Leafeon,

"Gah! You are a really annoying Gym Leader, you know that? What are you even hoping to accomplish?" Cecil said, losing his cool and letting his frustration show. The qwilfish was incredibly tiny now, "if only Rogue could hit it... at this point, its so small, that a single good smack could probably send it flying. Like a gnat. Just, I want to crush it like the annoying gnat it is."

"Rogue, just go for broke! Keep swinging at it, put your entire body into it! Just smack it with a vengeance!" Finally, the croagunk could agree with her trainer. All she wanted was to smack an enemy, and this entire gym battle has been nothing but a prolonged mud-slinging match. "Croa! Croa! Croa!" The pokemon said, wildly flinging its body and limbs to smack the qwilfish, using its(at this point) much larger body to try and overwhelm the pokemon.

@@Leafeon,

"Gah! You are a really annoying Gym Leader, you know that? What are you even hoping to accomplish?" Cecil said, losing his cool and letting his frustration show. The qwilfish was incredibly tiny now, "if only Rogue could hit it... at this point, its so small, that a single good smack could probably send it flying. Like a gnat. Just, I want to crush it like the annoying gnat it is."

"Rogue, just go for broke! Keep swinging at it, put your entire body into it! Just smack it with a vengeance!" Finally, the croagunk could agree with her trainer. All she wanted was to smack an enemy, and this entire gym battle has been nothing but a prolonged mud-slinging match. "Croa! Croa! Croa!" The pokemon said, wildly flinging its body and limbs to smack the qwilfish, using its(at this point) much larger body to try and overwhelm the pokemon.

((I feel like I should point out that Pin Missile is a physical move.))

Roxie was still having trouble keeping her composure, as Qwilfish easily moved out of the way of Croagunk. Just because the fish was smaller didn't mean it was slower, or weaker in any way. It was simply harder to hit. "Okay. You know what to do, Qwilfish!" Qwilfish began to fire yet more Pin Missiles at Croagunk, this time from it's side.

@@Leafeon,

"Damn... none of this is working! I'll try a different move, I guess..."

"Counter!" The croagunk responded to the qwilfish's pin missile assault, its arm glowing as it reached out to smack where it felt the pins coming from.

"Counter probably won't do all that much... it only deals double the damage taken, and considering pin missile does so little... I just want to land a hit at this point, though."

((Still mobile posting))

Lurele gasped to catch her breath as Dragonair's hold loosened, watching as events unfolded around her. Her eyes widened at the sight of Lucario, wondering where it had come from before seeing the familiar red scarf tied around his left arm.

"Rio..?" Picking herself back up, Lurele started taking in everything as quickly as she could. She saw the woman who had just taken Tiana's Pokeballs and her eyes widened. Familiar outfit, taking someone else's Pokemon... Stella's words came back to her.

'Based on the way he was dressed, a follower of Kyurum...'

Gritting her teeth as she gets back up, she glances at Terrakion who had been fighting to protect her. "Terrakion, you need to get out of here! Run! These people are bad! And... Thank you." After saying that she raced to her Lucario's side, helping him up.

"Rio, are you okay?" Lucario grunted in response as he stood upright, looking at Lurele with worry. Lurele grins at him and points at the woman who had taken Tiana's Pokemon... And her Dragonair. "Think you're up for a battle, bud? They nearly took you from me, we can't let them do the same to someone else!"

"Carrrr!" Lucario slams one of his fists into his other palm, and Lurele grins and points at the Dragonair. "Alright! Metal Claw!" Lucario starts rushing towards the dragon type, Lurele moving after him to try and get out of the crossfire between Terrakion and Keldeo. As Lucario got almost to Dragonair, Lurele called out a new command.

"Vacuum Wave on the woman!" "Car!" Suddenly Lucario would extend an arm past Dragonair to fire a rapidly moving wave of compressed air towards the woman who had taken Tiana's Pokemon, trying to make her drop the stolen Pokeballs if nothing else.

Furfrou was looked around with a dazed expression when its fangs only bit down on air, then was hit by the Confusion again, this time being thrown a bit further. It got up, and glared at Mara. "Alright, no use sulking, Furfrou. use Bite." Furfrou charged towards Mara, this time making sure it didn't teleport. 

Jacques could see two possible courses of action now: switch to Karel and take advantage of his resistance to bite, or try one last ditch effort to knock the Furfrou out with Confusion.  Though based on the amount of damage that Karel's only two attacking moves, Pound and Fake Out, had done, there was really only one option.  "Mara," he called out, somewhat reluctantly, "use Confusion!"  And I sincerely apologize if this doesn't work.

It all came down to two factors: who was faster, and whether or not this last Confusion could knock out the Furfrou.  The Bite most definitely take down his Kadabra, assuming that it connected.  Mara concentrated, then began condensing psychic energy to launch at the charging Furfrou.

@@Leafeon,

Sable's mouth hung open and her eyes grew big as soon as she saw this trainer. Oh how she hated him. She was ready to tell him off right now but between a sharp glare from Umbreon and the fact that she didn't really want to deal with it, she stopped herself. "Yes, I'm fine." She says coldly. "If you'll excuse me I have a gym badge to win." As Sable walks away she gives the man a slight nudge. Umbreon looks at the man for a bit, not having seen him since he was an Eevee. "Umbre." The Pokemon says before following his trainer. It seemed Umbreon was trying to apologize for the way Sable was acting.

@@Leafeon,@@Umbreon,@@Sylveon,

"Confusion, Espeon." Cilla said. Suddenly the man restraining Tiana was knocked aside, freeing her. "Now use Confusion once again. Get this woman's Pokeballs from that other trainer." Espeon did as such, grabbing on to Tiana's Pokeballs with Confusion and hopefully distracting the Kyurem follower long enough for Lucario's Vacuum Wave to hit.

@@Leafeon,

"Damn... none of this is working! I'll try a different move, I guess..."

"Counter!" The croagunk responded to the qwilfish's pin missile assault, its arm glowing as it reached out to smack where it felt the pins coming from.

"Counter probably won't do all that much... it only deals double the damage taken, and considering pin missile does so little... I just want to land a hit at this point, though."

Qwilfish was flung back by the Counter, which hit it with great precision. It took some time to re-adjust itself, but eventually managed to do so. "Huh. So that does double the damage, right? Alrighty! Wait until Croagunk makes a move then, Qwilfish?" Roxie said, and Qwilfish did absolutely nothing. She seemed perfectly content with dragging this battle out for as long as possible.

((Still mobile posting))

Lurele gasped to catch her breath as Dragonair's hold loosened, watching as events unfolded around her. Her eyes widened at the sight of Lucario, wondering where it had come from before seeing the familiar red scarf tied around his left arm.

"Rio..?" Picking herself back up, Lurele started taking in everything as quickly as she could. She saw the woman who had just taken Tiana's Pokeballs and her eyes widened. Familiar outfit, taking someone else's Pokemon... Stella's words came back to her.

'Based on the way he was dressed, a follower of Kyurum...'

Gritting her teeth as she gets back up, she glances at Terrakion who had been fighting to protect her. "Terrakion, you need to get out of here! Run! These people are bad! And... Thank you." After saying that she raced to her Lucario's side, helping him up.

"Rio, are you okay?" Lucario grunted in response as he stood upright, looking at Lurele with worry. Lurele grins at him and points at the woman who had taken Tiana's Pokemon... And her Dragonair. "Think you're up for a battle, bud? They nearly took you from me, we can't let them do the same to someone else!"

"Carrrr!" Lucario slams one of his fists into his other palm, and Lurele grins and points at the Dragonair. "Alright! Metal Claw!" Lucario starts rushing towards the dragon type, Lurele moving after him to try and get out of the crossfire between Terrakion and Keldeo. As Lucario got almost to Dragonair, Lurele called out a new command.

"Vacuum Wave on the woman!" "Car!" Suddenly Lucario would extend an arm past Dragonair to fire a rapidly moving wave of compressed air towards the woman who had taken Tiana's Pokemon, trying to make her drop the stolen Pokeballs if nothing else.

@@Leafeon,@@Umbreon,@@Sylveon,

"Confusion, Espeon." Cilla said. Suddenly the man restraining Tiana was knocked aside, freeing her. "Now use Confusion once again. Get this woman's Pokeballs from that other trainer." Espeon did as such, grabbing on to Tiana's Pokeballs with Confusion and hopefully distracting the Kyurem follower long enough for Lucario's Vacuum Wave to hit.

Terrakion merely grunted at Lurele's words, as it used it's horn to block another move from Keldeo. At this point, Keldeo was simply enraged. It continued to throw attacks at Terrakion. Terrakion was starting to look rather tired as well.

The woman didn't seem to notice the fact Tiana had been freed. The loud noises from the battle made it impossible to hear the grunt holding Tiana fall down. She did notice the pokeballs she had just acquired slowly slipped from her grasp. She reached out to grab them. "No! Come back!" She exclaimed, trying to grab them again. This action was interrupted by something getting caught in the corner of her eye. Lucario, to be specific. It was just about to attack her. She gasped loudly, and braced herself for the impact.

However, the impact never happened. Keldeo had stepped in front of the woman and used Quick Guard to block Lucario's attack. The woman looked completely dazed. She had not been suspecting that, and neither did any of the grunts, who had been rushing forward to save her. Terrakion used this moment to flee, running rather quickly in the rough direction of the ruins. Keldeo made no attempts to follow, simply remaining in the spot it had used Quick Guard in.

"Huh." The woman said in response to the actions of Keldeo. She didn't seem nearly as surprised as any of the other grunts. "Well that was a bit anti-climac-." She sounded like she was sulking, but her words were cut off by the screen she had been monitoring before suddenly flashing red and beeping loudly. She grit her teeth, and jumped onto the back of the truck it rested on. After a while of messing with it, the monitor suddenly shut off.

"Jeez. Well wasn't that a big bust?" The woman thought aloud, bringing a hand to her head. Keldeo looked around with a confused expression, before bounding off in a random direction.

Jacques could see two possible courses of action now: switch to Karel and take advantage of his resistance to bite, or try one last ditch effort to knock the Furfrou out with Confusion.  Though based on the amount of damage that Karel's only two attacking moves, Pound and Fake Out, had done, there was really only one option.  "Mara," he called out, somewhat reluctantly, "use Confusion!"  And I sincerely apologize if this doesn't work.

It all came down to two factors: who was faster, and whether or not this last Confusion could knock out the Furfrou.  The Bite most definitely take down his Kadabra, assuming that it connected.  Mara concentrated, then began condensing psychic energy to launch at the charging Furfrou.

Furfrou managed to bite down on Mara just before it was hit. Though the confusion managed to throw Furfrou back, causing it to pant loudly, it's Bite still hit. Hopefully that would tilt things in Furfrou's favor.

@@Leafeon,

Sable's mouth hung open and her eyes grew big as soon as she saw this trainer. Oh how she hated him. She was ready to tell him off right now but between a sharp glare from Umbreon and the fact that she didn't really want to deal with it, she stopped herself. "Yes, I'm fine." She says coldly. "If you'll excuse me I have a gym badge to win." As Sable walks away she gives the man a slight nudge. Umbreon looks at the man for a bit, not having seen him since he was an Eevee. "Umbre." The Pokemon says before following his trainer. It seemed Umbreon was trying to apologize for the way Sable was acting.

The trainer was rather confused by Sable's expression, followed by her words, to the point where he said nothing at all as she left. When Umbreon said something, the trainer smiled at it. "Oh! No need to worry! He said in a rather chipper voice. "I'm used to it anyway." Once Umbreon had left, following Sable, the trainer brought his attention to the Rhyhorn. "Well. I suppose we should go back to your trainer..."

When Sable arrived at the gym, someone was standing outside of it. They were wearing a completely black suit, with grey hair and eyes. He ran a hand through his hair when he noticed Sable. "You haven't seen a Rhyhorn about, have you?" He asked her.

@@Leafeon,

((just thought I'd mention that Counter isn't actually anymore accurate than revenge. In game terms, atleast))

"Really? That's your tactic? Not doing anything at all?" Cecil scoffed at the gym leader. "Well, then, why should I even bother with you right now? Rogue, come here." The croagunk turned to face its trainer, "croa?". "No, we're not forfeiting, don't be ridiculous. But if the leader isn't going to actively fight, then we might as well take a moment to figure something out." The croagunk bounded over toward its trainer, standing in front of him, but still in the battlefield.

Cecil knelt down, and put his hand up so as to whisper conspiratorially into his pokemon's ear. "Ay! You know that poison sting move you have?" The croagunk nodded. "Well, quite frankly, it's awful. You should just forget about it, learn something new." The croagunk glanced at its trainer, clearly offended. "What? Look, when Warden knew it, it was just plain awful. Seriously, it deals so little damage and hardly ever actually poisoned the enemy. Look, I know a move that you should try learning, it could really help us in situations like this." This caught the croagunk's attention and it listened attentively. "Look, all you gotta do is..." Cecil began detailing the basics of how to pull off this technique.

((so, Cecil is now attempting to teach his Croagunk Feint attack to replace Poison Sting. I'm not sure how long that should actually take, though. Mind If it has sufficient knowledge to pull it off my next post?))

@@Leafeon,@@Vaporeon,@@Umbreon

“No!!”  Tiana cried out, struggling to prevent the woman from taking her purse.  But alas her attempts were futile with a grunt holding her from behind.  She watched helplessly as the woman took out Sasha and Purrl’s poke balls, then throwing her purse back towards Tiana.  “Please, you can’t just take my Pokemon like that!  They mean too much to me,” She pleaded, attempting to appeal to the woman’s humanity.

Thankfully, an unseen force knocked aside the grunt restraining Tiana, and she quickly dashed forward to grab the fallen poke balls.  Doing so, however, put her close to the woman and therefore also in line with Lucario’s attack.  Before she could even flinch, Keldo had blocked the Vacuum Wave with Quick Guard, much to Tiana’s surprise.  As the legendary Pokemon seemed to come to its wits, Tiana noted that the machinery was malfunctioning simultaneously.  Her worries were confirmed once Keldeo eventually fled; indeed, these crooks had been controlling the poor thing with their machines this whole time.

Putting some distance between herself and the grunts, Tiana held the two poke balls at the ready.  “Sasha, Purrl, come on out!”  Tiana commanded, throwing the balls into the air and releasing both Pokemon.  They landed side by side on the sand, crouched and at the ready to pounce.  Sasha growled and bared her teeth, Purrl mimicking the canine Pokemon but with hissing instead.

“Okay, y’all have some explaining to do real quick, unless you want multiple canine teeth scars on your behinds,” Tiana threatened, dead serious and not exactly in the most merciful of moods.

"FURrrr..."  Sasha snarled for added affect, completely on board with Tiana’s idea.  All her trainer would need to do is issue the command and she'd have a considerable chunk bitten out of the lady’s leg in no time.

@@Vaporeon,@@Leafeon,@@Sylveon,

Lurele gave a small sigh of relief when Terrakion and Keldeo both fled, before grabbing her Lucario by the hand and running over to where Tiana and Cilla still were.  She shakes her head when Tiana sends out her Pokemon, grabbing the other girl by the hand and rushing to try and do the same to Cilla, letting go of her Lucario and trusting him to stay close behind her.

"Come on!"  Her mind was back in Virbank when the man with the Weavile had nearly stolen her Pokemon...  Something told her Stella wasn't going to show up again, and if these ones were as strong as he'd been, she didn't want to stick around to wait for it to happen again.  "Let's get out of here, before they try to take your Pokemon again!  We can hide out in the ruins while they're distracted!"  As she tried to convince the other trainers to flee her Lucario did the same for their Pokemon, barking out and gesturing in the general direction of the ruins.

@@Leafeon,

((just thought I'd mention that Counter isn't actually anymore accurate than revenge. In game terms, atleast))

"Really? That's your tactic? Not doing anything at all?" Cecil scoffed at the gym leader. "Well, then, why should I even bother with you right now? Rogue, come here." The croagunk turned to face its trainer, "croa?". "No, we're not forfeiting, don't be ridiculous. But if the leader isn't going to actively fight, then we might as well take a moment to figure something out." The croagunk bounded over toward its trainer, standing in front of him, but still in the battlefield.

Cecil knelt down, and put his hand up so as to whisper conspiratorially into his pokemon's ear. "Ay! You know that poison sting move you have?" The croagunk nodded. "Well, quite frankly, it's awful. You should just forget about it, learn something new." The croagunk glanced at its trainer, clearly offended. "What? Look, when Warden knew it, it was just plain awful. Seriously, it deals so little damage and hardly ever actually poisoned the enemy. Look, I know a move that you should try learning, it could really help us in situations like this." This caught the croagunk's attention and it listened attentively. "Look, all you gotta do is..." Cecil began detailing the basics of how to pull off this technique.

((so, Cecil is now attempting to teach his Croagunk Feint attack to replace Poison Sting. I'm not sure how long that should actually take, though. Mind If it has sufficient knowledge to pull it off my next post?))

((I am well aware. However, it's quite hard to move right after using an attack. So yea. Also, that's fine.))

Roxie sighed and covered her face. What was this trainer even doing? She had had her fill of waiting already regardless, so she would simply have to give Qwilfish it's next command. "Alright. Pin Missile!" Qwilfish fired the pin missiles at Croagunk once again.

@@Leafeon,@@Vaporeon,@@Umbreon

“No!!”  Tiana cried out, struggling to prevent the woman from taking her purse.  But alas her attempts were futile with a grunt holding her from behind.  She watched helplessly as the woman took out Sasha and Purrl’s poke balls, then throwing her purse back towards Tiana.  “Please, you can’t just take my Pokemon like that!  They mean too much to me,” She pleaded, attempting to appeal to the woman’s humanity.

Thankfully, an unseen force knocked aside the grunt restraining Tiana, and she quickly dashed forward to grab the fallen poke balls.  Doing so, however, put her close to the woman and therefore also in line with Lucario’s attack.  Before she could even flinch, Keldo had blocked the Vacuum Wave with Quick Guard, much to Tiana’s surprise.  As the legendary Pokemon seemed to come to its wits, Tiana noted that the machinery was malfunctioning simultaneously.  Her worries were confirmed once Keldeo eventually fled; indeed, these crooks had been controlling the poor thing with their machines this whole time.

Putting some distance between herself and the grunts, Tiana held the two poke balls at the ready.  “Sasha, Purrl, come on out!”  Tiana commanded, throwing the balls into the air and releasing both Pokemon.  They landed side by side on the sand, crouched and at the ready to pounce.  Sasha growled and bared her teeth, Purrl mimicking the canine Pokemon but with hissing instead.

“Okay, y’all have some explaining to do real quick, unless you want multiple canine teeth scars on your behinds,” Tiana threatened, dead serious and not exactly in the most merciful of moods.

"FURrrr..."  Sasha snarled for added affect, completely on board with Tiana’s idea.  All her trainer would need to do is issue the command and she'd have a considerable chunk bitten out of the lady’s leg in no time.

@@Vaporeon,@@Leafeon,@@Sylveon,

Lurele gave a small sigh of relief when Terrakion and Keldeo both fled, before grabbing her Lucario by the hand and running over to where Tiana and Cilla still were.  She shakes her head when Tiana sends out her Pokemon, grabbing the other girl by the hand and rushing to try and do the same to Cilla, letting go of her Lucario and trusting him to stay close behind her.

"Come on!"  Her mind was back in Virbank when the man with the Weavile had nearly stolen her Pokemon...  Something told her Stella wasn't going to show up again, and if these ones were as strong as he'd been, she didn't want to stick around to wait for it to happen again.  "Let's get out of here, before they try to take your Pokemon again!  We can hide out in the ruins while they're distracted!"  As she tried to convince the other trainers to flee her Lucario did the same for their Pokemon, barking out and gesturing in the general direction of the ruins.

The woman shook her head and giggled at Tiana's actions. How naive she was. She clearly didn't know she was surrounded. Either that, or she was overly confident in her abilities. The woman then climbed up to the tallest part of the truck she had been standing on, and shut the cover over the trunk with one of her feet, hiding the equipment. "Alright! Listen up! I gotta check on Keldeo, so I'm going to leave. In the mean time..." The woman pointed at Tiana, Cilla, and Lurele, who were now all quite close to each other. "You can kill these ones I guess. They could be a liability, after all!"

All of the other people around murmured something along the lines of "Yes, Pelonite.". Pelonite was most likely the woman's name. The woman then spoke out again, summoning another pokemon and returning Dragonair to it's own pokeball. "Alrighty Mandibuzz! Let's go!" She said, summoning the dark type, then jumping onto it's back. The Mandibuzz, surprisingly strong, began to fly at top speed in the direction Keldeo had gone. Before long, she was out of sight.

The other trainers about all begun to surround the three girls. Some of them pulled out pokeballs, about to summon pokemon. Though there weren't enough of them to completely surround the three, so a route to the ruins was still open.

@@Leafeon,

The pin missiles struck the croagunk from behind as Cecil was whispering to it. Again, it didn't do much beyond itch a little, but by this point there were several such itches and it was a real bother to the croagunk, though she'd never admit it.

Unfortunately, a stray pin stuck into the back of Cecil's hand, due to the proximity of him and his pokemon. "Ah!" He exclaimed, grasping hold of his pricked hand. "This! This is an outrage! Rogue! Go over there and smack it! Smack it good!" The croagunk nodded in understanding.

The croagunk bounded over to the qwilfish, and raised it's hand as if to smack it. However, rather then bringing it down to the qwilfish, it simply bent its elbow and rubbed the back of its neck, a disarming smile on its face. "Croa~"

"Gah! What are you doing, Rogue? I told you to hit it, not to be friendly to it!" The croagunk played along, turning it head back to its trainer, sticking out its tongue. It then scooped up some mud, and flung it at Cecil.

"Dammit, that wasn't part of the script!" he thought, as his clothes got all gunky. "I hate ad-libbers. Now I really have to change. Hell, I can hardly bear to wear this filth any longer!" He proceeded to strip off his shirt, revealing his torso in what he believed to be the epitome of physical condition. Of course, that was his inflated ego at work. In reality, it certainly was not statuesque porcelain perfection. Certainly not shabby, either, though. He flung his soiled clothes down to the ground. "Fine, whatever! Who even needs a dumb pokemon like you, why don't you just go hang out with your new prick of a friend?"

The croagunk turned back to the qwilfish, a silly smile on its face, "-gunk!~" It stepped forward, still with a friendly smile on its face, and its arms relaxed.

And then it smacked the qwilfish hard with a knee to the face.

Tiana’s eyes widened in horror as the woman, Pelonite, took off after Keldeo on her Mandibuzz.  Kill us…?”  She said aloud in disbelief.  Maybe challenging these guys wasn’t the brightest idea she’s ever had.

Just then, the Lucario girl grabbed her hand, doing the same with the Espeon girl.  Listening to Lurele’s plan, Tiana took off with the other girls in the general direction of the ruins, breaking free from the ring of grunts around them.  “Purrl, Sasha, hurry!  Run!”  Tiana called out over her shoulder.  Her Pokemon, now convinced by both Lucario and Tiana, gave up their intimidation tactic and instead chased after the three trainers in escape.  They now had the ruins in sight.

…Or so she first thought.  One moment Tiana was upright, her feet pounding on the sandy ground as they ran towards the ruins in the distance, and the next she was looking up at the sky and sliding down the sand of the steep duneside on her back.  “AaaaaeeeEEEEE!”  She screamed, looking down and noticing that the dune emptied out into a dark sea.  Scrambling did nothing but increase Tiana’s speed of descent and in a matter of moments she had been plunged into the salty desert water, flailing about in confusion.  She couldn’t even tell where the surface was, as opening her eyes stung like alcohol.

Edited by Sylveon

@@Sylveon,@@Leafeon,@@Umbreon,

Before Cilla could respond Lurele had grabbed onto Tiana and herself, the former of which started running away. With nothing else to do Cilla and Espeon followed the two girls towards the ruins. Suddenly Cilla heard Tiana scream, it seemed the girl had slipped and fell down a steep hill into a body of water. "Hey, do you think you can help her out? Somebody needs to make sure those grunts don't follow us." She says to Lurele. "Oh and cover your ears." With that Cilla ran back a bit and looked up at Swablu who was still resting on her head. "Swablu, use Sing on those grunts." Swablu gives a happy chirp and flies off Cilla's head near the Kyurem grunts before singing a lovely tune that would put anyone hearing it to sleep.

@@Leafeon,

Sable sighed and rolled her eyes at the man's question. "Yeah, it should be back there talking to the freak with the green hair." She said pointing behind her. "Can I enter the gym or is Lenora busy like all the others?" Sable asks sarcastically.

Furfrou managed to bite down on Mara just before it was hit. Though the confusion managed to throw Furfrou back, causing it to pant loudly, it's Bite still hit. Hopefully that would tilt things in Furfrou's favor.

Jacques winced as the Bite connected.  Confusion also appeared to hit, but that didn't help Mara.  As Furfrou was thrown back, the Kadabra fell backwards, pained and exhausted.  "It doesn't matter what you think," he said to the fainted pokemon, knowing that she would feel responsible for this, "you did well."  A red light enveloped her, and she was returned to her poke ball.  Moments later, Karel took her place, now looking somewhat revitalized.  The Regenerator ability was not a perfect solution to his hurts, but it was certainly helpful.

"Alright, new plan," he told the Mienfoo, "Fake Out, then Pound.  Lots, and lots of Pound.  Just keep going at it until you've brought it down!  Never strike the same place twice in a row, maneuver around and stay hard to hit, and only use Detect as a last resort.  Come on, we can do this!"  Jacques's main goal was to keep Karel from being hit at this point.  Even with Karel's natural resistance to Bite, Furfrou's thrice boosted attack made it so that Karel could maybe stand through a single hit and no more.  Plus, Headbutt would come back eventually (if it hadn't already), and a single hit from that would surely knock Karel out.  In truth, he didn't really expect this plan to work.  Detect would only work to a certain extent, and he had a feeling that the Furfrou was much faster than Karel.  Even so though, he had to try.

@@Leafeon,@@Sylveon,@@Vaporeon,  

"Ahhh-"  Lurele flails her arms as she starts to fall the same way Tiana had, before a firm grasp around her wrist pulls her back to the top of the dune.  Her Lucario had stopped her from falling, and was even now starting to drag her on towards the ruins.  She vaguely heard Cilla's words as Lucario continued dragging his trainer to safety, the now-evolved Pokemon much stronger than he'd been before and actually able to drag Lurele along behind him for once.

"I...  Rio...  But we should help..."  "Carr!"  Lurele spares a glance behind her as her Pokemon continues to race towards the ruins, and supposedly safety, dragging Lurele along behind him.  As far as the overly protective Pokemon was concerned, keeping Lurele safe was his priority...  The others could fend for themselves.  Lurele was the one who mattered to him.

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

The pin missiles struck the croagunk from behind as Cecil was whispering to it. Again, it didn't do much beyond itch a little, but by this point there were several such itches and it was a real bother to the croagunk, though she'd never admit it.

Unfortunately, a stray pin stuck into the back of Cecil's hand, due to the proximity of him and his pokemon. "Ah!" He exclaimed, grasping hold of his pricked hand. "This! This is an outrage! Rogue! Go over there and smack it! Smack it good!" The croagunk nodded in understanding.

The croagunk bounded over to the qwilfish, and raised it's hand as if to smack it. However, rather then bringing it down to the qwilfish, it simply bent its elbow and rubbed the back of its neck, a disarming smile on its face. "Croa~"

"Gah! What are you doing, Rogue? I told you to hit it, not to be friendly to it!" The croagunk played along, turning it head back to its trainer, sticking out its tongue. It then scooped up some mud, and flung it at Cecil.

"Dammit, that wasn't part of the script!" he thought, as his clothes got all gunky. "I hate ad-libbers. Now I really have to change. Hell, I can hardly bear to wear this filth any longer!" He proceeded to strip off his shirt, revealing his torso in what he believed to be the epitome of physical condition. Of course, that was his inflated ego at work. In reality, it certainly was not statuesque porcelain perfection. Certainly not shabby, either, though. He flung his soiled clothes down to the ground. "Fine, whatever! Who even needs a dumb pokemon like you, why don't you just go hang out with your new prick of a friend?"

The croagunk turned back to the qwilfish, a silly smile on its face, "-gunk!~" It stepped forward, still with a friendly smile on its face, and its arms relaxed.

And then it smacked the qwilfish hard with a knee to the face.

Both Qwilfish and Roxie had yet again portrayed a confused expression as Croagunk suddenly appeared friendly to Qwilfish. Not that either was buying it. "Qwilfish us-" Roxie began to command, just in time for Cecil to take off his shirt. She quickly covered her face, completely ignoring the battle at this point. It was only when Qwilfish made a cry in pain as it was kneed in the face did she acknowledge what was happening. Qwilfish was panting. One more hit, it'd be done. "Ah!" Roxie exclaimed, looking around nervously, before taking a deep breath to calm herself down. "Get ready, Qwilfish..."

Jacques winced as the Bite connected.  Confusion also appeared to hit, but that didn't help Mara.  As Furfrou was thrown back, the Kadabra fell backwards, pained and exhausted.  "It doesn't matter what you think," he said to the fainted pokemon, knowing that she would feel responsible for this, "you did well."  A red light enveloped her, and she was returned to her poke ball.  Moments later, Karel took her place, now looking somewhat revitalized.  The Regenerator ability was not a perfect solution to his hurts, but it was certainly helpful.

"Alright, new plan," he told the Mienfoo, "Fake Out, then Pound.  Lots, and lots of Pound.  Just keep going at it until you've brought it down!  Never strike the same place twice in a row, maneuver around and stay hard to hit, and only use Detect as a last resort.  Come on, we can do this!"  Jacques's main goal was to keep Karel from being hit at this point.  Even with Karel's natural resistance to Bite, Furfrou's thrice boosted attack made it so that Karel could maybe stand through a single hit and no more.  Plus, Headbutt would come back eventually (if it hadn't already), and a single hit from that would surely knock Karel out.  In truth, he didn't really expect this plan to work.  Detect would only work to a certain extent, and he had a feeling that the Furfrou was much faster than Karel.  Even so though, he had to try.

Fake out, of course, failed as Mienfoo had already been in the battle. Clearly this trainer didn't know how the move worked, and Cheren used this to his advantage. "Use Headbutt, Furfrou!" Cheren commanded his pokemon, who stared blankly at him, then getting hit by Pound multiple times. "Still too early, hm? My bad. Use Bite, then." Furfrou bit down on Mienfoo's arm, then attempted to throw it away. Thanks to the Fur Coat ability, Pound didn't hurt Furfrou too much.

Tiana’s eyes widened in horror as the woman, Pelonite, took off after Keldeo on her Mandibuzz.  Kill us…?”  She said aloud in disbelief.  Maybe challenging these guys wasn’t the brightest idea she’s ever had.

Just then, the Lucario girl grabbed her hand, doing the same with the Espeon girl.  Listening to Lurele’s plan, Tiana took off with the other girls in the general direction of the ruins, breaking free from the ring of grunts around them.  “Purrl, Sasha, hurry!  Run!”  Tiana called out over her shoulder.  Her Pokemon, now convinced by both Lucario and Tiana, gave up their intimidation tactic and instead chased after the three trainers in escape.  They now had the ruins in sight.

…Or so she first thought.  One moment Tiana was upright, her feet pounding on the sandy ground as they ran towards the ruins in the distance, and the next she was looking up at the sky and sliding down the sand of the steep duneside on her back.  “AaaaaeeeEEEEE!”  She screamed, looking down and noticing that the dune emptied out into a dark sea.  Scrambling did nothing but increase Tiana’s speed of descent and in a matter of moments she had been plunged into the salty desert water, flailing about in confusion.  She couldn’t even tell where the surface was, as opening her eyes stung like alcohol.

As Tiana fell into the salty water, one good thing had come out of it. There was minimal likelihood any of the grunts would pursuit her until the other two were dealt with. For all they knew, she had landed on the rock just beside the water, after all, as the commotion was too loud to hear the splash. However, Tiana also had the misfortune of possessing the chance to drown. The other two girls weren't helping her, after all.

Fortunately, something pushed her to the top of the water. When it was sure Tiana was fine and treading water at the surface of the ocean, it swam a few feet away just in case it needed to flee from the girl. "Alo?" The pink water type said in confusion.

@@Sylveon,@@Leafeon,@@Umbreon,

Before Cilla could respond Lurele had grabbed onto Tiana and herself, the former of which started running away. With nothing else to do Cilla and Espeon followed the two girls towards the ruins. Suddenly Cilla heard Tiana scream, it seemed the girl had slipped and fell down a steep hill into a body of water. "Hey, do you think you can help her out? Somebody needs to make sure those grunts don't follow us." She says to Lurele. "Oh and cover your ears." With that Cilla ran back a bit and looked up at Swablu who was still resting on her head. "Swablu, use Sing on those grunts." Swablu gives a happy chirp and flies off Cilla's head near the Kyurem grunts before singing a lovely tune that would put anyone hearing it to sleep.

@@Leafeon,@@Sylveon,@@Vaporeon,  

"Ahhh-"  Lurele flails her arms as she starts to fall the same way Tiana had, before a firm grasp around her wrist pulls her back to the top of the dune.  Her Lucario had stopped her from falling, and was even now starting to drag her on towards the ruins.  She vaguely heard Cilla's words as Lucario continued dragging his trainer to safety, the now-evolved Pokemon much stronger than he'd been before and actually able to drag Lurele along behind him for once.

"I...  Rio...  But we should help..."  "Carr!"  Lurele spares a glance behind her as her Pokemon continues to race towards the ruins, and supposedly safety, dragging Lurele along behind him.  As far as the overly protective Pokemon was concerned, keeping Lurele safe was his priority...  The others could fend for themselves.  Lurele was the one who mattered to him.

Quite a few grunts and their pokemon were to put to sleep before they could attack. Others appeared drowsy, but still able to summon their pokemon and command them to attack. A Seel and Snover charged at the Swablu in an attempt to silence it. Seel using Icy Wind to do so, and Snover using Grass Whistle.

A Murkrow seemed completely unaffected by Swablu's singing. It flew in front of Lucario, then used its wings to attack it.

@@Leafeon,

Sable sighed and rolled her eyes at the man's question. "Yeah, it should be back there talking to the freak with the green hair." She said pointing behind her. "Can I enter the gym or is Lenora busy like all the others?" Sable asks sarcastically.

The man rubbed the back of his head. "Green hair?" He asked. "You'd have to be more specific... And Lenora's out right now, I believe. You might want to try for the Trio badge."

Edited by Leafeon

@@Leafeon@@Sylveon,@@Vaporeon,

"Carr!"  Lucario let go of Lurele's wrist to bring his arms in front of him and cross them to try and fend off Murkrow's wing attack.  Before evolving the attack would have been much stronger against him, but now that he had a steel typing it offered him a measure of resistance to the flying Pokemon's attack.

"Rio, use Force Palm!"  "Lu!"  With Murkrow striking Lucario with its wings, that meant it was within range of a physical counterattack.  One of Lucario's hands starts to glow as he thrusts it towards Murkrow - and where Lucario's steel typing was offering it protection against the other Pokemon's attack, Murkrow's dark typing would hinder it against what would otherwise be an ineffective attack...

Sasha ran to the edge of the dune, being careful as to avoid sliding down into the sea like her owner did.  Barking in alarm, Sasha paced back and forth, her eyes never leaving the water’s surface.  “Fur, frou…”  She whimpered, a considerable amount of time having passed already since her trainer had disappeared below the surface.

Purrl also studied the water, however unlike Sasha she remained in one spot and did not make a sound.  A few seconds later and something out of the corner of her eye had captured her interest, and the Glameow was overjoyed to find a Murkrow flying through the air, this one aiming its attack at Lucario.  Pressing her gray body close to the ground, Purrl crept up close to where the battle had been initiated, until….

“…Nyarr!”  Purrl meowed, using her spring-like tail to spring into the air and pounce on the attacking Murkrow with a Fake Out, her goal to ground the Murkrow for an easier target.

~

Sputtering and gasping, Tiana coughed up the water in her lungs and inhaled deep, sweet breaths of air.  Somehow, she had been rushed from out of the water’s depths and back to the surface before she had drowned.  As she began to tread water Tiana said silent prayers of thanks to the Lord before looking around for her unknown savior.   Her eyes landed on the large pink fish a few feet away and her face immediately broke out into a warm smile.

“Why, hello there!" Tiana greeted the Pokemon, remaining where she was as not to frighten the creature.  “Thank you for saving me; I owe you my life.”  Looking around and back up towards the top of the sand dune, Tiana sighed.  “Well, it looks like I’m going to have to find a way back up there myself.”  She then began to swim for the shore, but noticed that it was rather a good distance away.  “I’m sorry, but would you mind giving me a hand?”  Tiana asked the pink Pokemon, gesturing towards the shore.

Edited by Sylveon

Fake out, of course, failed as Mienfoo had already been in the battle. Clearly this trainer didn't know how the move worked, and Cheren used this to his advantage. "Use Headbutt, Furfrou!" Cheren commanded his pokemon, who stared blankly at him, then getting hit by Pound multiple times. "Still too early, hm? My bad. Use Bite, then." Furfrou bit down on Mienfoo's arm, then attempted to throw it away. Thanks to the Fur Coat ability, Pound didn't hurt Furfrou too much.

((Curses, I thought Fake Out reset whenever you switched back in...  Oh well, my bad.))

Curse that blasted fur! Jacques thought.  That coat was absorbing hits like a sponge absorbed water!  How could he get around it?  Hit it where it doesn't have fur, was his immediate thought.  But where on earth did a Furfrou not have fur?  Then it hit him.  Right as the opponent's jaws came down on Karel's arm, Jacques blurted out, "Pound it on the nose!"

Karel squeaked in pain as teeth sunk into his arm.  Man, this Bite hurt!  However, he still got the command.  Furfrou was just beginning to toss him, which he used to his advantage.  As his weight swung around, Karel used his free arm to land a solid Pound on the Furfrou's nose just as the jaws were releasing him.

Edited by Antismurf9001

@@Leafeon

"Hmm?" Cecil uttered, eyeing the gym leader, as he clearly noticed her cover her face at the sight of his magnificent musculature. It seemed to have worked to his advantage. In fact, a lot of his actions as a trainer had successfully baffled and bewildered. He could only come to one conclusion.

"Of course! This! This is the ultimate synchronization of trainer and pokemon, locked in combat! The pokemon has always been the body, and the trainer the mind. But, now, I see! It's clear! The best method of combat, is for both pokemon and trainer to be both body and mind! I must take actions while dictating actions to my pokemon, who in turn carry out such actions and put their own twist. Yes, in such a manner, the opponent is left flabbergasted, stunned by our combo!"

"Now, Rogue, feint and finish this off!" He ordered, dramatically pointing, a grin on his face as he eyed the gym leader, and then gave a wink.

The croagunk bounded towards the qwilfish, jumped in the air- and then fell flat on its face, sliding beneath the qwilfish. "Huh? Rogue? Get up! I said to feint, not faint! Really, who even makes that kinda mistake?" The croagunk simply snoozed, a noticeable snot bubble being inflated and deflated as it did so, and it brought its arm down underneath its belly to scratch it.

"Gah, you're useless, I guess all those minor attacks add up, " Cecil turned to his other two pokemon, "now, which of you two is next?" Scout eagerly yelped "lithe!", and nearly bounded right onto the battlefield.

The croagunk then sprung up from its prone position, headbutting the qwilfish on the way up.

Cecil held out his hand to stop his growlithe, "nevermind then."

Edited by Aged Rain
  • Brohoof 1

@@Leafeon@@Sylveon,@@Vaporeon,

"Carr!"  Lucario let go of Lurele's wrist to bring his arms in front of him and cross them to try and fend off Murkrow's wing attack.  Before evolving the attack would have been much stronger against him, but now that he had a steel typing it offered him a measure of resistance to the flying Pokemon's attack.

"Rio, use Force Palm!"  "Lu!"  With Murkrow striking Lucario with its wings, that meant it was within range of a physical counterattack.  One of Lucario's hands starts to glow as he thrusts it towards Murkrow - and where Lucario's steel typing was offering it protection against the other Pokemon's attack, Murkrow's dark typing would hinder it against what would otherwise be an ineffective attack...

Sasha ran to the edge of the dune, being careful as to avoid sliding down into the sea like her owner did.  Barking in alarm, Sasha paced back and forth, her eyes never leaving the water’s surface.  “Fur, frou…”  She whimpered, a considerable amount of time having passed already since her trainer had disappeared below the surface.

Purrl also studied the water, however unlike Sasha she remained in one spot and did not make a sound.  A few seconds later and something out of the corner of her eye had captured her interest, and the Glameow was overjoyed to find a Murkrow flying through the air, this one aiming its attack at Lucario.  Pressing her gray body close to the ground, Purrl crept up close to where the battle had been initiated, until….

“…Nyarr!”  Purrl meowed, using her spring-like tail to spring into the air and pounce on the attacking Murkrow with a Fake Out, her goal to ground the Murkrow for an easier target.

Murkrow was hit by the Fake Out, then immediately hit by the Force Palm. Clearly not a very strong pokemon, it fainted just from being hit by the both of those attacks. As Murkrow had been the only other opposition keeping Lurele from her escape to the ruins.

- Desert Resort -

The Desert Resort had a very calm atmosphere. A Sandile growled at a rolled-up Sandshrew.Dwebble could be seen playing in the sand, as could a Maractus. An odd looking statue was placed near the entrance to the ruins, and a Cacnea fiddled with it.

Sputtering and gasping, Tiana coughed up the water in her lungs and inhaled deep, sweet breaths of air.  Somehow, she had been rushed from out of the water’s depths and back to the surface before she had drowned.  As she began to tread water Tiana said silent prayers of thanks to the Lord before looking around for her unknown savior.   Her eyes landed on the large pink fish a few feet away and her face immediately broke out into a warm smile.

“Why, hello there!" Tiana greeted the Pokemon, remaining where she was as not to frighten the creature.  “Thank you for saving me; I owe you my life.”  Looking around and back up towards the top of the sand dune, Tiana sighed.  “Well, it looks like I’m going to have to find a way back up there myself.”  She then began to swim for the shore, but noticed that it was rather a good distance away.  “I’m sorry, but would you mind giving me a hand?”  Tiana asked the pink Pokemon, gesturing towards the shore.

The Alomomola cautiously swum a bit closer towards Tiana, not sure if it should trust the trainer or not. It then swam under the water, disappearing for just enough time to make it seem like the pokemon had vanished. After a while, it came back up and under Tiana's arm, swimming her to shore.

((Curses, I thought Fake Out reset whenever you switched back in...  Oh well, my bad.))

Curse that blasted fur! Jacques thought.  That coat was absorbing hits like a sponge absorbed water!  How could he get around it?  Hit it where it doesn't have fur, was his immediate thought.  But where on earth did a Furfrou not have fur?  Then it hit him.  Right as the opponent's jaws came down on Karel's arm, Jacques blurted out, "Pound it on the nose!"

Karel squeaked in pain as teeth sunk into his arm.  Man, this Bite hurt!  However, he still got the command.  Furfrou was just beginning to toss him, which he used to his advantage.  As his weight swung around, Karel used his free arm to land a solid Pound on the Furfrou's nose just as the jaws were releasing him.

The pound on the nose, though not the most effective place to hit, caused Furfrou to stumble back. It then collapsed. "Furfrou is unable to battle!" The referee shouted, as Furfrou was returned to it's pokeball. 

"Alright then. Deerling, let's go." Cheren said, summoning his last pokemon. A pink deer-pokemon looked around sleepily. "Use Grass Whistle." Deerling began to whistle, as Cheren covered his ears. The move would hopefully make any hearers of the tune fall asleep.

@@Leafeon

"Hmm?" Cecil uttered, eyeing the gym leader, as he clearly noticed her cover her face at the sight of his magnificent musculature. It seemed to have worked to his advantage. In fact, a lot of his actions as a trainer had successfully baffled and bewildered. He could only come to one conclusion.

"Of course! This! This is the ultimate synchronization of trainer and pokemon, locked in combat! The pokemon has always been the body, and the trainer the mind. But, now, I see! It's clear! The best method of combat, is for both pokemon and trainer to be both body and mind! I must take actions while dictating actions to my pokemon, who in turn carry out such actions and put their own twist. Yes, in such a manner, the opponent is left flabbergasted, stunned by our combo!"

"Now, Rogue, feint and finish this off!" He ordered, dramatically pointing, a grin on his face as he eyed the gym leader, and then gave a wink.

The croagunk bounded towards the qwilfish, jumped in the air- and then fell flat on its face, sliding beneath the qwilfish. "Huh? Rogue? Get up! I said to feint, not faint! Really, who even makes that kinda mistake?" The croagunk simply snoozed, a noticeable snot bubble being inflated and deflated as it did so, and it brought its arm down underneath its belly to scratch it.

"Gah, you're useless, I guess those all those minor attacks add up, " Cecil turned to his other two pokemon, "now, which of you two is next?" Scout eagerly yelped "lithe!", and nearly bounded right onto the battlefield.

The croagunk then sprung up from its prone position, headbutting the qwilfish on the way up.

Cecil held out his hand to stop his growlithe, "nevermind then."

This time, Qwilfish would not fall prey to Croagunk's antics yet again. It began to cloak itself in a bright blue light. When it was hit by Feint Attack, it almost instantly fainted. As it did, Croagunk began to glow in a blue light.

((Qwilfish used Destiny Bond.))

@@Leafeon,

The croagunk fell back down upon hitting the qwilfish, this time actually fainted.

"Ah, darn." Cecil uttered, "I was hoping to keep all my pokemon in good condition through this battle. Oh well, you did great Rogue, I'll get you healed up soon." He unclipped the croagunk's pokeball from his belt and returned it to safety.

Cecil clapped his hands, "alright! Now, you two!" Cecil turned to face his remaining pokemon, "I know you're eager Scout, but let's send in Warden, alright?" The two pokemon nodded their heads. The sandslash had just finished scraping off the silk off its back, and was ready for action.

"Slash!" The sandslash rolled onto the battlefield, uncurled, and flourished its claws.

"Dig, now!" Cecil commanded, not even waiting to see what pokemon Roxie would send out.