Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Annoying/Super Cool Co-Workers... Tell me about them!

D1SC0RD

Hi there, employed people! You probably have co-workers. Sometimes they can be helpful, other times they are anything but. 

I generally have excellent things to say about my co-workers but ugh no body ever trades shifts with me!

I work eight hours on saturday and I asked this girl to take my shift. In exchange, I'd work TWO of hers, giving her a nice streak of a four day vacation. Not only that, but I was negotiating with the manager to let her only work four hours instead of the eight if she agreed to trade with me.  :D  Sounds like a good deal right?

Of course she said no.  >_>  And I can't ask anyone else because she's the only other person in my department who doesn't work that day.

Fackin co-workers. Tell me your guys' positive/negative experiences.

I'm not going to reveal where I work, but there's this one old coworker of mine that used to spend his paycheques on drinking Thursday evenings. We needed to get the place all cleaned up for an event; there was a health inspector coming in to check that everything was in ship shape and we wanted it to look good.

I'm mopping away in a section already cleaned up and I glance over, he's almost completely supported by the broom. If I had kicked it from under him, he would have just flopped on the floor. I had some mercy though, more than my boss anyway; I took him off the broom and let him work on something else.

Where do I start?

Since I'm still working at Starbucks, I've had my fair share of helpful co-workers and co-workers that I have an intense grudge with. I wanted to help one of my friends who had an eight hour shift that started in the morning but instead my friend poured hot coffee on my face.

I guess being helpful has some cons.

Well at my old job I had this one coworker who was kind of the worst. Even though we were working in a factory he was kind of a pretty boy, which is fine I don't care how you want your appearance to be, but when it bleeds into your work it's kind of annoying. He would work insanely slow, when he worked, no matter what he was doing he'd try to sit down, one of my bosses had to actually remove chairs from around him. The worst is he couldn't really get fired because he got the job from a higher up. It annoyed the hell out of me.

• Brohoof 1

I tend to have to stand next to a man who does not bathe for probably days that reeks so bad I start having headaches....

I work in a factory though, so I guess it's expected of some people... 

I work my ass off getting probably 200 parts extra than any of the other people minus maybe one or two... and they have the audacity to say "I work as fast as the machine" when I can make that much more than them and they refuse to move their arms a little faster or take one less step because to them it's more comfortable.

don't get me going about second shift... OMGGGGG

but there are cool people too, we always have a good laugh until the supervisor comes and breaks us up lol. 

• Brohoof 1

I work as a dairy clerk/backup checker at a grocery store (I won't say which one) and I like and respect most of my coworkers and have a good reputation there but that dosen't mean I haven't run into the occasional one I had to restrain myself from shoving my fist down their throat of course I will get to them in a minute. I trained this one former coworker to be 1st dairy clerk after the previous one transferred to another store in the district, I could have been 1st but didn't want to be and probably couldn't handle the amount of hours due to my bad knee. He started out slightly immature and cocky but was a hard worker and a good guy to talk to, over a short amount of time he still maintained his sense of humor but matured greatly and became a very accomplished 1st dairy clerk.

He left after getting his class A license and getting a job as a trucker for Coke, he delivers throughout the county and last I talked to him is happy with his new job. The former night crew manager is a pretty cool guy, he got the job done and was a capable leader but also was easy to talk to and we had quite a few conversations about video games during my brief stint on night crew. The lady that trained me in bread was a friend of my Dads, always had my back and was someone I could confide in if necessary.

Now onto the not so great ones.

There is this one checker I used to work with that could smile no matter what, you could tell him the most disturbing and depressing thing ever and it wouldn't affect him in the slightest, he kind of reminds me of this one character in Avatar The Last Airbender named Joo Dee.

Joo_Dee.png

To his credit he wasn't nearly as creepy as Joo Dee, but it still freaked me the hell out and made him seem rather phony and while I can understand a certain degree of BS being necessary to work in customer service I just never understood how he was always able to keep that up. One of the night checkers would sometimes fill the milk when he had some time which was great but what he had a nasty habit of is he would throw the milk crates all over the floor which would not only create a mess I often had to clean up the next morning but would also create a safety hazard (I can't even begin to tell you how many times I almost tripped over the damn things). When I found out it was him I had a bit of a chat with him where I said in no uncertain terms to cut that shit out. 

Hi there, employed people! You probably have co-workers. Sometimes they can be helpful, other times they are anything but.

I generally have excellent things to say about my co-workers but ugh no body ever trades shifts with me!

I work eight hours on saturday and I asked this girl to take my shift. In exchange, I'd work TWO of hers, giving her a nice streak of a four day vacation. Not only that, but I was negotiating with the manager to let her only work four hours instead of the eight if she agreed to trade with me. :D Sounds like a good deal right?

Of course she said no. >_> And I can't ask anyone else because she's the only other person in my department who doesn't work that day.

Fackin co-workers. Tell me your guys' positive/negative experiences.

I wouldn't let you take my hours, either. I need all the money I can get. A lot of people would agree with me. Work may not be fun, but I'd rather have more work and more money than less work and less money.

idk if this counts but on my youtube group channel theres my brother that complains a lot and is annoying and jack Morrissey (frozen Pegasus) and hes the best partner you can ask for

I wouldn't let you take my hours, either. I need all the money I can get. A lot of people would agree with me. Work may not be fun, but I'd rather have more work and more money than less work and less money.

The hours were the same quantity and we are commission based. There is more money is saturdays than any given weekday so it isn't like I am trying to screw her over. It was just a matter of two 4h shifts VS one 8h shift.

• Brohoof 1