Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How I Became a Fan of MLP: FIM

Champion RD92

So, I basically wrote this giant post in another thread talking about how I found out about the show and became a brony, so I decided I might as well make a thread about it lol.

So here is my story:

I first heard of the show in October 2011 when my friend told me about a funny video (youtube poop) of MLP:FIM. I watched the video and from what I could tell, the show looked pretty decent. I noticed that the animation looked really good and that the characters seemed to have well-developed personalities.

I found out about the fan base when I happened to see a conversation on youtube comments (possibly on that same video, I don't really remember) talking about its popularity amongst guys, and I thought "huh that's weird...." Basically these 2 guys were arguing and one was saying like "why do guys watch this wtf" and the other guy said "it's a great show and you can watch full episodes on youtube and i recommend it cause it has great animation, great characters, etc). I admit, I was skeptical about the show because I recalled MLP just being girly pony toys. I wasn't quite sure what could possibly be so great about a MLP show...

So the next day I decided to watch it out of boredom and curiosity. I thought the first two episodes were pretty decent, albeit somewhat cheesy and cliche. I also found the theme song and Pinkie's song in the 2nd episode to be kind of annoying (However, I love all the songs in the show now, the songs really grew on me once I became a huge fan). I wasn't extremely impressed with the show but it was definitely better than I expected and I watched another episode (The Ticket Master) just for the heck of it, and I loved it!!! I really loved the personalities of the characters (especially the mane 6). I kept watching and the next thing I knew, I was watching all of the first season. So I told my friend who had shown me the aforementioned video that the show is actually pretty good and he should check it out. So he watched it and he really liked it too.

So by the time I was done with the first season, I was like completely hooked on the show. A couple months later, in December, I came across these forums and I signed up, and now I'm truly part of the brony community. I also told my friend (His username is Little Miss Fluttershy, I'm sure a lot of you know him) to join the forums and so now here I am 3 months later.

I'm really enjoying the community here on MLP Forums and I am soooo glad I found this show because it's given me something to really look forward to every week, and I love spending time on the forums.

Thanks to all the members of MLP forums that make this great community possible :)

• Brohoof 5

Nobody really knows me on here........but thanks for introducing me to this show man! (:

Idk, I thought you were decently popular on here, but anyway, no problem :P

Although, technically, if you hadn't told me about that stupid youtube poop, I wouldn't have even heard of the show lol XD

Idk, I thought you were decently popular on here, but anyway, no problem :P

Although, technically, if you hadn't told me about that stupid youtube poop, I wouldn't have even heard of the show lol XD

Nah I'm a nobody on here man. Nobody enjoys my company besides you. And hey, that youtube poop was funny! :3 Wait which one was it?

The stupid Will Smith one...

Wait... A Will Smith MLP YTP!? What is this blasphemy? I must watch!

It's pretty cool that a YTP eventually brought about both of you guys becoming fans though, shows the power of random lulz :P I was pretty much the same way with the pilot episodes as well. Thought "meh the shows ok', but I had to give it credit for being as good as it was, then by the 3rd ep I was hookd. Glad you're havin a good time here on the forums man and keep up the good artwork :)

(edited)

Wait... A Will Smith MLP YTP!? What is this blasphemy? I must watch!

Trust me, there are wayyyy funnier MLP YTPs than the one I was talking about. Look up the channel "Dikekike". His MLP YTPs are some of the funniest videos I have ever seen. In fact, I will link one to you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpKShm1BLBw

Glad you're havin a good time here on the forums man and keep up the good artwork :)

Thanks a lot dude :)

Edited by RainbowDash92
  • Brohoof 1

Look up the channel "Dikekike". His MLP YTPs are some of the funniest videos I have ever seen. In fact, I will link one to you:

Haha, yeah I've seen some of his stuff before, this ones always a classic xD

Thanks a lot dude :)

Yeah np dude :P

Edited by 83awsm

Saw the stuff on the Interwebz.

Decided to watch just one episode.

Ended up watching all of Season One in one day and OMIGAWD I'M SORRY BUT THERE WAS JUST A ME3 TRAILER.

*easily distracted*

ANYWAYS. I started watching right after epi two of Season Two...not long ago at all! But I can quote episodes as well as any fan...which I am, I suppose XD

(edited)

So I am not the only one who found this show because of Dikekike? Glad to have seen that he has influenced some new fans, myself included.

Also, this is my first post on the website so Hi!

Actually it wasn't a Dikekike video that introduced me to the show, but I started watching Dikekike's MLP YTP videos after I became a fan of the show

Also, your name/avatar is hilarious!!

Edited by RainbowDash92

Actually it wasn't a Dikekike video that introduced me to the show, but I started watching Dikekike's MLP YTP videos after I became a fan of the show

Also, your name/avatar is hilarious!!

Thank You. Most people I talk to don't know Tommy Wiseau or MLP, so finding someone who knows/likes both is rare!

Thank You. Most people I talk to don't know Tommy Wiseau or MLP, so finding someone who knows/likes both is rare!

Well I know about the movie "The Room" because my friend introduced me to Nostalgia Critic, who reviewed the movie.

"Oh Hai Mark!"