Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark magic in MLP fan club

Gatekeeper Giggle

Well, as I am one of the few BIG TIME Sombra fans, as well as Grogar, then I think I belong here. Love some dark magic. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Dark magic for everyone!

dark_magic_ponies_by_raggyrabbit94-d7o4u

My head canon still contends that Sombra made the alicorn amulet, and could be behind the curse that hit Rarity as well. Come to think of it, didn't Twilight use some dark magic on that liquid in the S4 premier?

• Brohoof 8

Dark magic for everyone!

img-3154024-1-dark_magic_ponies_by_raggy

My head canon still contends that Sombra made the alicorn amulet, and could be behind the curse that hit Rarity as well. Come to think of it, didn't Twilight use some dark magic on that liquid in the S4 premier?

Even if we rarely saw him, we still saw all his effects on the environment, and they seemed to indicate he certainly had enough raw magic to do such.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 3

I join this just because Sombra had Great Flaming Eyebrows, a feature that also is in one of my favourite villains of all time, the Shapeshifting master of Darkness, Aku, from Samurai Jack.

• Brohoof 4

I'm in. Darkness is something i like alot, especially Necromancy and the likes.

Oh yes! I'm a huge fan of necromancy! Especially when it lead to Zombie ponies!

minor zombie related gore in spoiler; thou hast been warned

My_little_ZOMBIE_Pony__OOak_by_Undead_Ar

zombie_pony__commission__by_pixiemeat96-

• Brohoof 1

Oh yes! I'm a huge fan of necromancy! Especially when it lead to Zombie ponies! minor zombie related gore in spoiler; thou hast been warned Spoiler

Aww, that was adorable! I especially liked the way she was nibbling on that eyeball! So cute! 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I've been interested in the concept of dark magic. It was sadly only lightly touched in places. The good thing about that though, is that we can speculate what the true effects of Dark Magic can do besides the obvious corruption effect if you're weak willed. The environment change thing seems like a high level dark magic which would come from ages of practice and control over excessive raw magic. I actually created my character Violia around the premise of Dark Magic. Same with Lord Xanthis and Misty. From what it seems, there are many levels of dark magic as there are the lighter kinds, maybe even more.

IRL I actually have been lightly studying real magic, particularly in the lines of Wiccanisum, a very peaceful and largely misunderstood art. I, in some way, fancy myself a amateur demonologist. Also I look into the ancient dark arts, not to exactly to cast but to have knowledge of incase I run into it one day.

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer
  • Brohoof 1

Admitably, it seems Sunset has tapped into a level of dark magic potential but not to the level of King Sombra. As I said though, dark magic is only lightly touched on in places. There are very few examples of what dark magic can do. Though those gifs do prove my point about there being many levels of Dark Magic. No level of Dark Magics are the same.

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer

Admitably, it seems Sunset has tapped into a level of dark magic potential but not to the level of King Sombra. As I said though, dark magic is only lightly touched on in places. There are very few example of what dark magic can do.

Sombra may know more, but he's far and beyond the weaker of the two

Sombra may know more, but he's far and beyond the weaker of the two

Sombra maybe weaker due to age. Being sealed away will do that to you. In Sunset's case, she seems to be more powerful in the aspect of causing chaos. It's obvious she doesn't give two shits to whom she hurts, but that does make her a good villain. If anything, her time with dark magic has allowed her to alter her form into something that in a better lack of words, would be considered demonic.