Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia Fan Club

DND

I internally chuckled when half of the posters on the first page had Luna avatars.

But yeah, Celestia! Under-rated, misjudged, and generally ridiculed by the fandom. What's up with that, anyhow? While I enjoy me some Molestia and light Trollestia every now and again (the whole Philomena episode was the perfect amount), Tyrant Celstia just ain't right. Some people just need to learn how to divide the fanon/their headcanon from the actual show.

She's kind, graceful, and motherly. She's like Yoda in pretty pony princess form. She's perfect for being a ruler, and yet makes enough mistakes to not be a complete Mary-Sue. All around, a great character, who deserves to have her own episode - explore her day-to-day, or her past a bit.

Have a wallpaper:

attachicon.gifcelestia_wallpaper_by_genjilim-d617bmi.jpg

Oh gosh, I know right? Princess Luna fans come here talking about Celestia? XD

But, anyways, even though I love Luna, Celestia is my second favorite character, and I draw just as much as Luna. I love to portray her younger self, and make up stories about the sister ponies, and I love the Celesti-Cord shipping too. Have you guys read Discordantly?

Here's my favorite young celestia portrayal. Look at her angel-cuteness! <3 :wub:  jsdsjdhsdjh-

a_diferent__celestia_by_csimadmax-d4cek6

I think she has so much potential, and it really hurts me to see a character I love so dearly so hated. :/

• Brohoof 6

celestia_vs__chrysalis_by_karzahnii-d6c0

showdown_at_tartarus_by_gsphere-d6bkqfy.

sunrise_by_lustrous_dreams-d6budhe.png

Just for Celestia! I think that she does deserve a lot of love for being a pretty generous princess, even if she is a bit lenient. But oh well, we love you Celestia!

• Brohoof 8

I iz back with some christmas  Hearth's Warming Celestia:

post-11300-0-49607300-1376023393_thumb.png

I also find this image to be humorous, if not a teensy bit morbid:

post-11300-0-06263400-1376023474.png

It's the sort of thing where if Twilight were watching Celestia pull the scroll out and say that, she'd like...break. Then, Celestia would say, "Gotcha!"

post-11300-0-49607300-1376023393_thumb.png

post-11300-0-06263400-1376023474.png

Edited by HandMan
  • Brohoof 2

Well, Celestia is my favorite pony by far, as I proudly display in my signature (At the moment, but if you're reading this in some dystopian future where Washing Machines have risen against and enslaved mankind it might not display properly) and well she's just so beautiful and majestic.

img-1731953-1-tcISTmn.jpg

gvKOYBb.png

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 5

It's the sort of thing where if Twilight were watching Celestia pull the scroll out and say that, she'd like...break. Then, Celestia would say, "Gotcha!"

And then Twilight would chuckle nervously at her mentor's dark sense of humor while rubbing one leg with her hoof. :P

Also, Celestia playing a guitar. You just can't compete with that.

100054%20-%20celestia%20bass%20artist%3A

• Brohoof 5

Well its nice to see this! I for one love Celestia the most out of all the ponies, not saying I don't love the others or anything but Celestia is number 1. There many not be as many fans of Celestia but ah that's ok she is still epic and the best princess..

post-16621-0-82378800-1376338829_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 6

• 1 month later...

Alas poor Celestia, we hardly know ye, while Luna has an episode and more story development, Celestia has yet to meet the story arc of her sister. Not only is she neglected by the show, but by bronies too for the most part. I say season four must have a Celestia episode, for it can be argued that maybe she has been kept out of the series because, of the build up by keeping Celestia a mystery, the pay off we may possibly see is how she became princess, and see how Luna's role fits too. As a result, Celestia has largely been misunderstood, sometimes called a tyrant, and underrated, often expressed as superfluous, more of a background character than the actual background characters, furthermore she has a lukewarm reputation. Princess Celestia is a ruler of nation, not an easy task, anyone who has ever played Empire Total War would know that is hard work, and teaching Twilight Sparkle magic and provide her tasks in order to learn the job of being a princess, finally she balances the aspirations of all of the various ponies and non ponies on the land, so I give credit where credit is due, Princess Celestia you have a fan in me, and I hope your reputation would finally shine through the lacklustre. 

Edited by King Edward
  • Brohoof 5

Well Nicole Oliver actually came to our brony meetup here in Halifax. She's really nice. Celestia's cool, but I think she's cooler though now after I've had a chance to meet the woman behind her.

• Brohoof 5

Well Nicole Oliver actually came to our brony meetup here in Halifax. She's really nice. Celestia's cool, but I think she's cooler though now after I've had a chance to meet the woman behind her.

That sounds awesome and I'm really jealous of you right now. I have always wanted to meet one of the voice actors, but never been to any meet ups or the like. Lucky you :(

• Brohoof 1

One of the nicest characters on the show, and one of my favorite princesses too! I just don't understand why she is always considered as a troll or sometimes a tyrant is what I hear. Celestia is so kind and is always loyal to her subjects(even her sister, which is sweet). She is also beautiful and really mysterious, which is what I like about her character. She needs more appreciation! smile.png

princess-celestia-gala-gown-my-little-po

Original pic not by me btw.

Edited by Lunar
  • Brohoof 6

• 1 month later...

I internally chuckled when half of the posters on the first page had Luna avatars.

Guilty as charged, lol! 

I really like Celestia. I think she's warm and caring, clearly loves her subjects, student and sister, and wants to do what is right for everypony. I also love that she is shown to have a sense of humour, and that she's not flawless; it makes her more believable.

Not to mention the animation of her - she's so beautiful and regal.

And really, who wouldn't love little tiny filly Celestia?

2dtxhqu.png

Edited by LunasSubject
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

id like to address a huge fandom peice that everyone goes on about,  the war between princess celestia and luna, why?   why cant celestia be sad instead of cruel? im a huge fan of celestia, so it might just be my fanaticism talking but can somone explain?

post-23980-0-67042300-1391520378.jpg

• Brohoof 1

id like to address a huge fandom peice that everyone goes on about,  the war between princess celestia and luna, why?   why cant celestia be sad instead of cruel? im a huge fan of celestia, so it might just be my fanaticism talking but can somone explain?

Agree, Celestia didn't actually want to sent Luna to moon, it was so painful for her.

This fandom (and I'm saying this without knowing if others do that too) has a tendency of taking stuff from the show, ignoring some details and them turn it into something ugly.

Cupcakes for example, just like Celestia using the Elements against Nightmare Moon.

This is just my opinion tough.

• Brohoof 1

I would be happy to live in world/country where Celestia is a ruler.  This cartoon wouldn't be the same without Princess Celestia. She is the embodiment of goodness and light (pretty stereotypically I admit, but anyway). I ready to close eyes on her stereotypically. Celestia is definitely my favorite princess (sorry Twi, but you not have to be a princess I think) Besides she looks awesome. Celestia is alpha-mare, she has biggest wings, biggest horn, and she's biggest "pony" in cartoon. Celestia is obviosly second mother for Twilight Sparkle, and also she's second mother from all her subjects. Ehhh... I guess I can call her "God"    At least she has all the qualities to be called:  "The goddess of Equestria " 

post-23053-0-53150900-1391618813_thumb.png

People who have a fictions about her tyranny and "lust for power" just mad because Celestia is a perfect ruler. They feel resentment for the Princess Luna, but if Celestia is perfect it's not means that Luna worse than she! (Sorry, just my opinion) 

P.S. Celestia reminds me Eddard Stark from Game of thrones.

Edited by zev_zev
  • Brohoof 2