The Size of signatures is to big!

Planty

So, just a bit of feedback on the size of signatures on the forum.

Now I think that the size nor normal users is ok, and does not need to be changed, but I feel like the size for subscribers is possibly to big and the size for moderators is just massively to big.

Now I don't have a small laptop, but this is what my screen sees sometimes:

(see attached file)

post-7109-0-84925500-1397920663_thumb.jpg

as you can see it fills up atleast a 1/3 of the screen. This is crazy! I didn't come to the forum to see peoples signatures but to read the topics.

I know signatures are an important part of your online persona, but why do moderators sigs have to be so much bigger? It sometimes feels like they are trying to show it in our faces sometimes!

Now I'm suggesting that you make them smaller and standardise the signature size to be the same as non subscribers. In the end, they still get a bigger portrait (which is fine as it stays out of the way) so why the need for such big signatures?

It also severely reduces my ability to read topics quickly:

a. they load slower

b. they take forever to scroll throught.

It seems crazy to be that signatures can be so much bigger then then persons post!

Anyways, I hope this didn't come over to ranty, and if there was a way (or is that I can't see) to turn signatures off for me then that would fix the problem as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Happy Plant 

but I feel like the size for subscribers is possibly to big and the size for moderators is just massively to big.

This size for moderators is the same as the size for subscribers at 200px. ;)

If you have problems with people's signatures loading because they are too big, or if you do not wish to scroll through the larger signatures, feel free to hid them by clicking the x in the top right:

post-15615-0-77330100-1397922854_thumb.png

Edited by Moony
  • Brohoof 1

Thankyou :) I wasn't sure if there the same and I had only seen moderator ones today lol :)

I can't actually see the X on my computer? Do I have to do something special?

(PS thanks for replying so quickly :) )

Yeah, staff shouldn't be having signatures bigger than 200X600 like Subscribers :3 If they do, they're most likely unintentionally bypassing the size limit. I also don't feel 200 pixels tall is 'too big' in the least. Many forums don't have a signature image limit at all, and many more have ones, that are far laxer than ours.