visual art 00

Hfhdj6wp8

Hmm can't tell if insecure or just looking for attention anyway the drawings are amazing good job. you are really good at the shading but on the first fluttershy drawing could use a little less shade.

• Brohoof 6

You're good, probably the best I've seen on this forum to date. Your compositions are all technically sound and even without color you bring a ton of depth and contrast to your work.

• Brohoof 2

Yea, don't know if you're just pulling peoples hooves or you're really in denial...

these are good.

if you truly feel discouraged then think of this quote.. "practice makes perfect"

• Brohoof 2

"You die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

animated_rainbow_dash_signature_600x100_

Indeed, you are very skilled and I see a lot of potential. Continue to hone your craft diligently and you will likely have a bright future ahead of you. :)

• Brohoof 1

I know there's a place you walked
Where love falls from the trees
My heart is like a broken cup
I only feel right on my knees.
I spit out like a sewer hole
Yet still receive your kiss
How can I measure up to anyone now
After such a love as this?

The Who

Hmm can't tell if insecure or just looking for attention anyway the drawings are amazing good job. you are really good at the shading but on the first fluttershy drawing could use a little less shade.

I am dead serious. It's not fun looking at something you poured days or even weeks into and wondering if it was even worth it. This is no cry for attention. I guess I may be a little insecure about my drawings, however. That's definetly part of the issue. Thanks for the compliment, it means alot.

Is this a joke? You're great at drawing. Keep going man. (Y)

Thank you so much.

You're good, probably the best I've seen on this forum to date. Your compositions are all technically sound and even without color you bring a ton of depth and contrast to your work.

Wow that's amazing. You really have no idea how encouraging that is to me. Thank you!

Yea, don't know if you're just pulling peoples hooves or you're really in denial...

these are good.

if you truly feel discouraged then think of this quote.. "practice makes perfect"

This is no joke. This has plagued me for years. Thank you though, no matter how I feel, practice truly does make perfect!

Aw, your drawings are gorgeous! Stop thinking all of those bad thoughts... they look amazing! Please keep up the good work. :)

Thanks. It's just so hard to shake these thoughts sometimes. I can't help it. (Same thing happend with the derpy/dr hooves I drew you!)

• Brohoof 1

Oh.....my.......god. Those are like masterpieces, every artist thinks his/her work is bad, but most of the time it's amazing. Like my writing I think is the worst thing ever and yet there are 600+ people out there reading it, and so i continue to write. As long as other people love your work and you love to do it, keep doing it.

Edited by Huntress
  • Brohoof 2

Daisy Patch- http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/daisy-patch-r4850

Do ya wanna build a snowman!?

Indeed, you are very skilled and I see a lot of potential. Continue to hone your craft diligently and you will likely have a bright future ahead of you. :)

Thanks! I plan to continue, just gotta get over these humps...

Now i feel bad because I can' t draw worth shit, only sculpt

Lol, I couldn't sculpt something if my life depneded on it!

Oh.....my.......god. Those are like masterpieces, every artist thinks his/her work is bad, but most of the time it's amazing. Like my writing I think is the worst thing ever and yet there are 600+ people out there reading it, and so i continue to write. As long as other people love your work and you love to do it, keep doing it.

Thank you! I guess part of my problem is that I never really showed anyone my stuff until I started putting it online a few weeks ago. I don't know if people love it, it just kinda sat in a drawer.

Thanks for the replies so far guys, I'm feeling way better!

Thanks! I plan to continue, just gotta get over these humps...

Lol, I couldn't sculpt something if my life depneded on it!

Thank you! I guess part of my problem is that I never really showed anyone my stuff until I started putting it online a few weeks ago. I don't know if people love it, it just kinda sat in a drawer.

Thanks for the replies so far guys, I'm feeling way better!

you draw amazing by the way

• Brohoof 1

Ok... are you joking? Because you art is AMAZING! if i could draw like that i would never stop drawing!

Wow thank you! Really encouraging stuff, I appreaciate it.

You're... You're joking, right?  :blink: 
These are AMAZING! Some of the best drawing I've seen on the forums. You're high up on the list of forum artists, bro. Keep it up! :D

• Brohoof 1

cugk56S.gif

Signature made by Sparkle Speed

Okay, first of all. WHAT? THESE ARE FANTASTIC! The detail is insane! I'm stuck with drawing stick figures and vectors, and you're doing that! It looks like you understand shading extremely well. Get your confidence up my continuing on your drawing. I know that the best way to improve is to try to add "new" techniques or styles after each work.

For example, I'm a composer. At first I didn't think I was too good, but I've always added little things such as more detailed melodies, and better balance like EQ. This slowly builds over time and 2 years later, it's a much bigger improvement.

For example, one of my earlier works:

https://eqbeats.org/track/2779

Compared to my latest work (1.5 years later):

I think the same can be said of artwork.

• Brohoof 1

"You learn a lot about people when you listen to the songs that mean something to them."

Youtube - Carbon Maestro, Music Reviews - Carbon Music Reviews, Soundcloud - Follow Here, Twitter: @CarbonMaestro

Super Smash Ponies: Find it here

youtube_banner_by_thecarbonmaestro-d66xg

Okay first of all, an artists work is only as good or bad as the artist makes it out to be, so if you say that it looks terrible, of course in your own mind and eyes it will always be terrible, same with it being good, but there will always be others out there who truly appreciate your work, yes there will always be people out there who are better than you at art, but instead of letting it get to you and drag you down, use their talents at art as a motivation to get better at your own, inspiration, if you will.

Now on topic: You're art is freaking amazing!

• Brohoof 3

signature_zps130af43b.jpg

(Avatar art done by and Signature art done by @Guardian Braveheart (Aka my little brother), Avatar and Signature done by myself)

Well...no. If you're bad, it doesn't matter what you say, you'll still be bad.

Qwerty, you have a ways to go but I like your work, I'm impressed with your shading.

• Brohoof 1

You're... You're joking, right?  :blink: 

These are AMAZING! Some of the best drawing I've seen on the forums. You're high up on the list of forum artists, bro. Keep it up! :D

Wow, that's awesome, Thank!

Are you serious?!? These are amazing! Great job! ;) you have a great talent!

Thank you!

Okay, first of all. WHAT? THESE ARE FANTASTIC! The detail is insane! I'm stuck with drawing stick figures and vectors, and you're doing that! It looks like you understand shading extremely well. Get your confidence up my continuing on your drawing. I know that the best way to improve is to try to add "new" techniques or styles after each work.

For example, I'm a composer. At first I didn't think I was too good, but I've always added little things such as more detailed melodies, and better balance like EQ. This slowly builds over time and 2 years later, it's a much bigger improvement.

For example, one of my earlier works:

https://eqbeats.org/track/2779

Compared to my latest work (1.5 years later):

I think the same can be said of artwork.

Now this is amazing! Thank you for showing me this, I'll definitely be listening to this as I work on my next pony drawings! Very impressive work, this is really professional.

I guess the only thing to do is keep drawing then!

Okay first of all, an artists work is only as good or bad as the artist makes it out to be, so if you say that it looks terrible, of course in your own mind and eyes it will always be terrible, same with it being good, but there will always be others out there who truly appreciate your work, yes there will always be people out there who are better than you at art, but instead of letting it get to you and drag you down, use their talents at art as a motivation to get better at your own, inspiration, if you will.

Now on topic: You're art is freaking amazing!

This is so true, thanks.

Well...no. If you're bad, it doesn't matter what you say, you'll still be bad.

Qwerty, you have a ways to go but I like your work, I'm impressed with your shading.

Wait so they are bad? Or are you saying they're bad because I think they're bad? Thanks for the shading compliment though, and i do have a lot to improve on!

Thanks for the replies everyone, I guess all I need to do is just keep drawing!

OK first off, seems to me that you're simply a perfectionist. You strive for perfection in everything you do, so you're not content with your work even if for other people it would be marvelous piece of artwork. The author, especially a perfectionist, is usually the worst judge for his own creations, because he knows more about the secrets of the trade and he will always see the details which supposedly went "wrong", even if no one besides him would notice them.

And your work is really amazing! You can draw like a friggin' Leonardo da Vinci, and you are telling me that you can't even draw? Now THAT'S A LIE, MISTER! :) The level of detail in your art simply overwhelms me, and your style looks very professional.

The only problem I see is that you started drawing ponies from MLP:FiM, which use a very different style of art you probably didn't have any experience with so far. That's why they might look bad at first. This is not because you are bad artist (which we already recognized as untrue), but because this is not the style you used to, so it will take some practice to master it. But with your skills, it should be a matter of days, I guess. And I'm not even sure that you should bend your talent so much towards MLP style, which is way more simpler. Well, sometimes less is more, MLP style is more comic-like and cartoon-ish, you can see it as a form of abstract art (where by abstraction I mean taking the very essence of a form which still resembles it and has the important features of expression).

I'm actually more interested about how these two forms of art could be merged together. If there is a way to draw such a detailed and full-shaded pony sketches similar to those in old books or da Vinci's notebooks. This could be interesting to see :)

So yes, go on with your art, you're on your way :)

• Brohoof 1

No need for self doubt, you're great at drawing.

Better than anything I could doodle.

lol, you're 100 times better than I am, you shouldn't doubt your skills. :)

Thanks you guys, I'll be checking out all your art on Deviant Art later (expect a new watcher!)

OK first off, seems to me that you're simply a perfectionist. You strive for perfection in everything you do, so you're not content with your work even if for other people it would be marvelous piece of artwork. The author, especially a perfectionist, is usually the worst judge for his own creations, because he knows more about the secrets of the trade and he will always see the details which supposedly went "wrong", even if no one besides him would notice them.

And your work is really amazing! You can draw like a friggin' Leonardo da Vinci, and you are telling me that you can't even draw? Now THAT'S A LIE, MISTER! :) The level of detail in your art simply overwhelms me, and your style looks very professional.

The only problem I see is that you started drawing ponies from MLP:FiM, which use a very different style of art you probably didn't have any experience with so far. That's why they might look bad at first. This is not because you are bad artist (which we already recognized as untrue), but because this is not the style you used to, so it will take some practice to master it. But with your skills, it should be a matter of days, I guess. And I'm not even sure that you should bend your talent so much towards MLP style, which is way more simpler. Well, sometimes less is more, MLP style is more comic-like and cartoon-ish, you can see it as a form of abstract art (where by abstraction I mean taking the very essence of a form which still resembles it and has the important features of expression).

I'm actually more interested about how these two forms of art could be merged together. If there is a way to draw such a detailed and full-shaded pony sketches similar to those in old books or da Vinci's notebooks. This could be interesting to see :)

So yes, go on with your art, you're on your way :)

This is just amazing. That's exactly how I feel! I try to make it perfect, and then I get disappointed when it's not. Thank you so much, just reading this makes me excited to go and practice, everything you said is spot on!

And saying i draw like Da Vinci and have a professional style is waaay too generous, lol, but i'll take it! And yeah, I never really drew any cartoon stuff before as seriously as i am now with ponies. I've been drawing them for over a month now and am just starting to put what I learned to use (I drew some requests for some people in a very simple style for their enjoyment and to get some critique the past few weeks).

Is this what you mean by blending the two styles together? I drew some real ponies for a drawing I was working on but have shelved for a while now because of other stuff getting in the way, and I made this one look a little like a scary pinkie pie without even realizing it (this was before I got into mlp, like 2-3 months ago)

Btw, you and everyone else have encouraged me to actually finish this thing. I'm not gonna worry if I think it looks bad or not, I'm just gonna enjoy the practice, post the drawing on deviant art, and just let everyone enjoy it for what it is! I've also been thinking about making a free pony request thread in the request forum since I've really enjoyed taking requests from people, and I think I'm just about ready to do it, just need to finish a few last things. Thanks!

• Brohoof 2