4. Space Pony

5. Candy Pony

6. Plant Pony

7. Bat Pony

And a bonus species:

1. Harpy half-woman half-bird.

Your thoughts? ;)

• Brohoof 1

I doubt there would be a "Space Pony".  However, if would be cool to see Bat and Sea Ponies, :)

Also, if i'm not mistaken, the Windegos do somewhat resemble "Ghost Ponies".

• Brohoof 1

I doubt there would be a "Space Pony".  However, if would be cool to see Bat and Sea Ponies, :)

Also, if i'm not mistaken, the Windegos do somewhat resemble "Ghost Ponies".

I mean space ponies like Planets and Stars like Celestia and Luna.

I mean space ponies like Planets and Stars like Celestia and Luna.

Oh, I see what your saying.   I can agree with the "Stars" one, like if there were a character called "Shooting Star" then, that's alright.  If there were a character that has a name or reference to "planet", then no.  That is b/c it would sound too "Extra-Terrestrial" like, if you know what i mean. Its like saying "Alien Pony", :lol:

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

• Brohoof 1

It would be interesting, in fact, it would be interesting to see an evil pony race.

It'll be mad if there's no episode in season 5 where Twily and her friends don't make an official visit to a bat pony settlement 

Batponies and Seaponies are already canon.

Sea ponies are canon, and they were in old generations, but they were not explored in the show, and bat ponies should be properly featured

7. Bat Pony

I would want to see a Bat Pony, not so sure about the others.

I wouldn't mind seeing bat and sea ponies in season five.

I doubt there would be a "Space Pony".  However, if would be cool to see Bat and Sea Ponies,  :) 

Um...Aren't bat ponies kinda-sorta slightly maybe already canon? I mean, I'm not entirely sure if I'm right, but I'm pretty sure that in the "Bats" episode bat ponies were introduced, just a crazy hypothesis...

But then again, I could be completely wrong because:KD3KdMq.png

Also, I definitely don't remember seeing ponies with bat wings from S2 E4...

tumblr_ltozgfmYOt1r0z1wao1_400.gif

Um...Aren't bat ponies kinda-sorta slightly maybe already canon? I mean, I'm not entirely sure if I'm right, but I'm pretty sure that in the "Bats" episode bat ponies were introduced, just a crazy hypothesis...

But then again, I could be completely wrong because:img-2624932-1-KD3KdMq.png

Also, I definitely don't remember seeing ponies with bat wings from S2 E4...

img-2624932-2-tumblr_ltozgfmYOt1r0z1wao1

They are canon, but I want to see where they originated from.

I'd rather it be the other way around

More mythical creatures, less pony variants.

Thing is, the Seasponies have in printed works, so we know there's a possibility. We just need an episode on a beach or at sea.

x) I think your ratios are reversed. Using your metrics as the easiest and most upfront example, we'd be far more likely to encounter seven new creatures and one new pony species.

The only major pony species we've been introduced to so far in this show is the Crystal Ponies, and that took two full seasons. In those two seasons, we met over a dozen monsters and critters. It's far easier to introduce one-off monsters and other critters that can be thrown in as wild animals, than it is to introduce an entire new society, civilization of ponies. While I've no doubt we'll be seeing new pony species in Season 5, I can scarcely imagine we'll be going over two, and even two is well over modest in my mind.