Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Fate of Magic - Beyond These Walls.

The Elusive Cinder

@,@,  Terra thought about it for a moment. Was it wise to leave them just giving flyers making expeditions like amateurs? His duty told him to report them and have them thrown out of this place... his conscience told him that they would continue to hand flyers and gather for their expedition wherever they went. He had to have more information... he had to learn about them a lot.

"Interesting..." he said with a seemingly neutral expression while he was thinking. "Do you believe the royal guard is not enough to handle this? I mean... have you thought about petitioning some support from them or requesting additional measures be taken for our society's predicament? Also i am curious to knowing who you are and your experience on the matter." He did his best to act like a serious kind of inquiry trying to appear like a volunteer adventurer who didn't know any better. The first tactic would be to doubt them... if they backed down from this easily it would mean he would have to put a stop to their activities... if they were serious about it though and had a little experience? Well... he would just have to watch out and look for that. 

Pavisa

Pavisa frowned slightly as she turned to glance at Aegis, raising an eyebrow slightly as she looked towards the pegasus.  She wished there was something she could do for the author - despite a somewhat awkward conversation they'd had before everything went to hell, the stallion was still one of her closest friends...  Words weren't exactly one of Pavisa's strong points though, and nothing came to her mind that she could try to say to help him.  Vowing mentally to think more on it later, she turns back towards Bardic and nods her head slightly.

"Pavisa, Cant-errr, just Pavisa."  She was still getting used to that.  Leaving to help her friends was still one of her better decisions, it was just something she wasn't used to yet.  At least, she was still telling herself it was a good decision.  "Pav or Pavi if ya want, I really don't care...  And despite current appearances, I'm an earth pony."

With her introduction out of the way, the ex-guard let her thoughts drift back to what Kingfisher had just said.  A spare blade would certainly make her feel better...  Glancing down to her armored foreleg she lets herself smirk at the sorry state of her armour for once.  At least I don't need to worry about being weighed down...  I can swim with just this bit, I've done it with both legs covered before after all...  Stupid Stahl.  Heck, it's more like a buckler than actual armour by this point.  The mare briefly shakes her head to clear her thoughts, bringing her attention back to the topic at hoof.  She spares a glance over her shoulder to see that Mirror was still following them...  Pavisa had mixed feelings on that - the unicorn HAD been the one who held them hostage, after all - but she hadn't tried anything since they had left the caverns.  Though one member of their rag-tag party wasn't to be accounted for.  "Er...  Where's the bug?"

(edited)

Bardic.

@@Windbreaker,

@@Umbreon,

"Aegis... and Pavisa..."

He smiled, as if he found their names entertaining somehow.

"Both meaning to protect, in their own ways. Seperate ends to the same purpose."

He blinked.

"The insect you were traveling with? I believed that he was..."

Kingfisher.

"Dont look at me - much as I'd like to strangle it..." Kingfisher cut off her friend as she glanced around, raising a hoof to her head and sighing heavily in an exasperated to e. this was the last thing they needed.

At least this time, she felt like she had a way to find out. One pony would surely know...

@@SilverHeart,

"What are you scheming now, witch?!" Snapped the mare in a foul-tempered tone. "Even after we save your hide you still keep trying to take advantage of us..."

---------------

Scribe and Redwave.

@,

@

@@Windbreaker,

@@Tricksters Pride,

"What I mean to say is... ahem, one moment, please."

"Uhm... hold on..."

Redwave stalled - unsure how to respond to tears despite his bluster and bravado. He wasn't as proficient with words as he used to be. Scribe paused too: not really certain how best to describe their presence without giving the wrong impression. The two looked towards each other before turning and muttering a few short words, and eventually changing places.

---------------

Scribe.

@@Windbreaker,

"Okay..." Scribe sighed as he approached the pair of mares: not really sure how he was supposed to help the situation.

"... lets start over without any swords or anything." He suggested hopefully. "I'm Scribe, what's happened?"

It was all he could really ask: Redwave had blanked entirely before passing off the problem onto him. Not the Scribe was much better at dealing with situations of this type, but without having ever met Noble he was at least able to make an unbiased observation. That, and Red was the one with the plan - better to let him deal with the guard.

"Uhm... it's okay! I mean, ignore whatever Red said - he's not exactly... tactful..."

---------------

Redwave.

@,

"Aha, a guard. Excellent!"

Meanwhile, Redwave approached the other pair - consisting of Minty and Terra. While Scribe was just as lost as before, Red merely felt somewhat awkward about the presence of the Green mare - choosing to act as indifferent as he could as he dealt with the guard.

"Captain Redwave of the Dawn Dreamer, at your service." He announced jauntily. "Please, ignore anything that my foolish kin might have said. You may rest assured that we mean no trouble to the city or her inhabitants - merely to ease the burden of the guard by taking those with the nerve to stand by us on an attempt to put an end to these tribulations."

@,

Pausing, he nodded awkwardly towards the mare as well.

"I see that you are well, Miss Wintergreen."

Edited by Cinderscribe

@,

Minty Wintergreen

That's strange. Redwave didn't seem angry at all. Probably just as lost as she was. Just then, she took notice of all the scratches and scars and how pale he looked. "Dear Celestia, what happened to you?" Minty stared intently at the little marks - were those cracks? The mare couldn't help but worry. She decided not to sound too clingy - maybe he will think that she's strange.

She cleared her throat - "Are you okay?"

Gwyn

@

Gwyn fought back a wave of tears and put on a brave face. This Scribe pony seemed nice, though. That certainly helped her calm down enough to answer him.

"My name is Gwyn and I've just been abandoned by my brother. Just one moment he was here, then he just said goodbye and took off somewhere. But Captain Redwave doesn't like my brother and probably doesn't think much of me for showing up here with him, even though I haven't done anything to him to make him dislike me." She said, trying hard to maintain composure, even if the wound left by Noble's betrayal was fresh. She'd have time to cry later, but she also had to be useful, too. Last thing she wanted to be was dead weight.

---

Aegis Dare

@,

Aegis sighed and got up, mostly because at the moment he couldn't sit still. "I wasn't much of a protector back there. I betrayed you guys by abandoning the group with Clockwork, somehow failed to recognize that I couldn't win over Orion's group, then panicked right when everypony needed me most. Yeah...some protector." Aegis said, a hint of bitterness in his voice as he listed these failings.

"I dunno where the changeling went, though. Probably needed some time alone. It seemed pretty shaken up." He said, as if to deviate away from the previous subject. If he was lucky, nopony would take notice.

@

One of Mirror's ears twitched at the sound of Kingfisher's addressing her. "Stop calling me that!" Mirror snapped back at the mare, "My name is Mirror Image, I'm not a witch, I'm an..." Mirror paused, it wouldn't help her at all if they knew she was an illusionist. Better to keep that to herself for now. "So sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not Zintiik's queen. He doesn't listen to me. I don't know what he is doing. Celestia knows I've tried. He only has ears for Orion and Willow." 

@,@, ((OOC:Can you give me a bit of detail on your characters and whether i should know them or not?)) Terra wasn't the one to stand idle while others did his job for him. He had joined the Royal Guard for that exact purpose... yet it wasn't enough. What did he have to offer? What could he do here?

"I am Terra Lionmane. I honestly don't know how to respond to this offer of yours... i am all for helping because that is the reason i joined the guard. Do you actually have a plan or you just intend on jumping into the fray? There were many before you but... Do you have a clue about how we are going to solve this?"

Bardic.

@@Windbreaker,

"And yet, you are still here. After losing faith in yourself and in others you remain by their sides." Bardic blinked slowly - perhaps thinking, or perhaps merely out of habit. He was methodical in his ways: even an action as simply as breathing seemed to be carefully considered. "What took place has been inked and cannot be unwritten. Now all that you can do is ensure that your part in the grand tale is one that was worth surviving for."

@@SilverHeart,

Turning to the side, he lay a hoof in the shoulder of Kingfisher, shaking his head solemnly.

"Please, this is not the time for accusations. To you too, miss Mirror... if you would be so kind as to offer insight, it is my understanding that you traveled with this individual?"

----------------

Scribe.

@@Windbreaker,

Scribe simple stood for a moment, listening to the mare as he tried to think of a suitable response. After a moment, he grinned a little and glanced nervously back towards his cousin, before looking back to Gwyn.

"Well..." He started. "I don't know where my sister is, see? So maybe we stick together for now?"

It wasn't a particularly well thought out sentiment: she didn't look particularly fierce or... well, dangerous... but neither had his own companions, and they had proven to be invaluable!

"Red's just like that - he'll come around. Besides, he'll be busy making gooey-eyes at that Pegasus girl over there soon enough..."

---------------

Redwave.

@,

"I remain as well as I ever was dear, if a little roughly treated by the world and its trials."

Redwave answered Minty without looking around: perfectly civil (especially by his standards) but avoiding paying the mare any more attention than was absolutely necessary.

@,

Returning his attention to Terra, Red continued with his explanation: as vague as it actually was.

"I have a ship, and a clue as to the whereabouts of... of some method by which we might end this fine example of a disaster." He explained to the guard. "In these times, the only ones who would dare lay claim to a more complete solution are liars and fools. I mean to see this over: but the enormity of this task is beyond even the skill of Redwave alone."

@,@,

Minty Wintergreen

Minty frowned - what has Redwave been up to lately? He's certainly being secretive, but she decided not to think much of it. She listened to him talking to the new mare - Terra while she gazed at the ship. She noticed that this ship was going to be full of mares. She winced at the thought - she was so easily intimidated that she was tempted to fly away. But she decided better of it and waited for Redwave to be finished talking.

"Solve what?" Minty wanted to ask. She knew Redwave wouldn't respond, though. His old charm was back though - at least he didn't seem rude about it.

"Ahem.." Minty paused, wincing at how rude she sounded. "What exactly is going on?"

(edited)
Aegis Dare

@,

A light seemed to switch on in Aegis' head. If he had lost his faith, why was he still there? He only had one answer for that: The friends he still had. He seemed to relax a bit and soon had a small smile on his face. Not quite a full recovery, but at least it was something. "Maybe a few too many words to say something so simple, but I get your point."

---

Gwyn

@,

So far, her guess was spot on. Scribe wasn't as aggressive or as blunt as Redwave, and even better, he had a sibling as well. That would help them understand one another. Or so she hoped. "Thank you, Mr Scribe. You're very kind and I won't let you down."

Edited by Windbreaker

Patience

@,

As Noble made his dramatic statement Patience continued to watch the stallion for any signs of aggression, a twitch, a glow to his horn, anything that would give her time to react if he had tried to attack. But all she saw was a disappointed demigod with a flair for dramatics and a dislike for the word betrayer. So when he suddenly opened up a pair of wings Patience merely tensed to react and as she watched him fly away with no obvious intent to come back she relaxed slightly and turned her attention back to the mare, the designated threat was gone now all that was left was to see what was up with the other one.

So when the Captain lowered his blade and tried to converse with the mare Patience shook her head and sheathed her blade, reaching back under her stomach and unlocking it before tilting her sheath back up into its usual position with the blade properly secured in it... Though she didn't close her wings or relax her defensive stance much, that mare had previously been quit quick to draw her crossbow and Patience wasn't about to let her guard down and let somepony get shot... Not that she cared about the others! She just didn't want to get shot is all!.....

The mare initially spoke up defensively as was expected but her sudden shock and sadness was slightly suspicious, she'd just confessed that the other pony was her brother... The alicorn demigod! So Patience wasn't sure how to deal with the other mare cause on one hoof she could have actually been sad and that sucked in all but in the merks opinion it was more of a family problem and it didn't change anything other than she and her brother needed to work it out themselves, but the expedition was overseas not here in Equestria where her brother was so not only was it none of their business but... It had no place on the expedition, just drama...... That said the more likely option was that she was faking and that the demigod could teleport so it was just a trap to catch them off guard, Patience was having none of that so she took little notice of the other mares tears and instead watched her surroundings more carefully.

Then the Captain stalled out, apparently not sure how to deal with the emotional mare... Not that Patience could blame him, if she where in his position she wouldn't have been any better at dealing with it. That said she wasn't real pleased to have the rookie deal with her as opposed to the Captain, when she noticed the guard over where the rook used to be she understood but it was still a bit irritating. So when Scribe asked to start things over again without swords Patience rolled her eyes, folded her wings with a faint click, and brought her now folded wings to her side before sitting down and watching the pair. She had figured that she'd use this opportunity to see if Scribe was as green as he looked and had thus stayed quiet. *'There's a difference between tactless and blunt and to the point you know...'*

So Gwyn stopped crying and spoke to Scribe, explaining little of what had happened and generally sounding pitiful... Whatever it was either fake, though by this point it probably wasn't seeing as the theoretical trap should have been sprung the moment the Captain turned around and let his guard down, or not her problem so lets see how Scribe deals with it... To which he just paused, looked around, grinned nervously, looked to the Captain for some reason, looked back to Gwyn, and stated that because he doesn't know where his sister was that they should stick together..... What?... Umm ok so hes obviously reallllly naive at least and probably pretty green indeed. Then he said that the Captain would come around and that he'd be making uggh... 'gooey-eyes' at the pegasus mare over there. So he had a marefriend, good for him now what does that have to do with him coming around in any way?... Maybe his marefriend was soft? Eh made sense, going with that.

So by the time Gwyn was thanking for his naiv 'kindness' Patience was shaking her head and sighing. *'This is going to be a looooong trip... Poor rook, i don't know how green the poor stallion'll be by the end of this.'* And after a few moments she instead opted to ask something more on topic to her, choosing a more neutral tone as she didn't really know what to think of 'Rook' as she had decided to call the younger stallion. "Alllright now that that's done with... What exactly are we doing here, all the flier said was that you and the Captain need some assistance and you had an idea of how to end this mess. Soooo i'm here and i'd like to help, tell me what you two have planned and i'll try to help you guys out... No charge considering the state of things around here but i do need to have an idea of whats going on in order to offer you guys any help....."

(edited)

Scribe.

Scribe shrugged at the question - glancing around. Realising that there wasn't anyone else to explain, he took a moment to think. The judgmental looks and eye-rolling were kind of lost on him - either he didn't care, or more likely he just didn't notice the gestures in the first place.

"Step one, we get to the ship." He said surely - confident in his memory. "Step two... I get seasick... Step three, we head west!"

Motioning somewhere vaguely to the northeast, Scribe continued his recollection of the plan. Considering its vagueness to begin with, it actually began to sound more detailed that it actually was.

"Somewhere out to sea is an island that Red noticed a few times when he's passed it: real strange place. It's... hot and cold at the same time. Light and dark all at once. Y'know, weird..."

Motioning for the pair to follow, he made his way back towards the captain.

"Weird things just like what's been going on here recently, see? Only this place... this place has been like it for years..."

---------------

Redwave.

"Indeed: this vulgar excuse for weather, this perpetual twilight and its denizens of vile shadow... It all existed on a much smaller scale before - on an island between here and Saddle Arabia. A truly insignificant place, but memorable enough to recall for one as skilful as I am..."

Red continued where his companion had left off - sauntering over with a jaunty away in his pace. He gave Gwyn a troubled glance and Scribe a confounded glare, but asked no questions about her presence.

"Whatever could sorcery is causing out plight, something of its ilk can be traced back to this island. We are required to locate it - whatever it might happen to be."

---------------

Bardic.

Bardic shook his head.

"Language is a wondrous thing to behold - if you tryely believe that 'a few too many words' is a possibly, then I propose that we should agree to disagree... that is how the saying goes, yes?"

He smiled: something that the others seemed to do all too little, some for good reasons, such as sorrow. Others for less good reasons: anger and hate.

"Words have more power than most will ever give them credit for: I see it as my responsibility to fill Equestria with them, and see that they are not forgotten."

Edited by Cinderscribe

@,@,  Terra couldn't deny it. He couldn't just sit idle like this...

"All this time we've been fighting against whatever caused this whole mess in Equestria... monsters, magical instabilities, the Princesses dissapearing... It's all a big mess and the nobility of Canterlot ain't helping much."

He turned to Redwave with sheer determination upon his gaze.

"I want to help... i am willing to do anything to see an end to this but i don't want to leave my post either. I can't shriek my duties... Is there anything i can do?"

Minty Wintergreen

Minty, now hovering in the air with small flaps of her wings, wondering dumbfoundedly. Who has assigned Redwave and Scribe this mission? The princesses? But.. they're not there. And how could they, ponies, even help rid this dark magic.. or, whatever this is?

She wasnt listening to what Redwave or Scribe had to say.. she was just staring at the dirt and stuck in her own thoughts. Last time she went on an adventure like this, they barely got out alive. Now with the princesses gone and the sky looking all weird, she wasnt sure what they were facing now. She knew they wouldn't get out alive.. but something, something kept her from leaving - she wasnt sure what, but just.. something.

She looked towards the ship. So this was the Dawn Dreamer - the boat Redwave always bragged about - the boat he wanted to bring her onto to explore Equestria. She frowned - it looked like he didnt have a care for her at all anymore; instead glancing at that new mare that was with that alicorn.. wait a minute. There was an alicorn? She thought the princesses were gone.. And there were no others than Twilight and Cadence.. but why would they be here?

(edited)

Midnight Sky

Up to now Midnight had been listening to how Bardic spoke to the others, and so far Midnight found Bardic to be rather respectable and intelligent as he was led to believe. "Very true, words can stop wars and unify countries if used properly. But that's irrelevant." Midnight said in agreement to Bardic. "Sorry for not introducing myself, my name is Midnight Sky, and the little filly over there is my younger sister Sunshine Rays. I guess you can say I'm the group's magic expert, since I study magic for a living, but I guess you already know that since you went out of your way to find me even though I live in the Everfree when you sent out those letters. Although I think my expertise isn't quite needed anymore at this point. Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you." Midnight said to Bardic with a slight bow of his head.

Midnight had a feeling that no amount of research could have prepared him for the amount of arcane knowledge that he's gained during this adventure, he learned so much about magic and it's origins in the short time Amethyst was with them, though he wondered where Ammy and Shadow disappeared to, Midnight didn't recall seeing them leave the tunnels. Either way though, he just hoped they would all live long enough for him to do some proper research into what Ammy had told him about magi and the realm of Arcana. With any luck he might find a way to safely become an alicorn, but for now Midnight recognized that saving the worlds took priority over his own ambitions.

Edited by Icy Void

Aegis Dare

@,

"True indeed. Words carry a lot of power, but sometimes something simple and short carries more meaning than something long and flowery. As an example, I could simply say 'You can't change the past, but you still have a future' and it would have the same meaning as what you said, just a shorter way of saying so. But then, if you'd said it so simply, there wouldn't be anything to debate or talk about." Aegis said, the small smile slowly getting bigger as his colours slowly became more vibrant. Starting with his Phoenix shield Cutie Mark.

---

Gwyn

@

Gwyn stifled a laugh at the second step in Scribe's plan. She was pretty sure that he was being silly on purpose, too. It helped her forget her tears, but her earlier seriousness was forgotten as well. She was now in the mindset of an excited teenage pony, for better or for worse. "Ooh, adventure and mystery. Sounds like fun. When do we start?"

(edited)

Bardic and Kingfisher.

@@Windbreaker,

"Indeed: no reason to question what you were hearing, no reason not to dismiss my statements as merely hollow words of little comfort. I might have said the same thing in a simpler way, but would you have even given those words a second thought?"

@@Icy Void,

"My friend, for one who claims to be an expert of magic you are thinking in a very linear fashion." The faintest flicker of a grin washed over the bards features for the shortest of moments - evidence perhaps of a pride that the reserved scholar felt. "Relevance is a matter of perspective my friend, to one such as..."

@@Umbreon,

@@SilverHeart,

"Thats great and everything, but its not helping us find the bug, is it?" snapped Kingfisher.

Bardic's demeanour broke as he look around - genuinely surprised at the outburst.

"You are... ahem. Yes, your friend..."

This time, it was the mares chance to appear offended. Snorting angrily, she looked around at the others for their opinions.

"Friend? Oh no. Don't think so. Buck it... just leave him behind, let him rot. Why should I care?"

---------------

Redwave and Scribe.

@,

"Aha, valiant and just: the very image that the royal guard almost succeeds in painting upon the minds of those that gaze upon them! Unfortunately..."

"... Unfortunately that's not going to help anyone."

With an annoyed look from the captain, Scribe cut him off.

"You can stay here with the rest of the guard: doing the same as them and not really changing anything at all if that's what you want. We won't force you to come, but somebody's gotta step up and do something." He shrugged. "Or y'know... you can stay home while we go and be big damn heroes. We won't think any less of you. Well... Red probably will."

@@Windbreaker,

"We set course imminently." Stated Redwave with a pointed glare towards the mare whom he neither liked nor trusted. "You, however..."

"You're coming with us Gwyn! Can't just leave you here - that wouldn't be right."

Edited by Cinderscribe

(OOC: Sorry for the short post, but I don't have much time and didn't want to get left behind.)

@

Mirror looked from Kingfisher towards Bardic, she opened her mouth and closed it, not saying anything. Several moments passed by while she thought about what Zintiik might be doing. "Honestly? I'm not sure. I may have traveled with him but that doesn't mean we know each other. He may have gotten himself lost or he may be waiting ahead."

Gwyn

@

It was official. Gwyn really wanted to slap Redwave. But since she really wanted to go on this voyage rather than stay in Canterlot with no guarantees of protection now that Noble was gone, she'd have to be a good filly and behave herself. At least Scribe was on her side. That was reassuring. Still, she smiled at the two stallions, even if she wanted to deck Redwave hard. "Thank you, Mister Scribe. And Captain, I'm sorry for nearly pulling a crossbow on you. Can't we try to be nice to each other?"

---

Aegis

@,

@ Everyone on the train

"You're probably right. Guess it's all a matter of perspective." Aegis said. He started to feel more relaxed, even to the point where he sank a little lower in his chair and nearly fell asleep until Kingfisher snapped at them. He frowned at her when she said to leave the changeling behind. True, he didn't have much love for the changeling, the one they kept calling witch or Orion, but they were still living beings at least. "Ease up, Fisher. They're hurting the same as we are. They've lost ponies they care about, too. We're all in the same boat now, and fighting each other is only gonna hurt more ponies."

Aegis didn't really know why he kept defending ponies who he really had no reason to defend. Maybe it's just the fact that he was a good pony and, on his good days, refused to be swallowed up by the bad. Then again, his name was Aegis and his Cutie Mark was a shield, so it was part of his nature. He took a moment to think, trying to find something he could say to ease the tension. But, he wasn't sure if he should say anything since they already had a bard. He decided he was going to say it anyway. "In a way, life is like watching a dream that you never wake up from. But there's a kind of beauty in that. Wish I knew what it was, though."

Pavisa

@@Windbreaker,@, @@SilverHeart@@Icy Void

The ex-guard rolls her eyes, sighing quietly.  "I don't like the idea of leaving it somewhere to cause trouble, but I don't think we should wait around for it.  I doubt we've seen the last of him anyway...  I don't know if I should say we'll be lucky or unlucky, but it's probably going to show its ugly face again."  Possibly a little harsh, it was just a changeling though.  She had been grateful that it kept its distance after the cave-in.  It had hardly said two words since that had happened, which was fine with Pavisa.  She still remembered their invasion of Canterlot, and she wasn't about to try and make friends with one of the bugs.  She was a little surprised by Mirror's comment, but it didn't really mean much to Pavisa.  It's not like a pony would actually be friends with a monster like a changeling.  

Midnight Sky

Midnight had been about to agree with Bardic's statement on perspective when Fisher interrupted. "I think I agree with Aegis on this one. Despite everything I think abandoning the changeling would probably cause more problems, problems we really don't need with the end of the world coming up. That said I suggest we continue onward as planned and make sure he didn't just fly ahead, no need to delay if it's unnecessary." Midnight said. He glanced warily at Pavi, her comment about the changeling were a bit harsh, as far as Midnight had seen it hasn't acted like any sort of evil monster or beast, just a bit of a jerk. Midnight could only assume her bias had to do with that changeling invasion that he had heard about, but he decided to not comment on it to Pavi. It didn't quite seem like a good time to go stirring up bad memories.

@,

Minty Wintergreen

First of all - why did Redwave seem to hate this new mare so much? She didn't seem that bad, but she didnt want to get on his bad side. She knew what happened last time when Redwave was angry, and she knew not to anger him again. She tried to speak up at times but was often interrupted - of course, she didnt say anything. How did Red and this mare know each other? Did they have an affair? Did Redwave dump her, too? Is that why he hates her? Is that how he thinks of Minty? She sure hoped not.

Minty decided to finally say to break the silence, "Are we going to get going?" Her ears drooped a little. "I-if you want to, I mean."

@,@, @@Windbreaker, Redwave was right... no pain no gain... unfortunately he had no way of getting his stuff in time. In fact he was even without his armor. Seeing as this would likely be his only chance he whistled loudly and with a high volume the voice of his loyal phoenix Fenix came rushing at his side. Chirping and squeacking in their own language they begun a conversation that lasted mere minutes. When the end of it came much to their surrounding ponies confusion he resumed to them and spoke once again.

"I am not standing idle any longer... if the Princesses were here i wouldn't even think of it but things are different now. They can toss me in the trash or accuse me for abandoning my duty if they dare... but my duty first and foremost is to the people of Equestria and i would rather die than refuse to serve it. So long as you do the same i will come with you... besides some experience upon the group will keep the rest of the scrubs in check right? Do not worry about my supplies... my phoenix Fenix will take care of them in due time. He will find me even if i travel thousands of miles away..." 

(edited)

Okay folks - I think that's everyone who's going to post. Can't hold off any longer. Lets skip ahead and get things moving.

If everyone is together when we skip time / location, I'll put it at the top of the post. Otherwise, it will be in the same place I usually place @mentions.

---------------

Redwave and Scribe.

Day 0

Late afternoon.

Western Equestria Docks.

Departing for the docks might not have been an epic journey on its own: the ships could be seen from Canterlot's walls at the hight of the city, and the trail was as safe as any other in this strange time. The journey was uneventful. Scribe made passing comments regarding flora... fauna... the weather... really anything that came into his head. Redwave remained quiet in contrast.

After a little over an hour, the smell of salt on the air had become prevalent. The sounds of wood creaking in the wind and water crashing against stone was clear and distinct so that even one whom might never had actually visited such a place could easily guess at what it was.

Most of the ships were in terrible state: few were actually seaworthy at all. Much of the dock stood empty where ponies with access to vessels had tried to flee the bizarre events, while wrecks filled some spaced where the once proud boats had once stood - now abandoned.

One ship however, wasn't in such a state.

The Dawn dreamer wasn't particularly large: nor was it exquisitely decorated. Once a small merchant vessel, the majority of its insides had once been dedicated to storage of goods rather than ponies. It's hull was patched in various places, and even from here it was clear that the ship had undergone repairs far too many times to have remained practical... there probably wasn't much of the original ship remaining within the mismatch or repairs, conversions ind improvements it had undergone over its lifetime.

Still, however ramshackle and unwieldily the work was, it had clearly been done with a great deal of care, attention and determination. This ship mattered to whomever had built it, and had nattered just as much by whomever had patched it up so many times.

"And now my friends, you stand before sweet Dawn! Before any of you so much as touch her, it sould be known that there is but a single rule that you must imbue to your memories with such permanence that it will never be forgotten, so hear me!"

He stomped a hoof on the ground and rounded on the procession of following ponies.

"Aboard this ship, My word weighs more than that of the sisters themselves!" The captain thundered - eyes flickering with a trace of the conviction that he hadn't felt in a long time. "From the second you set hoof on her deck, until the very moment you touch whatever shore we might find ourselves cast away by the cruel waves and left to die upon, you are to follow my word as if it carried the weight of Equestria behind it! Now, with me, all of you who wield the the courage to follow!"

Turning in place, the captain ascended the long walkway that connected the caravel to the dock, and waited.

---------------

Kingfisher and Bardic.

Day 0

Late afternoon.

Western Equestria Docks.

The docks gradually came into view.it had been a long road, but without the ever - looming threat of some eldritch entity seeking them out, it had been relatively peaceful in contrast to their previous journeys. Bardic explained little of his plan, but did all that he could to try and keep the spirits of his new companions as high as possible. Kingfisher... Kingfisher worried. The quiet gave her time to reflect: to consider her future. She didn't doubt that she would survive - the mares confidence bordering on foolhardy even at the best of times - no, Kingfisher was concerned about what she was going to do after this mess was resolved. Would things just go back to how they were before? Could she do that after opening up, and foolishly letting herself grow attached to others?

"Is that your ship, just a way ahead of us?" Came Bardic's voice. Before she could answer, he continued. "I believe that I see figures aboard: either someone seeks what is yours, or your captain has become more desperate than I anticipated..."

Trotting past the Bard and up ahead, the distracted mare squinted into the distance. He was right - and one if those figures was indistinguishable.

"He won't be leaving yet - the ships not ready. It takes time... but lets hurry, just in case."

Edited by Cinderscribe

Pavisa and Zintiik

@

Pavisa pauses to stare off at the ship, swallowing briefly.  This was going to be her first time at sea...  And while she wasn't exactly nervous, she certainly wished it had been under better conditions.  "Right behind you."  Rather than focus on the thought of the voyage itself, she made her thoughts go in other directions.  She was with her friends, and Kingfisher was an experienced sailor.  Plus they would be meeting up with captain Redwave again - everything would be fine if they were together.  

Her thoughts were interrupted by the rapid beating of wings as Zintiik re-joined the group, flying up towards them from the general direction of the water.  She mutters under her breath "So much for losing the bug..." as he flies back to land next to Mirror, the changeling briefly lighting up with the tell-tale green flames before in his place stood a now-familiar bland brown Pegasus.

@@SilverHeart

Zintiik, now disguised as Tactic, turned his head slightly to look towards Mirror.  She was the only one from their party still with them, until Orion woke up...  And the changeling wasn't about to trust the others.  "...You wouldn't imagine how difficult it is to feed with recent events.  Ponies are paranoid...  I don't like a challenge when I'm hungry."  Zintiik's voice retained its usual buzz; it would seem his disguise was only skin deep for the moment.  He flexes his wings in annoyance, doing his best to give off every image of an indifferent changeling who didn't mind the losses they had taken.