Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What happened with PinkiePony?

ponytheorist

Oh why tank you Jeric, that's so nice of you :)

Ok so who the fck bought this btch up and why bother looks like a witch to me.

Next time someone says her name in any post towards me or my mail I'm going to scream.

Anyways who is pinkiepony again?

Oh why tank you Jeric, that's so nice of you :)

Ok so who the fck bought this btch up and why bother looks like a witch to me.

Next time someone says her name in any post towards me or my mail I'm going to scream.

Anyways who is pinkiepony again?

Some dumb person who found the internet.

Trust me, you're better off not knowing.

My point has nothing to do with whether Pinkie Pony is a pleasant person or if she's a hypocrite etc.

I think the degree of vitriol directed towards her is going too far. It is at a point where the people attacking her easily seem like much bigger jerks than she ever was.

Pinkie Pony should just be ignored. She's a dumb kid who says dumb things.

Instead of putting together long articles and collecting screen caps to prove how horrible Pinkie Pony is, people should just (incoming overused meme)

132.gif

Ok, let's ignore the fact I found Molestia a pretty funny tumblr with nothing more serious than anything else I have seen people do. Let's ignore the fact that I think this is a case of free speech vs free speech, since PinkiePony wanted to have something shut down (which she has every right to talk about) and the Molestia creators have every right to continue their work (since that is also free speech). Lastly, let's ignore her own hypocritical artwork. After reading both sides of this, all I can say is this; She was a dumb girl who did dumb things, and people overracted. However, I do feel she had no right to act as she did, nor do I feel anyone has the right to tell someone they can't make content so long as said content is kept in it's appropriate areas and out of areas where audiences who should not see it can see it. This is why we have spoilers, tags, and content locks. If you let your child see these things, you are partially to blame as there are many, many ways to keep children out of the darker sections of the internet, like not giving them a computer. I don't think PinkiePony deserved as much hate as she got, however I do feel that she had no right to take down this tumblr, just like I don't agree with anyone who tries to put down any group, so long as said group is not being harmful towards others.

I would like to point out, as a brony, that I gave this fandom a chance because I wanted to be a part of something that was willing to be accepting and kind to everyone, as their own group was hated on and ostracized due to their love of a show that was not a part of their specific gender assignment. However, all I have seen since, is a very hateful, rude, and blunt group, and sometimes I wonder who the truly disgusting side is, the ones that want to shut down bronies or the bronies themselves.

My point has nothing to do with whether Pinkie Pony is a pleasant person or if she's a hypocrite etc.

I think the degree of vitriol directed towards her is going too far. It is at a point where the people attacking her easily seem like much bigger jerks than she ever was.

Pinkie Pony should just be ignored. She's a dumb kid who says dumb things.

Instead of putting together long articles and collecting screen caps to prove how horrible Pinkie Pony is, people should just (incoming overused meme)

While I don't agree with the level of hate directed at her, simply saying "She's a dumb kid who says dumb things" and then acting like she doesn't deserve at least minor backlash is like saying someone with anger issues who hits their bf/gf doesn't deserve to have legal action taken against them. Except in this case, it is worse, since as a kid she needs to understand that people like certain things and that she cannot just take on these crusades like this whenever she sees something she doesn't like. This attitude is what leads to groups like the WBC having their absolutely disgusting propaganda spread during a soldier's funeral, all because they didn't like someone. At that point, is it the soldier's family's fault that their son/daughter fought for this country, or the WBC who is doing this crusade? I mean, the WBC is fighting against something that is "wrong" in some circles, why shouldn't they have the right to take to the streets with their words? Now I am not trying to say that PinkiePony is as bad as the WBC, all I am saying is that where do we draw the line between where "Let people say what they want to say" and "Dumb kids will say dumb things" becomes abuse, verbal assault, and vitriol towards others?

• Brohoof 2

TL:DR:

She treated R34 like satan incarnate even though she drew some really racy pony art herself(at least one picture being borderline foalcon of Scoots and Sweetie making out pretty hot and heavy framed in a such way that supplied a pretty blatant ass-shot) 

There's a laundry list of other shit(some far worse, liking trying to have someone deported), but that tip of the ice-berg gives to some idea of the kind of person she is. I'm honestly glad she's dropped out of the limelight and stopped causing trouble. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 4

@@KokuraiNoSenshi I'd argue that the only backlash she needs/needed was to be ignored.  That also has the added benefit of fitting into the "she's just a dumb kid being loud" angle. If she did something criminal, she should be held accountable. Otherwise, doing anything other than ignoring her is just going to give her the legitimacy she feels she has.

Really, this whole thing should have just been a big "meh" and over with from the get-go. I roll my eyes every time someone speaks about her like she's the devil or something. I mean, of all the things to put your effort being mad about...

• Brohoof 5

@@KokuraiNoSenshi I'd argue that the only backlash she needs/needed was to be ignored.  That also has the added benefit of fitting into the "she's just a dumb kid being loud" angle. If she did something criminal, she should be held accountable. Otherwise, doing anything other than ignoring her is just going to give her the legitimacy she feels she has.

Really, this whole thing should have just been a big "meh" and over with from the get-go. I roll my eyes every time someone speaks about her like she's the devil or something. I mean, of all the things to put your effort being mad about...

Did you happen to see the horrible hatemail JJ got from the movement she started?

Did you happen to see the horrible hatemail JJ got from the movement she started?

Considering I don't know who JJ is or what movement you're talking about, no.

Edit: Sorry, I read it as the movement he started, and thought you were talking about something else. I'm sure DWM did send a ton of hate mail, that's kind of their MO. I still think she is better off ignored than harassed.

Edited by TenorSounds

While I don't agree with the level of hate directed at her, simply saying "She's a dumb kid who says dumb things" and then acting like she doesn't deserve at least minor backlash is like saying someone with anger issues who hits their bf/gf doesn't deserve to have legal action taken against them. Except in this case, it is worse, since as a kid she needs to understand that people like certain things and that she cannot just take on these crusades like this whenever she sees something she doesn't like. This attitude is what leads to groups like the WBC having their absolutely disgusting propaganda spread during a soldier's funeral, all because they didn't like someone. At that point, is it the soldier's family's fault that their son/daughter fought for this country, or the WBC who is doing this crusade? I mean, the WBC is fighting against something that is "wrong" in some circles, why shouldn't they have the right to take to the streets with their words? Now I am not trying to say that PinkiePony is as bad as the WBC, all I am saying is that where do we draw the line between where "Let people say what they want to say" and "Dumb kids will say dumb things" becomes abuse, verbal assault, and vitriol towards others?

It's not really so much a free speech thing I'm concerned about. The main thing is that the attacks are largely on her, and not her ideas. Writing "this is why DWM is wrong" is okay. Writing about "This is why Pinkie Pony is a c*nt" isn't.

Criticism is a healthy part of the marketplace of ideas. Cyberbullying a teenage girl isn't.

• Brohoof 5

It's not really so much a free speech thing I'm concerned about. The main thing is that the attacks are largely on her, and not her ideas. Writing "this is why DWM is wrong" is okay. Writing about "This is why Pinkie Pony is a c*nt" isn't.

Criticism is a healthy part of the marketplace of ideas. Cyberbullying a teenage girl isn't.

I don't think people understood that when I meant "backlash" I did NOT mean threats, stalking, and cyberbullying. I meant that she needs to understand that she cannot just do this kind of stuff without expecting people to be upset and fight back. While people DID take it too far, the response against her is understandable, if over done. I just want her to learn she needs to have respect for others and their feelings, instead of just going overboard on her own. Complaining about Molestia is ok, shutting it down (or at least assisting in it's shutdown) is not. They have every right to make their content, and she has every right to not like it. Agree to disagree, as the saying goes

• Brohoof 2

I'm just going to keep my post short and sweet since this sort of topic puts me in a rather bad mood...

I don't like PinkiePony. When I think of other anti-bronies like Dakari King Mykan, they seem very innocent compared to PP's alarming threats. I would see why many people would dislike Princess Molestia, and if you do, then that's fine by me. Everybody has opinions, obviously. I just kind of think that PP should realise that Molestia is a joke and is not making fun of her traumas.

You say that bronies are the blame for making fun of her? Well I say that her insults are no different. I could list as much of the things as what she did, such as making a lot of "fedora" jokes, tried to tie in Hasbro in the DWM movement and even tried to sell her DWM merch at BABScon. There's also a Tumblr user called Tenaflyviper (one of my favourite pro-bronies), and she fought so hard to make sure that what PP has done are either lies or terrible. Heck, Tena even made a list on the things that PP has done.

You support PinkiePony? That's also fine by me, more power to you. I just wanted to express what I think of her, and that is she should realise that Molestia is a joke and not making fun of rape victims.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 2

Considering I don't know who JJ is or what movement you're talking about, no.

Edit: Sorry, I read it as the movement he started, and thought you were talking about something else. I'm sure DWM did send a ton of hate mail, that's kind of their MO. I still think she is better off ignored than harassed.

There's a difference between criticizing someone's actions(which lead to very bad things in this case) and harassing them. 

There's also the fact she kept making thinly veiled threats like saying she was going to harass people at cons and bring pepper spray(which I can just guess she'd have a malevolent use for)  

• Brohoof 1

There's a difference between criticizing someone's actions(which lead to very bad things in this case) and harassing them.

There's also the fact she kept making thinly veiled threats like saying she was going to harass people at cons and bring pepper spray(which I can just guess she'd have a malevolent use for)

No, she's just a dumb kid, she'd never do that, not should she be responsible for her actions. ;o Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 2

No, she's just a dumb kid, she'd never do that, not should she be responsible for her actions. ;o

OMG UR NOT R3SP3CT1NG OTH3RS U CNT DO THT!

Or should I use the "I hate satire" one instead? OMG UR NOT UND3RST4ND1NG TH3 SAT1R3!!!

Take your pick one which comedy angle I am going with

• Brohoof 2

See, this is the thing. Why do you even know or care that she said that?

Why is it so damn important that the world know how horrible PinkiePony is? Why are we catologing all the dumb shit she says?

• Brohoof 1

See, this is the thing. Why do you even know or care that she said that?

Why is it so damn important that the world know how horrible PinkiePony is? Why are we catologing all the dumb shit she says?

Because she actively seeks to harm people and has done horrible things others, and we hope she'll stop doing said horrible things if we give her enough shit about and call it out when it happens?

• Brohoof 3

Because she actively seeks to harm people and has done horrible things others, and we hope she'll stop doing said horrible things if we give her enough shit about and call it out when it happens?

Isn't that counter-productive though? I would think actions like that tend to add more fuel to the fire than anything else.

• Brohoof 1

Well the way it's being done is going to accomplish shit. It's just going to feed her victim complex. The only value it has is the entertainment value of having someone to hate.

And why her, anyway? If I had a nickel for every time someone said something stupid and hateful on the internet... Well there simply aren't enough nickels in circulation.

• Brohoof 1

Isn't that counter-productive though? I would think actions like that tend to add more fuel to the fire than anything else.

Ignoring her is telling her she can get away with this shit and face no repercussions. 

Well the way it's being done is going to accomplish shit. It's just going to feed her victim complex. The only value it has is the entertainment value of having someone to hate.

And why her, anyway? If I had a nickel for every time someone said something stupid and hateful on the internet... Well there simply aren't enough nickels in circulation.

She's gone much further than most(and some of us are just as quick to talking other people that do it as well)

• Brohoof 2

Ignoring her is telling her she can get away with this shit and face no repercussions. 

Unfortunately calling her out on her negative ways hasn't done much in and of itself, and from my own admittedly limited perspective, has only served to encourage her in her views and ways.

• Brohoof 2

C'est la vie. Some people are jerks and there isn't much you can do about it.

You can't change other people, you can only change yourself.

• Brohoof 2

Unfortunately calling her out on her negative ways hasn't done much in and of itself, and from my own admittedly limited perspective, has only served to encourage her in her views and ways.

C'est la vie. Some people are jerks and there isn't much you can do about it.

You can't change other people, you can only change yourself.

To be a bit mellow-dramatic "all it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing".

Saying "meh, just drama" is trivializing how horrible her actions were. 

To be a bit mellow-dramatic "all it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing".

Saying "meh, just drama" is trivializing how horrible her actions were. 

As much as I can agree to the statement, at the same time, it isn't universal. The actions of an internet bully or what-have-you can't be brought up in the same lengths as the great tyrants of the world.

In the end, you can't change her views; nor can you affect those that follow her and agree with her. Sure some may see the light, BUT they end up finding that out on their own in a number of cases.

I don't want to trivialize her actions, but I'm skeptical that confronting her has done much, if any, good.

• Brohoof 4

As much as I can agree to the statement, at the same time, it isn't universal. The actions of an internet bully or what-have-you can't be brought up in the same lengths as the great tyrants of the world.

In the end, you can't change her views; nor can you affect those that follow her and agree with her. Sure some may see the light, BUT they end up finding that out on their own in a number of cases.

I don't want to trivialize her actions, but I'm skeptical that confronting her has done much, if any, good.

It lets the people she's wronged know we're on their side and in support of them, and let's other people she mind rope in no what she's really like.

It lets the people she's wronged know we're on their side and in support of them

All right, I can see meaning in that statement. Considering everything there, I can see where the support would be welcome.

and let's other people she mind rope in no what she's really like.

While I see the intention here, I'm skeptical of the overall success rate there. While I am sure that some could be convinced, I can't help but feel the the majority mob would feed off if it and find it as encouragement.

• Brohoof 2