Life-Size Version of Scootaloo's Scooter

Scoot-a-Rebel

So this is my latest creation. I literally just finished it this morning. This is a life-size version of Scootaloo's scooter. I made it for the Scootaloo costume I've been working on and will be bring this with me to every brony con I attend this year (as well as a few other conventions). I

This originally started as a long plank of wood, some pvc pipes, and eva foam. After putting countless amount of hours into it and roughly about 16 days, it now looks like Scootaloo's scooter! I used skateboard trucks for the wheels so this can be riden around.

I did take a video of me testing it out, it can be viewed on my YouTube.

I have more photos of this build on my Facebook page and a few on my DeviantART.

post-12176-0-43146900-1359344161_thumb.jpg

post-12176-0-93514000-1359344183_thumb.jpg

post-12176-0-02318500-1359344199_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 10

Well thats a pretty darn amazing thing :D.

I wonder if Scootaloo's Scooter is going to show up after if fell down that waterfall though, I haven't seen it since then so it does make me kinda wonder :P.

Anyways, its something new to see this type of thing, and it looks pretty well done to me, I can't really say anything I find off with it, but I can't really remember Scootaloo's Scooter that well at this moment anyways :P.

Great job! Looks pretty sweet :D.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I will definitely be taking a lot more photos of this scooter, as well as I know a lot of people probably will too. Some of the brony conventions I'm attending this year are small but I know it'll light up some people's eyes.

I made sure when I built this to follow every angle that I could of it. With how the handlebars don't attach to the wheels, how thick the board is, how the center of the handlebars looks. I have a thing with paying attention to every detail. The photo doesn't give it justice but I even matched up the colors perfectly, for both the top and bottom/side colors. The only thing I did not do is add the blue lines to show the cracks and such in the wood, mostly because the board already had it's own lines and I liked them slightly better.

Here's one of the reference images I used to make it:

post-12176-0-78532800-1359435789_thumb.png

That's amazing.  You're almost a real life CMC from the way you describe putting things together in your profile.  And the fact that you wore Scootaloo colors when posing with it is icing on the cake.  Nice job!  :)

It looks like you're a brand new member.  I should go and comment on your "introducing myself" post in welcoming plaza, if you made one.  But you appear to be off to a flying start so it's almost moot now. 

Edited by Wingnut