Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls won't release in the UK!

walale12

So, last week, I emailed Hasbro UK, asking if they would release Equestria Girls in UK/International cinemas. Yesterday, I received a reply, which basically stated that they didn't have any plans to release it. So, any other UK bronies, What do you think of this?

post-7809-0-93690600-1369807267_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

Wow... I live in the U.S. and won't have this problem IF I decide to watch it (which I probably won't). However, that sucks for all the international Bronies out there. 

All I can say is that I hope Hasbro will reconsider this decision and make it available internationally.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The show never really picked up here in the UK, it didnt help that they put it on the Boomerang channel, a channel where they show really old boring cartoons :/

They spelt it 'Theatres' in the trailer though so I was hoping they were referring to the entire west lol

Although the merchendise did pick up

Edited by DrTheKay
  • Brohoof 1

The show never really picked up here in the UK, it didnt help that they put it on the Boomerang channel, a channel where they show really old boring cartoons :/

They spelt it 'Theatres' in the trailer though so I was hoping they were referring to the entire west lol

It may never have picked up, but there are still Bronies that will be missing out on it. Unless they resort to certain practices that are frowned upon... 

It may never have picked up, but there are still Bronies that will be missing out on it. Unless they resort to certain practices that are frowned upon... 

Still, we have to wait until it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray, if we want to watch it on YouTube, otherwise we'd have to deal with really rubbish camera quality.

I live in Germany and I have the same problem (it seems it's not being released in Europe at all).

BUT... I still have hope and this is what brings me here (normaly I frequent a German Brony Forum).

I live close to an U.S. military housing installation... and it's not exactly strictly military... I mean those ones that are like a small city for the family members with shopping mals and High Schools and MOVIE THEATERS for the kids.

So I was hoping maybe a military brony who is stationed in Germany reads this and could tell me if, when and where it gets shown on base in Germany???? sad.png

Oh well, I won't be missing out on much. I was never really that optimistic about EG once I saw the trailer. It'll pop up on YT within a few days of release though.

• Brohoof 1

Fascinating that they're not pushing this in Europe, given that the Europe market was the only thing that kept G2 alive at all. Out of curiosity, did they push G3 & G3.5 over there at the time?

(edited)

I doubt there'll be a theatrical release of it. There never is with most anime films either.

The most people in the UK/Europe can expect is a run on TV, or a low quality DVD release. 
Oh well, I doubt I'll watch it anyway, but if I do, I'm sure it'll be on the internet somewhere. 

Edited by Apocalyptic_Unicorn

Aw, that sucks! D:

That means every UK brony (myself included) is gonna have to wait till Fall D: In fact, a little after since we have to wait for it to go on Amazon! ><

Luckily, I have a multi-region DVD player, but I hope everyone else finds a way to watch it D:

NOOOOOO!!! That's so unfair! I was looking forward to seeing it! :( There's nothing like watching a film in the cinema, and now it looks like we won't be able to! Ah well, at least there'll be a DVD...

• Brohoof 1

Fascinating that they're not pushing this in Europe, given that the Europe market was the only thing that kept G2 alive at all. Out of curiosity, did they push G3 & G3.5 over there at the time?

I don't think so; as far as everyone was concerned when I tell them of G.4 is, "I thought MLP stopped in, like, the 80s/90s?" which was my thoughts too, until I became a brony, of course ^0^

But, na, I don't think it was ever released here :s There're not even showing G4 anymore D:

Well, if it's not going to be released in the U.K., I think there'll be no chances to see it here in Italy. Not a big deal, I mean, I really don't like the italian voices, but still...

I wouldn't be surprised if someone managed to pirate the movie to YouTube so everyone can download it as they please. Or someone could easily live stream it after a few months or so.

It's not even showing it in my area so I'm more or less the same as UK is right now.

Damn. You lucky, lucky bastards.

Wait, there are people in this thread who actually WANT to see it? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY? People. Just why?

You know, this is the exact kind of responses we get from parisprites when we say we're watching MLP. You should really reconsider and give it a chance, like you must have done with MLP.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

i live in holland and it isn't airing here either. i guess i'll have to wait for it to come on DVD, but then it'll have those horrible dutch dubs sad.png  maybe i should just get it from th US or something, i really want to see it

Edited by repsol rave

You know, this is the exact kind of responses we get from parisprites when we say we're watching MLP. You should really reconsider and give it a chance, like you must have done with MLP.

I only gave MLP a chance when 50% of the internet said how awesome it was

unless you're one of the very few 4chan users who watched it at the beginning, same applies to you

I need a REASON to give it a chance, something to counter the many reasons it looks bad (RD in a skirt, Twilight's boyfriend, prom crap)

Noooo I've been searching the Internet all day.. Can't find it :( I kept thinking I'd found it but you always have to complete surveys or sign up using your personal details, which is always most likely a scam. BUT I've read among my desperate searches that the DVD release will be on August 6, so not long, from Amazon, so hopefully I can buy dat for me :3 but I'm soooo jealous of all of you guys getting to watch it in cinema.. And I woke up this morning like YAY EQUESTRIA GIRLS even though I won't get to see it :(

Noooo I've been searching the Internet all day.. Can't find it sad.png I kept thinking I'd found it but you always have to complete surveys or sign up using your personal details, which is always most likely a scam. BUT I've read among my desperate searches that the DVD release will be on August 6, so not long, from Amazon, so hopefully I can buy dat for me :3 but I'm soooo jealous of all of you guys getting to watch it in cinema.. And I woke up this morning like YAY EQUESTRIA GIRLS even though I won't get to see it sad.png

the really annoying thing though is that we're bound to stumble upon spoilers before that time, or, even worse, have someone completely and utterly spoil the storyline :(

@@Righteous Fury

You are the kind of people that give the brony community a bad name.

So, let me ask you...was a wedding with an alicorn and Twilight's older brother who looked like a Mary Sue sound like a good episode? No? Well, didn't they have some form of epic twist at the end?

In this movie...

SUNSET SHIMMER TURNS INTO A FREAKING DEMON.

Is that kid-like? lolno. If you gave the Canterlot Wedding a chance, then perhaps you should follow 'Love and Tolerence' and give it a chance.

And besides, about 20%, tops, of the internet think MLP is awesome. The rest hate it. And besides, 80% of the people here think EQG is going to be awe-some.