Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Is the Playstation 4 dying? Sony messed up?

Celestial Wish

Is it true that you cannot play PS3 games on PS4? If the answer is yes then I would say that PS4 won't live long.

Not just PS4, but Xbone isn't backwards compatible either... neither are. Sony has been speaking lightly on wanting to have some sort digital streaming for older gen games.. but that is a fluffy rumor.

To be honest I likes ps, ps2 and psp, I don't like any other sony consoles. I love all the Xboxs, but i feel the xbox one is lacking a bit, maybe once halo gets released I'll feel different.

• 2 years later...

Ps4 hasn't fucked up. Countless exclusives coming out like every freakin month. The thing puts the entire PS3 library to shame and it hasnt even reached the end of its life yet. Wtf is OP talking about.... *scrolls up* OH... 2014.... xD

For the sake of reference, I have both a Ps4 Pro and an Xbox One. Sold my Wii U about a year ago after playing Xenoblade Chronicles X for 200 + hours. The aforementioned game completely shits on everything I have played on either Sony or Microsoft's current Gen systems. Hell, the last game able to compete with Xenoblade X for me, was Shadow of the Colossus back in 2005. Both Microsoft and Sony are offering great games this gen, but nothing TOO spectacular. Forza Horizon 3 and The Last Guardian being the best games I have played on each console respectively. 

• 4 years later...

According to various sources, PS4 sold more games than any other console. It doesn't really mean that there have been more PS4s sold than any other console, but it does mean that the PS4 is far from being dead.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2021/04/28/ps4-games-sales-record/

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/04/ps4_has_sold_more_games_than_any_other_console_in_history

I’m sure the PS5 will ultimately push out the PS4 but Sony is doing themselves no favors by playing the same old game of creating scarcity right from the first day of release. If they don’t put enough product out for people to buy, customers will end up paying premium prices to scalpers for the limited number available. That brings little return to Sony and only alienates the otherwise interested public. Only when the PS5 becomes widely available in the mainstream will it have much effect on the PS4 because right now PS4 is still the console that most people can get and remains in wide use.