Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Think Tirek Would Be Poisoned If He Ate Dark Magic?

Denim&Venöm

Suppose instead Twilgiht fed him her dark magic, like the kind demonstrated in Crystal Empire pt.2 or in some alternate universe Tirek tried to feed on Sombra. Do think Tirek would suffer negative effects from eating dark magic?

According to Zecora, dark magic is alicorn magic, please use the correct terminology

Dark magic in show canon is stuff like the book that possessed Rarity

Regardless, Tirek ate alicorn magic just fine

He ate Discord's magic so no, it obviously has no bad effects on him. Especially since it was pure bad magic, since Discord is the embodiment of everything opposite to the magics of the good ponies & others in Equestria

He ate Discord's magic so no, it obviously has no bad effects on him. Especially since it was pure bad magic, since Discord is the embodiment of everything opposite to the magics of the good ponies & others in Equestria

How is Discord pure evil? Or an embodiment of anything

How is Discord pure evil? Or an embodiment of anything

They have said multiple times that Discord embodies chaos, & that would basically equate to him being pure evil, since his entire character revolves around causing chaos. While I guess you could debate him being "pure evil" if the show is going to refer to him as an embodiment of chaos then I am going to as well

They have said multiple times that Discord embodies chaos, & that would basically equate to him being pure evil, since his entire character revolves around causing chaos. While I guess you could debate him being "pure evil" if the show is going to refer to him as an embodiment of chaos then I am going to as well

Chaos isn't inherently evil though. As Celestia said, Discord's magic, which is Chaos, can be used for good as well, which is what Discord has (relatively speaking) started doing.

• Brohoof 1

Chaos =/= Evil. Chaos is randomness, it can be good or bad but without it, stagnation occurs. 

According to Zecora, dark magic is alicorn magic, please use the correct terminology

Dark magic in show canon is stuff like the book that possessed Rarity

Regardless, Tirek ate alicorn magic just fine

Sombra used it. He wasn't an Alicorn. When Twilight first used it, she was still a unicorn. How is it alicorn magic again?

Chaos isn't inherently evil though. As Celestia said, Discord's magic, which is Chaos, can be used for good as well, which is what Discord has (relatively speaking) started doing.

Chaos =/= Evil. Chaos is randomness, it can be good or bad but without it, stagnation occurs. 

Again, I did admit that the former thing can be argued. I personally see chaos as evil, but that is my personal lifestyle. I prefer order & cause/effect to random chance, it is just what I am most comfortable with. While I can have chaotic order or a "clean mess" as my family & friends call it, I need to have some semblance of a working order with which to move forward on. However, people who can work without that would see chaos as less of an evil

@@Denim&Venom,

Tell that to Zecora

Again, I did admit that the former thing can be argued. I personally see chaos as evil, but that is my personal lifestyle. I prefer order & cause/effect to random chance, it is just what I am most comfortable with. While I can have chaotic order or a "clean mess" as my family & friends call it, I need to have some semblance of a working order with which to move forward on. However, people who can work without that would see chaos as less of an evil

The fact that you can even do anything different any day, even move a single inch differently is chaos

You may use your personal views on Chaos in this, but Celestia correctly identified that Discord's magic wasn't evil at all, and that's good enough for me.

....Screw it, Gurren Lagann time

JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! WE'LL CARVE OUR OWN PATH!

Have at it my friend!

You may use your personal views on Chaos in this, but Celestia correctly identified that Discord's magic wasn't evil at all, and that's good enough for me.

She did!?  :o I don't remember that part! Then again I am shleepy so... Bleh :blush:

She did!?  :o I don't remember that part! Then again I am shleepy so... Bleh :blush:

Let me actually make that part clearer: in the episode where they reformed Discord, she said that she believed his magic could be used for good. If Chaos is inherently evil, how could you ever use it for good? To me that clearly means it's not evil. (Though I don't think it's good either)

She was right in a sense: if Discord hadn't betrayed them and joined Tirek, he clearly would've been able to capture him and haul him in to Celestia to face her for his crimes. He easily put shackles around his arms and dodged his magic. He was able to use Chaos for good.

... Of course he then proceeded to do evil with it again, but that's because he's Discord, not because his magic is evil.

Another thing I want to point out is that normal Unicorn magic can be used for evil too, does that make it evil magic as well?

Let me actually make that part clearer: in the episode where they reformed Discord, she said that she believed his magic could be used for good. If Chaos is inherently evil, how could you ever use it for good? To me that clearly means it's not evil. (Though I don't think it's good either)

She was right in a sense: if Discord hadn't betrayed them and joined Tirek, he clearly would've been able to capture him and haul him in to Celestia to face her for his crimes. He easily put shackles around his arms and dodged his magic. He was able to use Chaos for good.

... Of course he then proceeded to do evil with it again, but that's because he's Discord, not because his magic is evil.

Another thing I want to point out is that normal Unicorn magic can be used for evil too, does that make it evil magic as well?

Hm... Ok, you do have a point there. I guess I was thinking more pre-reformed Discord XP as for the second part of that... Well if Discord can be good then I am pretty sure when you have Celestia knows how many unicorns there are going to be good ones & bad ones

Hm... Ok, you do have a point there. I guess I was thinking more pre-reformed Discord XP as for the second part of that... Well if Discord can be good then I am pretty sure when you have Celestia knows how many unicorns there are going to be good ones & bad ones

Yeah, that's how I feel too actually.

In my opinion, Pre-reformed Discord was definitely evil. Some people try to argue he wasn't evil just misunderstood, but to me, a lot of evil comes from not understanding other people. Discord didn't realize that friendship meant anything and just saw the ponies as playthings. Fluttershy and then Twilight changed his mind, thus turning him from evil to good and letting him use his magic for something other than evil.

To me, it's only natural that Chaos isn't evil magic, as Harmony isn't completely good either: they help balance each other out the way I see it.

Yeah, that's how I feel too actually.

In my opinion, Pre-reformed Discord was definitely evil. Some people try to argue he wasn't evil just misunderstood, but to me, a lot of evil comes from not understanding other people. Discord didn't realize that friendship meant anything and just saw the ponies as playthings. Fluttershy and then Twilight changed his mind, thus turning him from evil to good and letting him use his magic for something other than evil.

To me, it's only natural that Chaos isn't evil magic, as Harmony isn't completely good either: they help balance each other out the way I see it.

Ah the classic "Without chaos, there would be no order & vice versa* Argument. Which is completely correct XD Alright, you won. I concede. Rainblow Hash is best pon3

• Brohoof 1

Ah the classic "Without chaos, there would be no order & vice versa* Argument. Which is completely correct XD Alright, you won. I concede. Rainblow Hash is best pon3

Yep, that's what I'm going for. You need a little of both in life really.

Stroking Rainblow's ego will get you far, young Ponywan.

Have my brohoofs, dawg.

• Brohoof 1

Yep, that's what I'm going for. You need a little of both in life really.

Stroking Rainblow's ego will get you far, young Ponywan.

Have my brohoofs, dawg.

Thank you... Uh... clever-pun-for-jedi-knight. I would be honored to use the hoof of bros on your posts

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think Chaos Magic (and any other sorts of magic) is as evil or good as gravity: On the subjective matter, the Gravitiy that pulls down a large plane and kills everyone on board is bad, but the Gravity that stops us from being tossed into space is considered good. Its the same thing with Magic.

This doesn´t mean Chaos Magic isn´t dangerous. First, any kind of power is corruptive, and Chaos is a very strong power. And since Chaos Magic is, well, chaotic, it would be hard to control.

Also, Pinkie Pie seems to have some Chaos magic, as explained here.

And Tirek didn´t start to burn when he consumed Spikes Dragon Magic.

Edited by YetAnotherDiscord

I don't think Tirek would be "poisoned" if he ate dark magic because he himself is so evil.