Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Battlefield Hardline (October 21, 2014*)

Paladin Butters

(edited)

This and my other topic that covers Rainbow Six Siege, are both games that I found out that are existinct quiet recently due to a friend telling me, and I want to know other opinions about these games I'm in love. lol

Edited by Tyler95
  • Brohoof 1

It's something I want to try and like, but I have high doubts about this game, in fact I have a bad feeling about this.

loved Battlefield 3, got all the DLC and that too because it was that fun. Battlefield 4? Disappointing and it still has many unresolved issues that need to be fixed, I can enjoy it a little more these days BUT I'm not blind to the blaring problems it still has. I've got that feeling like Hardline will sink even lower than BF4 problems wise, which is a shame. I'm not too keen on the cops and robbers scenario either, when I think "Battlefield", cops and robbers doesn't even come to mind, that was until it apparently became a thing in the form of Hardline. When I first saw leaked images of weapons and vehicles my first thought was "This has to be fan made", apparently not.

We'll see what happens I guess.

So much for Bad Company 3 any time soon..  :(

I want to give Battlefield the benefit of doubt and try hardline,but somehow i feel ill just play one match and never play it again just like BF3-BF4...

Bad Company 1-2 were the only Battlefield's i truly liked..But idk,perhaps hardline will make Battlefield fun again(atleast for me)

• Brohoof 1

So much for Bad Company 3 any time soon..  :(

I want to give Battlefield the benefit of doubt and try hardline,but somehow i feel ill just play one match and never play it again just like BF3-BF4...

Bad Company 1-2 were the only Battlefield's i truly liked..But idk,perhaps hardline will make Battlefield fun again(atleast for me)

Let's hope that the new Star Wars Battlefront that I saw early game footage turns out great! The game looked real. :P

• Brohoof 2

It sounds interesting, but from what I've heard it doesn't do a whole lot to expand upon the new theme presented of the whole cops thing and robbing and all that. 

I heard it just kinda gives a new look to things, but the core gameplay hasn't changed much.

I hope they add some new modes or something to shake things up a bit, or anything really to add some uniqueness.

It sounds interesting though, its hard to say how it will turn out however right now, I guess we have to wait a bit and see.

Let's hope that the new Star Wars Battlefront that I saw early game footage turns out great! The game looked real. :P

Now THAT is something i look forward too  :P  LOVED Battlefront 1 and 2(for the love of god don't you ruin Battlefront for me EA,please :( )

• Brohoof 1

While this is essentially off topic, I fregin love Star Wars Battlefront, and I really hope it turns out as good as the others, i've been waiting for soooo long for a new Battlefront...

But that's for another topic lol.

• Brohoof 1

Now THAT is something i look forward too  :P  LOVED Battlefront 1 and 2(for the love of god don't you ruin Battlefront for me EA,please :( )

Lol, I also just realised that Battlefield 4 just came out, we don't need DICE turning into the new COD games 11 months apart.

Lol, I also just realised that Battlefield 4 just came out, we don't need DICE turning into the new COD games 11 months apart.

When i saw the announcement of Hardline i said the same thing,unfortunately it looks like that's exactly what's going to start happening  :(

When i saw the announcement of Hardline i said the same thing,unfortunately it looks like that's exactly what's going to start happening  :(

Well Battlefield 4 took longer than normal, you could almost say they spent all their time on both games? and maybe got so much positive feedback they wanted to return the favor and release the next game in their series. Plus I don't want Disney running DICE to extreme levels to not put love into their games anymore, :P

From what I saw in the e3 streams, and in articles elsewhere, hardline doesn't sound like it is going to really add in anything new to the bf franchise. It looked and sounded like a re-skinned bf4, and rather than having actual asymmetric warfare, it just just two differently skinned armies going head to head. I most likely won't buy it, as I already own bf4, and the MP looks to be the exact same. I only fear that battle field may fall to the same thing that claimed the modern warfare series, were it is the same game with different skins.

And they better have 3rd person, playable heros, and the "hunt" gamemode in battle front 3.

It sounds interesting, but from what I've heard it doesn't do a whole lot to expand upon the new theme presented of the whole cops thing and robbing and all that.    I heard it just kinda gives a new look to things, but the core gameplay hasn't changed much.

From what I saw in the e3 streams, and in articles elsewhere, hardline doesn't sound like it is going to really add in anything new to the bf franchise. It looked and sounded like a re-skinned bf4, and rather than having actual asymmetric warfare, it just just two differently skinned armies going head to head. I most likely won't buy it, as I already own bf4, and the MP looks to be the exact same. I only fear that battle field may fall to the same thing that claimed the modern warfare series, were it is the same game with different skins.

And they better have 3rd person, playable heros, and the "hunt" gamemode in battle front 3.

Sadly,this is what i fear. I doesn't look all that new at all,looks like a glorified expansion,heck i even thought it was at 1st glance...  :blush:

Is it fair to say all these games technology is advancing so fast that instead of looking more real, they're starting to all look like they were created by DICE? I mean look at Rainbow Six Seige... It looks completely like battlefield, now don't get me wrong I'm not complaining.. I think of it to be very interesting to talk about.

When I first read about it, people were making comparisons of it to Payday 2. I suppose it sort of is like Payday 2, in the sense that there are loot bags and cops and robbers.

It's like the Payday crew decided to invite a few more into the crew, clean out the armory of a small country then declare war on the LAPD.

Oh, and the loot. Might as well grab some loot on the way. Since we're here leveling the city.

I told a friend of mine who worked at Visceral and did some artwork for the game, "This DLC is pretty great, but the asking price is a bit high."

He just smiled.

Is it fair to say all these games technology is advancing so fast that instead of looking more real, they're starting to all look like they were created by DICE? I mean look at Rainbow Six Seige... It looks completely like battlefield, now don't get me wrong I'm not complaining.. I think of it to be very interesting to talk about.

For me it was mainly their gameplay demo. It looks like it plays so much like battlefield 4, that I am beginning to wonder if hardline is just an expansion they cut off of b4, and decided to extend a little more into its own game. Despite the fact they advertised cops vs criminals, they don't really have any elements of asymmetric warfare, as again all factions have equal and balanced teams. It just looks like a texture pack for bf4, no change to gameplay yet, but a different set of armies to have smash each other. If this was a $40 expansion, I'd have no issue buying it full sail, but if they are asking full retail price for something that is the BF equivalent of halo 3: ODST, I just cannot justify spending $70 on it.

Sadly,this is what i fear. I doesn't look all that new at all,looks like a glorified expansion,heck i even thought it was at 1st glance...  :blush:

If it was an expansion, I'd buy it. But since it doesn't change any core mechanics, or really add anything beyond the fps texture pack, I really cannot see spending full price on it. I just hope this isn't the direction dice is going.

• Brohoof 2

After thinking for a bit I've come to realize maybe this is just a way of DICE changing their way, I mean comon wasn't the all out war getting a little old? lol I'm glad their are coming out with another game, and glad it's a change for once. I've seen some of the gameplay from YouTubers showing it, It does look like BF4, but then again it isn't it's just the engine they used lol :P

Just as long as they don't screw up the release like they did with Battlefield 4, and it'll do just alright!

I got accepted into the beta and the game mode "Blood Money" is pretty fun. Although in my opinion, this should have just been a DLC for BF4 since its basically the same thing but with different game modes. And also just like Miaq said, i wouldnt want to pay $60-70 for a game that is almost the same as BF4 which i already have. If it was $20-40 then sure id buy it, but untll then i will wait for it to go on sale.

• Brohoof 2

I just wanted to say my favorite part about Hardline is the little objective indicator off to the bottom left, "STEAL MONEY"

I thought that was amusing. :okiedokielokie:

I got into the Beta on PC, the day of. and at first I was impressed. but then it just seemed kind of meh. It really didn't feel like cops and robbers. Cops and robbers implies car chases, shoot outs and criminals causing havoc. For Cops and RObbers, I can hop on GTA V and do all that. Not to mention the weapons. Imean, each side has the exact same weapon set ups. And those setups are military grade. It's not something criminals would be able to get their hands on, let alone the LAPD.The robbers also wouldn't have access to helicopters or armoured vehicles.....unless it was severely planned out, which this isn't...

Maybe it's just me being fed up with generic military FPS games. they all look the same.

• Brohoof 1

This actually doesn't look half bad. I was kind of disappointed with BF4, with it's game breaking glitches and what not. (Most of them are still there to this day.)

If Dice actually finishes this game before they release it, then I'll consider buying it. I'm getting kind of bored of war games, and this looks like an attempt at spicing things up by changing it from war to cops vs robbers. 

The concept is fantastic. Cops and robbers with the traditional Battlefield experience is a good idea. The problem is Battlefield 4. It was not finished in time because they were trying to race CoD to the shelves at Gamestop. As a result we got a game that was nerfed and had way too many issues to be enjoyable. I get that PS4 is out and the focus should be on the new software but don't nerf it for the millions that have a PS3. Battlefield 4 is the only game ive bought recently that just freezes whenever it wants to and there isn't anything that can be done. This game is going to be a test. If they crank this game out too fast and we have too many of the same problems as BF4 you can expect people to be upset and leave.

(edited)

Well i think EA will fuck up with this game hopefully because as far i have seen battlefield 4 on pc was a buggy unplayable mess 

call of duty advanced warfare has a hype around it  so i think battlefield hardline will have problems on the pc and if want a good cops vs robbers game get payday 2 too bad its not on ps4 and xbox one  

I got into the Beta on PC, the day of. and at first I was impressed. but then it just seemed kind of meh. It really didn't feel like cops and robbers. Cops and robbers implies car chases, shoot outs and criminals causing havoc. For Cops and RObbers, I can hop on GTA V and do all that. Not to mention the weapons. Imean, each side has the exact same weapon set ups. And those setups are military grade. It's not something criminals would be able to get their hands on, let alone the LAPD.The robbers also wouldn't have access to helicopters or armoured vehicles.....unless it was severely planned out, which this isn't...

Maybe it's just me being fed up with generic military FPS games. they all look the same.

Maybe They're an international crime circle? Who knows? Well only one way to find out: play the story 

Lets hope there gonna be instant action like the older 2 i find it funny because the most fun i had was with bots hopefully they won't fuck it up 

Edited by Saudi brony