Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it possible Princess Celestia is a horse?

TheodorePonievelt

I've always imagined she and Luna were like full size horses. They're taller than the other ponies and their bodies are shaped differently.

Every alicorn (Luna& celestia) has been known to be over or 1000 years old, but there is no back story yet. Just be patient maybe there will be a background story when Princess Cadence makes her debut on the season finale. Posted Image

Well, a thousand years of growing has to do something to you, right? I also think she is just an older version of a mare, but then again, they are all equines. They all are technically "horses," it is just that the word "pony" is supposed to mean a young horse. That's just all terminology though.

Okay... a pony is a horse the same way a zebra or gazelle is a horse. XD They're not horses, they are EQUINES (hence Equestria). Equine is their species the same as canine is dogs but not all dogs are huskies! C:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I hink that Celestia and Luna are both horses, and they rule over the ponies because people like horses better.

imo they look like horses with their long long legs

• 10 months later...
(edited)

I had to laugh.  So far, I think the best theory I have heard/seen came from my Roomie, who doesn't even watch the show, but hears me and some of her other friends talk about it.

Her theory is that it is related to Magical Power.  Princess Celestia has been established as currently being the strongest 'Good' power in the series.  She may very well be a marker for the tallest they might get.  Princess Luna and Cadence are younger, possibly by quite a bit, than Celestia, and their powers are not yet a strong as hers, but still far stronger then that of the average Unicorn, Sky Pony, or Earth Pony, who all seem to represent the standard height, as well as magical ability.  The theory was backed up by Luna being shorter when her power was diminished after being freed from the Night Mare Moon form, and then she gains height again as she returns to her full power. (Borrowing from Lauren Faust's own unofficial quote.)

Cadence is also closer to the average pony height when she is still Twilight's foal sitter, but is closer to Luna's height when they meet again.

I think this Theory would also support that as her magic grows through training and refinement, Twilight Sparkle could also eventually grow taller.  This might also explain why Shining Armor is also tall, (beyond being a stallion as well, so having a bit of extra height already, as the Stallions in general seem to be taller then their female counterparts, even if by just a little), as well as King Somber, and Queen Chrysalis.  All of these ponies have been proven to have far stronger then normal magical powers, and are also taller then the rest.  (Except Twili, not yet at least). 

Don't know if this is it for sure, but it did cover a lot of bases, and was a pretty solid theory as to how that could all work.

Edited by Genisay
  • Brohoof 1

She's not a horse. She's just a type of alicorn pony thing that's tall. Luna should reach the same height when she's fully grown. Hell, Celestia's taller than Saddle Arabian horses.

(edited)

Wait a sec, hold up.

I hink that Celestia and Luna are both horses, and they rule over the ponies because people like horses better.

People like horses better? Really? Where the hell did you get that from, this is a my little PONY forum, after all. Unless...

OP confirmed for Ellis!

img-1230251-1-TKNbj90.png

EDIT: I really should read the damn timestamp....

Edited by Spess

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony

There are ponies that are as big as horses. Apparently the differences between horses and ponies is that ponies have thicker mane and tail which would make sense because these my little ponies have some really long manes and tails. Celestia as well so she's just an overgrown pony.

But then again they can be horses since pegasus and unicorns are supposed to be a variant of horse just with wings and horns. Or unicorns could actually be rhinoceros hence their horns were valued items.

No she's an evolved alicorn

However those two Saddle Arabians we saw in Magic Duel appear to be more horse like, no cutie marks and no horns or wings either so I'm assuming they could be Horses.

That feel when people are brohoofing a post you made almost an entire year ago.

All silliness aside -- ponies are small horses, so all of the mane cast are considered as such. Mares and stallions who have not been castrated.

Guys Celestia is just taller then other ponies because she is more powerful than the others and the animators made her bigger to show this. Same thing with Luna, seeing as she is less powerful than Celestia but more powerful than regular ponies, she happens to be shorter than Celestia and taller than regular ponies.

A horse on MLP? sounds sketchy. I think there is a spy amongst us... xD

That alicorn's a spy!

Well Cel does call her subjects "My little ponies"  so she

could be a horse but speaking of growing up,  Princess Candace is

fully grown up for a alicorn but smaller then Luna and Cel

and Twilight is still the same size?   And she was fully grown up

as a pony so is she going to grow up more?