Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it possible Princess Celestia is a horse?

TheodorePonievelt

She's a mare, an older version of a filly (epic fail by me there).

A horse is exactly that, just a horse. No inclination of gender so I'd say she is a mare.

Edited by Gingerpotato

I don't think she's an older version of ponies. If that was the case, how would you explain older ponies like granny Smith?

I really don't think they get taller with age. I believe it has to do with being a divine creature like an alicorn.

• Brohoof 8

She's a mare, an older version of a pony.

A horse is exactly that, just a horse. No inclination of gender so I'd say she is a mare.

nope, ponies are always ponies even when they're old. young horses are not ponies, they are young horses. they have the same names for gender and age (filly, colt, mare, etc) because they're very closely related, but they're not the same thing. ponies will not grow up into horses. It's probable that Celestia and Luna are horse Alicorns instead of ponies, but like i said, they're very close the only real difference is size.

You are kidding right?

I pretty much just shot myself when I looked back at my comment and saw "Mares are older version of ponies".

I wish I could say that I was joking but my brain seemed to have ceased it's normal activities and instead turned me into a un-biologically correct fool.

It is fixed :lol:

• Brohoof 3

I've always thought that Celestia and Luna are not native to Equestria. They are either beings from another world, or actually Goddesses. They found an equine world, named it Equestria, and decided to guide the development of the primitive ponies living there. I'm not saying this trying to be funny. This is my own theory of how the Alicorns came to be the rulers. Of course my theory will probably go down the toilet in the season ending two parter! .

No, I don't think there has been any horses on the show yet. Maybe Celestia and Luna have a secret(?)(?)

Everypony needs to realize that a pony is just a small horse. It says so on Wikipedia. So, ponies are horses. If Princess Celestia is a pony, then she is also a horse!

Prehaps Alicorns were common at one time and like Celestia they were tall, maybe Alicorns were wiped out and the only remaining were Luna and Celestia who according to S2 E1 overthrew Discord (meaning it has nothing to do with being ruler of equestria)

Simple, she is basically a god(dess) and can choose what she wanted.

Either that or her age made her larger, notice in the second episode after Nightmare Moon was defeated, she was larger, and taller than Luna?

Hmmmm

I'm on to something here!

Edited by Darkshadow Dash

Everypony needs to realize that a pony is just a small horse. It says so on Wikipedia. So, ponies are horses. If Princess Celestia is a pony, then she is also a horse!

You are so right. I knew that a pony is a horse. My brain isn't working very well when I have been awake for 48 hours

• Brohoof 2