Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of my art?

(edited)

So I have some drawing here, I am not sure how I feel about them but I want you all to tell me how they are. Rate them on a scale of 1 to 10, things you like, things that look weird. I have never let anybody see my art so I just am wondering how good I am. I have thick skin so don't be afraid to criticize just please be civil. Thanks! :D

post-26222-0-04766400-1403495894_thumb.jpgpost-26222-0-74813100-1403495914_thumb.jpg Apple Jack and RD post-26222-0-11369000-1403495935_thumb.jpg Fluttershy post-26222-0-21626800-1403495963_thumb.jpgpost-26222-0-78219500-1403495984_thumb.jpg Rarity and Twilight Sparkle post-26222-0-76815400-1403496005_thumb.jpg Pinkie Pie post-26222-0-07694500-1403496027_thumb.jpg Celestia post-26222-0-96832900-1403496050_thumb.jpg Luna post-26222-0-91913700-1403496073_thumb.jpg

Lots of you should recognize this last one.

Please let me know what you think, Thanks!

Edited by Eldwain
  • Brohoof 7

Ok first I am going to admit these all pretty good and the only things I could spot were minor things that only bug me because I am nit picky about proportions when I draw ponies.

now usually I don't get very harsh when I give my opinion on fan art but I also know how annoying it can be when everyone keeps saying "It looks great" when you asked so that you can improve your art and as a heads up I always avoid the word perfect because their will always be room to improve upon, so here it goes.

Rainbow dash: this one seems just fine in most aspects the only flaw that I find apparent is how her stomach gets so thin past her rib cage it makes her look malnourished.

AppleJack: the legs that are bent they seem to be to thin near the bottom they need to gradually get thicker as you get closer the the bottom of the leg.

Fluttershy: I can find no real fault here that I can point out .

Rarity: Neck is a bit two long otherwise it is really good.

Twilight: really good no apparent faults here.

Pinkie pie: again no outstanding faults.

Celestia: while the solar monarch does have long slender legs you may have over exaggerated that trait a bit here.

Luna: nothing huge but the legs should again get a little thicker towards the bottom of a leg.

and for that last one I think it's great the way it is.

overall I think you have done a wonderful job especially if this is your first time showing off your work keep it up and practice a bit with a ponies proportions.

• Brohoof 1

Ok first I am going to admit these all pretty good and the only things I could spot were minor things that only bug me because I am nit picky about proportions when I draw ponies. now usually I don't get very harsh when I give my opinion on fan art but I also know how annoying it can be when everyone keeps saying "It looks great" when you asked so that you can improve your art and as a heads up I always avoid the word perfect because their will always be room to improve upon, so here it goes. Rainbow dash: this one seems just fine in most aspects the only flaw that I find apparent is how her stomach gets so thin past her rib cage it makes her look malnourished. AppleJack: the legs that are bent they seem to be to thin near the bottom they need to gradually get thicker as you get closer the the bottom of the leg. Fluttershy: I can find no real fault here that I can point out . Rarity: Neck is a bit two long otherwise it is really good. Twilight: really good no apparent faults here. Pinkie pie: again no outstanding faults. Celestia: while the solar monarch does have long slender legs you may have over exaggerated that trait a bit here. Luna: nothing huge but the legs should again get a little thicker towards the bottom of a leg. and for that last one I think it's great the way it is. overall I think you have done a wonderful job especially if this is your first time showing off your work keep it up and practice a bit with a ponies proportion.

Thanks for the specific critique. Ya, my proportions are the really big i thing I need to work on, but you pointed somethings out to me that I did not notice before, I really appreciate the feed back.  

In fact thank you all for the feed back, it is nice to know I don't suck at this!

(edited)
don't be afraid to criticize

RD looks anorexic, Rarity is a giraffe, Fluttershy's head is a wee bit too small, AJ and Luna's legs are too thin, and a lot of your eyes came out kinda potato shaped. I can see that what you're having the most problems with is proportions. I also see from some of these poses that you've been using reference images, which I find is a good way to practice getting proportions and such right. It's a pretty good idea until you get the hang of their general shape and stuff, and I do see improvement throughout the drawings. Now you should also try practicing without a reference, that way you can draw them any time, any place, in any position.

THAT BEING SAID, the last one's rather nice and the Celestia isn't half bad either. Her legs are a little bit longer than they should be if you were going for "show-accurate", but it doesn't look bad, so that's one of those things you can just pass off as "art style".

Edited by Chrysler
  • Brohoof 1

Very nice! I like your line composition. Very clean and bold, and you have a unique style. 

Something that would make these stand out more, would be to make the coloring more solid~ 

Add more similar pigments to the color blends, possibly work on building depth. 

• Brohoof 1

Very nice! I like your line composition. Very clean and bold, and you have a unique style. 

Something that would make these stand out more, would be to make the coloring more solid~ 

Add more similar pigments to the color blends, possibly work on building depth. 

Thanks, I am glad you like them! I am Having a hard time coloring them because I am using the only coloring method available to me right now, which is a random mess of crappy colored pencils. I really want to go out and get some good high quality markers. Do you have any suggestions on which brand to go with?  Or maybe a different way to color them? 

Good work, I love the Pinkie Pie and Twilight pictures. Everything looks awesome, just practice with proportions. Other than that, awesome job!

• Brohoof 1