books What're Your Favorite Manga?

SeraphStar

OK, so I couldn't find a thread with this title, so here we go (if there is already a thread like this, sorry).

I think we all know what manga is (Japanese comic books, traditionally read right-to-left): it's what most of our favorite anime are based off of, examples being: Naruto, Inuyasha, One Piece and other big names.

Manga come in all types of genres (though typically separated into Shōnen (boy's manga: action/adventure, robot combat, etc.) and Shōjō (girl's manga: love stories, bi-shōnen, etc.)), and in Japan are also used by government agencies to help people understand various things: passing your written test for your DL might've been easier if the study guide were a manga, just sayin' :) .

Also, and probably the most important point IMO is that, from manga, we get the real story: how the original author and artist wanted the story told. (Imagine if Lauren Faust had total creative control over MLP ... *mind blown* :o ). Also, sometimes when going from manga → anime, we may get crap. Case in point: Fruits Basket (anime) :eww: I love Furuba, and the anime dishonored it. No exceptions. :okiedokielokie:

So, what're your favorite manga? Mine are:

• Furuba (Fruits Basket)

• Tactics

• Naruto + Naruto Shippuden

• Ruroni Kenshin

• Spiral

• Inukami

• Kimikiss

• Kashimashi

I haven't really gotten that much into manga. Some manga I've read though directly relates to animes I've seen like Pokemon, Wolf's Rain, and Sailor Moon. 

• Brohoof 1

I just learned today (my job is awesome, sometimes) that there is a Legend of Zelda manga (box set). Ocarina of Time pt. 1 & 2, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages & Seasons, the Minish Cap and more! (10 books total) :o

I haven't read any of them, but just the fact that this exists is awesome in and of itself. ^_^

post-27079-0-46536500-1404615254_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I actually don't read a ton of manga. I'm more of an anime person. That's not to say that I don't like my manga though. 

My favorite manga series are probably the ones I pay money for. (The ones I own.) Which would be

• Naruto
  • Bleach
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Rosario Vampire
  • Death Note

I really have to start reading manga online for free. It's so much cheaper!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

There was only one manga I could stand to read. Not surprisingly, the anime they made out of it was the only anime I could stand to watch. This single shining jewel is Initial D.

Edited by Hachi-Roku
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Please ignore this post- I'm losing track of where I'm editing and not. It would be nice if the mods would delete this as well.

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy

I haven't read manga in years, but back when I did some of my favorites were Black Cat, Death Note, Bleach, M.A.R (Marchen Awakens Romance) and Rurouni Kenshin.

• Brohoof 1

I just learned today (my job is awesome, sometimes) that there is a Legend of Zelda manga (box set). Ocarina of Time pt. 1 & 2, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages & Seasons, the Minish Cap and more! (10 books total) :o

I haven't read any of them, but just the fact that this exists is awesome in and of itself. ^_^

Did I already mention Legend of Zelda? OMYGOSH- their take on Volvagia is heartbreaking~

BabyVolvagia.png

• Brohoof 2