Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Im confused.

Steelwing
Go to solution Solved by Quilava,

So the rules say that only work I created is allowed here.

I made a video of the Clip for "This Day Aria" is mixed with the "All Levels At Once's remix". Does that mean I can post it here?

(edited)

Yes, yes you can.

If you want to post it, that kind of stuff goes in Fan Music.

I misread your post. What you've made is actually called a PMV. That would actually belong in Other Fan Works.

Edited by Ashley

In my opinion, it depends.  Yet, if it were the whole/original song, then you can't.  If you did as in, remixing it (using any musical alterations), then yes you can post it in the Fan Music Section.  I recommend you ask the Staff first, b/c I would have to see it myself in order to give you a decision.  

However, if you want you can post the video here, that way we can see it and give you a "yes" or "no".

To clarify a bit better on what has said:

If you are merely posting the song itself with no other content beyond the music and isn't of your own creation, then you may not post it. However, should it be something more of a PMV or other video containing edits, sound and vid syncing, etc that you yourself put together and are merely using the song as an addition to the video, then this is allowed. Even then, proper credit to the original artist who made the song is always a good thing to include. With that being said, depending on whether or not the video includes ponies, the best place to post your works would either be in the Other Fan Works section (if pony) or in the Non-Pony Artwork section of Octavia's Hall and tag the post with the 09BaxP2.png tag.

Should this be a remix of an original song, then you are completely allowed to post your works. This can be done by placing it on another site such as soundcloud, or, even better, Pony.fm ( ;) ) and linking it in your post. Again, credit to the origins are always nice. As stated above, music would then go into the Fan Music section if in relation to pony, or in the Non-Pony Artwork section listed with the pC3KBIk.png tag.

Should there still be any doubt, please do not hesitate to either PM anyone from staff here or even send in a ticket. Always better safe then sorry. ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.