Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are the Mane 6 only renowned heroines in Ponyville/Canterlot

TheMarkz0ne

I watch the show and even though I have cycled the series 2 times. I notice in the later episodes that involve places such as Apple looza (Granted it was earlier in the series ). But then we have places like Manehattan and the unexplored Fillydelphia. You notice in Manehattan, that no city ponies are giving the Mane 6 the slightest attention. Why do you think so? Just because they're city ponies and they never heard about the defeat of Nighmare Moon? Discord's defeat? Chrysalis and her changelings thwarted? Or even their Crystal Empire being protected from Sombra? I know they need to fit so much into 22 minutes. But I want to see the Mane 6 have like this super heroine status for all the work they have done.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

img-2892417-1-514863__safe_solo_twilight

Dat lack of recognition

They've had that status of no pony ever really knowing them or caring for a long time now.  The first real time that Twilight actually gets acknowledged for her princess status is the first episode of Season 4 (Princess Twilight Sparkle) and that happens because Celestia and Luna went missing (our back up princess now gets to take up the reins, temporarily).  Twi's princesshood doesn't really get acknowledged again until much later in the series (starting from Trade Ya! and onwards, where she actually gets noticed). 

But it's really just funny.  No one outside of Ponyville or Canterlot (it's made funny when all the fillies and colts of Ponyville suddenly acknowledge the status in 'Twilight Time') but outside of those two main areas, meh.  The cities of Equestria seem to do whatever they want, others questioned if they were just some vague coalition of city states that had fairly autonomous ruling or just simply didn't care about the events that go on outside of their cities.  

It's probably lack of hindsight on writers to not notice, huh, you'd figure Twilight and co. should get more recognition for what they have done really.  Although, Spike also got recognition in the Crystal Empire, so that's at least fair.

Maybe it's just a regional thing, Manehatten hasn't been attacked by anything, (not sure if Tirek went there), and since nothing bad happened there, maybe Manehattenites are just not aware of disasters going on in other cities, and maybe nothing has touched those cities for them to acknowledge some disaster went on while mane cast fixed it.  

Or it could be just the show trying to hint at being humble about your accomplishments? We don't need to make a big deal out of things and probably to make characters more relatable as @@Vixor has said.

Edited by pony.colin
  • Brohoof 1

Daring Do maybe? There's probably a lot of heroism going on behind the scenes. Plus the possibility of conflict in the world outside Equestria. We still don't know much about the badlands where Tirek and Scorpan lived. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a very violent region.

• Brohoof 1

It does really seem like they should be getting a lot more recognition, but honestly I'm a little glad they the show doesn't make other ponies constantly praise them everywhere they go, as it makes them more relatable when they are treated like normal ponies.

• Brohoof 1

It does really seem like they should be getting a lot more recognition, but honestly I'm a little glad they the show doesn't make other ponies constantly praise them everywhere they go, as it makes them more relatable when they are treated like normal ponies.

I'd have to agree with this. I mean I can understand some gratitude being expected, but I honestly haven't had much of an issue with how the Mane 6 are treated outside of Ponyville & Canterlot, as well as the Crystal Empire. I mean, what do you expect? For everyone to treat them like royalty or to applaud every time they step into a crowded building?

This is something I hate, because it doesn't make any sense that outside of Ponyville nobody knows the mane 6.

I wish there was an episode where their feats were stated in the newspapers throughout Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

Well, Twilight does not seem to have any authority outside of, you know, emergencies.

As for the Mane 6, yeah, they saved the day.

But I'm sure the inhabitants of Manehatten have much more important businesses to attend to.

However, after that thing with the rainbows at the end of season 4, I'm sure, things will be different in season 5.

You know, with the castle and stuff in Ponyville...