Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A cult in MLP?

ggg-2

after watching the animatic clip from Comicon a few times.....a thought came to me, specifically about that town/village/community/colony/whatever the hoof you wanna call it.  maybe i'm looking too far into it, especially since we don't know the whole story yet, but......am I the only one who thought of a cult? think about it. a community where literally EVERYPONY has the exact same cutie mark, and those smiles.....those creepy, creepy smiles.....so, yeah....Could this be referencing a cult?

People who didn't go to Comicon have no idea what you're talking about.

It's also on ChikoritaBrony's blog. You won't be able to find it if you search it on YouTube as it's delisted and only available by link.

I find it a bit early to speculate since really we have no hint as to who or what is behind this, but I'm seriously getting a "Story of the Blanks" vibe out of this.

(edited)

Not sure what you're talking about. .-.

As long as they're not sacrificing animals in the name of Celestia, I think we are safe...lol

Edited by ~peachie weirdo~
  • Brohoof 1

Not sure what you're talking about. .-.

As long as they're not sacrificing animals in the name of Celestia, I think we are safe...lol

Yeah sure. errr.

*hides squirell heart behind back*

can someone explain what you guys are talking about?

oh, and..put a link to it please :D

SPOILERS BEWARE 

• Brohoof 3

If it's just an animatic, then it's just black and white for now, but... What if the ponies, or their matching cutiemarks... are all... blue?

*scream*

*scream*

*hides behid pillow*

*cries*

A preview of the next season? Awesome! Yeah, that group looks like a cult. I'm getting the impression that the series is heading in a new direction, but whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen. Given the track record, even numbered seasons are more likely to better received than odd numbered ones, but we don't have enough data yet to establish such a pattern, and the odd numbered seasons both had their good moments IMHO, including season 3. I'm all for the plot advancing, as long as we still get slice of life episodes. It looks like Spike is written out of that first story arc, as is often the case, but I don't recall him spending that much time with another male character, engaging in masculine activities, so that "hoofball cards" thing is awesome IMHO, even if it's just an excuse for Spike not to join the Mane Six. All in all, as much as I was looking forward to hearing one of the season's songs, I'm glad we got a sneak peek of the first episode.

• Brohoof 2

A preview of the next season? Awesome! Yeah, that group looks like a cult. I'm getting the impression that the series is heading in a new direction, but whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen. Given the track record, even numbered seasons are more likely to better received than odd numbered ones, but we don't have enough data yet to establish such a pattern, and the odd numbered seasons both had their good moments IMHO, including season 3. I'm all for the plot advancing, as long as we still get slice of life episodes. It looks like Spike is written out of that first story arc, as is often the case, but I don't recall him spending that much time with another male character, engaging in masculine activities, so that "hoofball cards" thing is awesome IMHO, even if it's just an excuse for Spike not to join the Mane Six. All in all, as much as I was looking forward to hearing one of the season's songs, I'm glad we got a sneak peek of the first episode.

ooooooh, so your in the illuminati aswell!

This whole thread should technically have a spoiler tag on it, shouldn't it?

Cause it's about discussing the preview on S5.

So I guess, I'll spoiler tag the rest of my speculation response

A cult wasn't the first thing that popped up in my head upon seeing that town and all the ponies' cutie marks.  I was leaning on the "equal" cutie mark sign, which I was kind of getting worried that the opener might go into a territory that might, well possibly have views that were not originally intended but somehow get interpreted as a negative backlash. I'm reserving my thoughts because, I don't want to believe it's going to do something I predict will be bad.  So I will wait and see how it unfolds, I'd like to think the cutie marks are actually something different and being misinterpreted. So I'll wait and see.

• Brohoof 1

This whole thread should technically have a spoiler tag on it, shouldn't it?

Maybe it should, but if anyone clicks on it, reading the very first sentence of the very first post should give them a hint to instantly leave the topic.

A cult wasn't the first thing that popped up in my head upon seeing that town and all the ponies' cutie marks.  I was leaning on the "equal" cutie mark sign, which I was kind of getting worried that the opener might go into a territory that might, well possibly have views that were not originally intended but somehow get interpreted as a negative backlash. I'm reserving my thoughts because, I don't want to believe it's going to do something I predict will be bad.  So I will wait and see how it unfolds, I'd like to think the cutie marks are actually something different and being misinterpreted. So I'll wait and see.

We'll see, but we know that cutie marks have a lot to do with what ponies are good, their personality, and their destiny, so I guess we will see what exactly these marks all mean and why they all have the same one.

I might be wrong, but I think MLP might be going in the direction of "The Giver."

The equal signs might mean that they are all equal in skill, talent, and ability as well as in thought. The season might be going into the topic of Utopias. Again, I could be wrong.

Maybe they're a bunch of Communists since they all have equal signs as cutie marks and they're being forced to smile and be happy or else they get sent to a work camp.

Or maybe they'll get sent to a concentration camp. But something tells me that's not going to happen. Right?

Or maybe they'll get sent to a concentration camp. But something tells me that's not going to happen. Right?

Don't you mean a Gulag? Concentration camps are from the NAZI regime.  :P