Re-adding people to conversations they have left

DubWolf

I was attempting to add someone to a conversation thread that they once participated in, but then I received the error message which was something like this:

"Nopony was added because either the username was spelled incorrectly, or they are already active in the conversation"

The problem is that since the person is indicated to have "left the conversation" on the left side of the screen, that person is still somehow "active", even though they already left. I wanted them to see a funny conversation we had in the thread after they left, but I get this message and am unable to re add them.

Thoughts? Is it do-able, or is it difficult?

Well, the reason I think this wouldn't be implemented is because the user must have left for a reason. It would be annoying to be in the same convention you keep trying to leave.

• Brohoof 2

Well, the reason I think this wouldn't be implemented is because the user must have left for a reason. It would be annoying to be in the same convention you keep trying to leave.

I'm actually the person Super80 Wolf was talking about. I'm really sad that I can't get the chance to look at the conversation... :(

I left because I didn't want an extra PM at the time, but I've changed my mind.

I was attempting to add someone to a conversation thread that they once participated in, but then I received the error message which was something like this:

"Nopony was added because either the username was spelled incorrectly, or they are already active in the conversation"

The problem is that since the person is indicated to have "left the conversation" on the left side of the screen, that person is still somehow "active", even though they already left. I wanted them to see a funny conversation we had in the thread after they left, but I get this message and am unable to re add them.

Thoughts? Is it do-able, or is it difficult?

Sadly,is not doable.

Re-Adding people to a personal message that they left is impossible,but if you want to share with the user in question(Sparkling Swirls,on this case) that funny conversation,there's a way to do it,although is a bit tedious:

First of all,look for the messages from the users that you want to show to the user(I'm showing one of mines as an example),and click on the Reply button:

bXPCEHH.png

Then,the message that you want to share will work like a quote.You can paste it on another private PM with the other user,and go sharing the conversations:

XsEYeT0.png

As another way to solve this,you can take screenshots from those parts from the conversation that you want to show to the other user.

• Brohoof 2

Sadly,is not doable.

Re-Adding people to a personal message that they left is impossible,but if you want to share with the user in question(Sparkling Swirls,on this case) that funny conversation,there's a way to do it,although is a bit tedious:

First of all,look for the messages from the users that you want to show to the user(I'm showing one of mines as an example),and click on the Reply button:

img-2990186-1-bXPCEHH.png

Then,the message that you want to share will work like a quote.You can paste it on another private PM with the other user,and go sharing the conversations:

img-2990186-2-XsEYeT0.png

As another way to solve this,you can take screenshots from those parts from the conversation that you want to show to the other user.

That is indeed tedious, and the conversation is several pages long. It's totally do-able. Take Facebook for example. The actual coding is probably difficult to create, which is what you mean, right :huh:?

I know this is an issue with this type of stuff unfortunately, but on the other hand, if you could readd someone to the conversation it could become annoying if they left because they simply didn't want to be in it.

So i'm sort of split, but considering most times people leave conversations for a particular reason, i feel it's just better to keep things the way it is.

(edited)

I know this is an issue with this type of stuff unfortunately, but on the other hand, if you could readd someone to the conversation it could become annoying if they left because they simply didn't want to be in it.

So i'm sort of split, but considering most times people leave conversations for a particular reason, i feel it's just better to keep things the way it is.

There is a such thing as "changing your mind", ya know? True, one could knowingly annoy a person who left the conversation for good reasons by continuously adding them to the conversation, but then the report button was created!

But yeah, no offence, but technology is not the forum's staff strongest suit (considering we haven't been able to add an "unfollow" feature for statuses that people comment on once, but lose interest for eventually). But hey, I probably couldn't do it myself!

Edited by Super80 Wolf

There is a such thing as "changing your mind", ya know? True, one could knowingly annoy a person who left the conversation for good reasons by continuously adding them to the conversation, but then the report button was created!

But yeah, no offence, but technology is not the forum's staff strongest suit (considering we haven't been able to add an "unfollow" feature for statuses that people comment on once, but lose interest for eventually). But hey, I probably couldn't do it myself!

Yeah, I know, i didn't mean to come off as aggresive.

And it's true, you can always report people.

But still idk.

Also, the reason why technology may not seem like the strongest suit of the staff is because first of all the tech team for the forums is pretty limited, considering the demands of the job, and the fact it's basically volunteer work.

There is also the fact that IP boards is very limiting in what you can do in many cases. So some things are simply not possible.

I am no tech expert, but I have gathered this from times before.

I mean no offense or anything, so hopefully I didn't offend.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I know, i didn't mean to come off as aggresive.

And it's true, you can always report people.

But still idk.

Also, the reason why technology may not seem like the strongest suit of the staff is because first of all the tech team for the forums is pretty limited, considering the demands of the job, and the fact it's basically volunteer work.

There is also the fact that IP boards is very limiting in what you can do in many cases. So some things are simply not possible.

I am no tech expert, but I have gathered this from times before.

I mean no offense or anything, so hopefully I didn't offend.

Lawl sorry, but people keep making the "they left for a reason" point, so I provided a rebuttal.

I would assume the greatest denominator is the IP board limitations then :huh:.

Umbreon.

• Brohoof 1