Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you make an OC look like a G4 character?

SilverThunder

So I have no idea how people do it, and all I can find on the net about it, is how to draw them. Is there some kind of simple program that people are using or something? I would really like to try my hand at creating a 'proper character' if anyone here can point me in the right direction.

Just so we're clear, I would like to make a character look like it was made in the animated style of the show.

Vectors would be my best bet. I'm not great at making it, but that is because I don't have the right software. I would suggest drawing the pony on paper, then somehow putting it on your computer. Then open photoshop or any application for image editing. It's best to create layers so it's easier to work with. I'm not too good with digital art, but that is the best way for me. It does take practice, and I need a lot more practice, though. 

post-28857-0-86352400-1408241487.png

unfortunately, I no longer have access to a printer/scanner. I guess I'll just have to use paint or something and try working at the style? I thought for sure when I saw some of the OC's out there, there was some kind of mystery program everyone was using to make them.

You could put take a picture of the drawn pony with your phone, and then trace it on the computer. I'm sure you could even do it in MS paint, because I have. Just color the outlines (I did this one in a rush)

example:

Sb9nCOv.png

This pony wasn't drawn on paper and then traced, btw.

There's also gimp which is free, if you want to try that.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

(edited)

I'll have to try the phone picture then edit first (didn't think of that), though I don't know if I would be able to make it look the way I want it to. As for the program, I'll have to give it a shot, as in depth as it may be, and hopefully I can find it for free?

I am familiar with the pony creator as well, and I do like it for its ease. I think I've found at least three different ones actually, but of course your limited to what's already there. Still good to use for some ponies I've made for another RP site.

Edited by SilverThunder