Do you care about how you look?

Xievie

207 users have voted

1. 1. Do you care about how you look?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other. (post a reply)

I have never really cared to be honest, I have just never cared at all. I only care when I'm driving, I want to look good behind the wheel but that's more the look of the car then myself. That's why I spend most of my time keeping cars I drive always neat and clean. Besides, it's not like anyone cares how I look, I really do just blend in the background. So I don't see the point in caring about it, I do on the other hand care how my body looks not clothes but I just try keeping myself fit although it's more of a runner type of fit not a muscle head. I'm a runner, kind of so yeah I do care about keeping myself looking good but not when it comes to clothes and stuff.

I guess I should care more, I mean I don't look bad or anything I'm just not interested in myself.

I guess I do a little bit. 

I usually try make myself look presentable when I go outside and when I go to places like a restaurant or workplace. But I'm pretty relaxed about it when I'm at home. 

I usually don't really care. Jeans and a t-shirt is my usual look. The most I do to make myself look presentable is a little bit of eyeliner. I also try to make my hair calm down, my fringe really likes to do it's own thing. It's curly right now, even though my hair is always straight. 

90% of the time i'm dressed work which is white shirt white pants visor, or if i'm going to the store just jeans and a shirt, i only dress up when i need to

• Brohoof 1

To a cretin extent I do, I more so care if Im trying to make an impression on somebody rather then when Im just out and about. I dont normally care what people think about me and how I look though.  But I wouldn't say that I run around looking like I was raised in the woods by wolves.  :lol:

I picked "other" because it really depends on what I am doing. If I'm going to the store, not really. If I am meeting with friends or going out for fun, yes, I try to look nice.

It depends, where I work has a very strict dress code so I pay very close attention to my appearance then because I pretty have to. Aside from that I only pay extra attention to my appearance on certain special occasions, I always do the basics like showering, shaving and what have you but I usually tend to wear a t shirt, shorts (or sweats if it is winter) and tennis shoes. 

i used to think that clothing, appearance etc had no affect on life, and although this may be true, it is not the clothes that make the person, it is the heart and soul. i can say with 100% certainty that one will feel better about themselves trimmed, shaved and clothed nicely. 

I do try to dress at least a bit fashionably: I'm not a big Rarity fashion expert or anything though I tend to just throw on the first clothes I can find in my waredrobe in the morning but I do like to buy nice clothes, and keep a nice trimmed beard etc

Edited by Asherdangerdash

In real life, I really don't care, I mean many state me that I look hot or cute, but I don't see it, I find myself dark and emotionless most of the times.

However, in video games, looking the best you can in terms of upgrades, gears, and presentation is where it counts.

I look like *drums* a nerd *applausing audience*. I usually wear something like stripy shirts. It confuses people a lot when i act like a crazy person and runs around jumping and so on. (it is not my fault i am crazy just got bad influence when i was tiny) 

people react a lot on my body shape being soo thin (I am a guy so it is not really a good thing) I do not care too much about how I look as long as I do not look like a mass murderer or a sandwich from a garbage bag.

Edited by a crazy pony

Most of the time I don't care.  Things like interviews or other things of importance to me are where I do care about how I look.  So long as I take care of my health, my body and am personally satisfied with how I look, I don't care much for what other people would say about it.  We live only once, might as well enjoy the skin we're in while we're here.

I think I'm more worried about say, running out of appropriate clothes for the weather. But yes, I do care enough about how I look in public. I would rather be as plain as possible so that the least presumptions are made about me when in contact.

Hello!

I do.

It's extremely hard for me to go out without looking the top. I guess I earned this habit from my mother and aunt, as they are into fashion and are somewhat stylists themselves :P.

And to the people that would suggest me to care less, in advance, I have to say, that it's incredibly hard for me to not care what other people think about me... :(

• Brohoof 1

Hmm I'd say yeah. I don't go out of my way to make sure that I look fabulous whenever I head out, but I do like to wear clothes that appeal to me, make sure my hair isn't disheveled, make sure I shaved, etc. Trying to put on a good appearance also helps my confidence, which is probably a good thing.

• Brohoof 1

I am always concerned about how I present myself, how I look, my body movements, my voice, what I say, always pay attention to it.

More importantly, always pay attention to the person in front of you, it's about them, not you.

• Brohoof 1

yes i do care about how i look, but i am also very lazy.

so i have come to a compromise.

i don't have a lot of clothing, but the clothing i have is all brand.

i shave everyday, and i make sure my hair is styled. (wich usually is no problem since my hair is 2 millimeters long) 

In real life, do you NEED to wear nice clothing?

Do you spend a lot of time on your hair, or ever think about ditching the glasses for contacts?

Yes, I do and why shouldn't I in this society where people are constantly being judged on their appearance?

In real life, I need to wear clothing I think looks attractive on myself. I don't care highly for big designer labels and I'd rather have something that would just look good, even if it was from Primark/Century 21.

I spend roughly about an hour on my hair for days when I'm on my own and about 1 and a half to 2 hours for when I'm going out. I will never ditch my large lens glasses as I actually believe I look nicer with them than without them. Like someone else said here, a touch of eyeliner is a great way to make your eyes look a lot bigger than they actually are, even though I'm a guy, I apply it to the inside of my eyeline and I really see a difference. Lip gloss (clear or light pink) is also a must for me as I bite my lips so the gloss makes them appear a lot more smoother.

On to my personal routine, I have two under eye creams I use twice daily, a bottle of bio-oil which I apply twice daily, I brush my teeth 3 times per day if possible, I drink as much water as possible and I drink nothing but water unless I am going out and then I treat myself to a Costa Fruit Cooler. (I do not drink any carbonated drinks or alcoholic drinks at all.)

So yes, looks matter to me. I'd rather look my best all the time even if it takes a considerable amount of work to do so because I know that people will judge me less negatively.

Edited by Kaz

Oh, all of my yes. Big time. I guess it comes with the turf of being a vain person, but I spend a lot of time on my appearance. I spend a lot of time on my hair, my tan, and toning my body. It has resulted in all my dude friends labeling me a pretty boy at best to a metrosexual at worst. I probably should use my time for more productive things, but I just can't stand the thought of leaving the house looking bad.