Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on the cold water challenge?

Everleaf

So myself I think it is a pretty good idea I just found out about it about 2 days ago soo first what do you guys think of it? have you ever done it? how cold? okay sooo your thoughts?

Yes I know the actual name is is Ice bucket challange.

Edited by Everleaf
  • Brohoof 1

No I have't really heard of it either, why is it a good idea?

Well I will put a video up saving me explaining some of it...

it's for charity I don't know that much about it but I know some stuff

so if you are challenged to do the ice challenge (by someone who has already done it) you have to do it in 24 hours (the water has to be cold) after you have done you have to challenge 3 more people to do it.  

Hey guys Twilight did it before it was cool.

• Brohoof 2

It's a good idea, it raises awareness and it's entertaining watching people dump ice cold water on their heads.

I seen a guy who's a DJ on two classic rock stations I listen to do this challenge, except he had water dumped on him from a tractor bucket :P.

Here's the video :P.

It's raising money for ALS (a nerve disorder I believe, in which you slowly lose function until you die). You get nominated to pour a bucket of ice water on yourself or donate to the foundation ( they say 'or' but everyone usually does both he challenge and donation) and then nominate 3 others to do it as well. It's raised a lot of money very quickly. Just asking for donations probably wouldn't have worked as well, but people love a good dare.

*according to the website ALSA.org, ALS is "Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease," is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. The progressive degeneration of the motor neurons in ALS eventually leads to their death. When the motor neurons die, the ability of the brain to initiate and control muscle movement is lost. With voluntary muscle action progressively affected, patients in the later stages of the disease may become totally paralyzed."

Edited by Solecistic Miss

It's a good idea, it raises awareness and it's entertaining watching people dump ice cold water on their heads.

I seen a guy who's a DJ on two classic rock stations I listen to do this challenge, except he had water dumped on him from a tractor bucket :P.

Here's the video :P.

Maaann that would be cold. 0-0

• Brohoof 1

My only problem with this is that some of these videos don't even mention what is for. They just say it's the ice bucket challenge. First videos I saw, I assumed it was for a cancer organization. When people do that, it makes me feel like it's for their own benefit (to get attention) rather than for a cause.

• Brohoof 2

I personally think it's a pretty good idea. Money gets raised while others get to enjoy watching people pour ice water on their head, seems relatively harmless and fun.

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 1

I personally think it's a pretty good idea. Money gets raised while others get to enjoy watching people pour ice water on their head, seems relatively harmless and fun.

Agreed I will say my friend. :)

So myself I think it is a pretty good idea I just found out about it about 2 days ago soo first what do you guys think of it? have you ever done it? how cold? okay sooo your thoughts?

so long as people actually donate to the original cause of the challenge which is to support ALS research, and they donate money which is the point altogether :P i did it and donated 200 dollars...its a good cause because ALS is a really bad thing 

I'd like to see videos where people who are nominated don't dump buckets of ice water onto their heads, and just show some sort of receipt of them donating money for the cause.

There are plenty of reasons why I have this mindset. It's more fun if I don't list them.

It's really only productive if the person dumps water over their head /and/ makes a small donation. Otherwise, people everywhere will just be dumping ice buckets without ever donating.

I'd do it myself.

What if someone just totally refuses to do the challenge?

• Brohoof 2

My reaction to the cold-water challenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTtgQvqa7Os

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/18/you-may-be-seeing-the-ice-bucket-challenge-all-over-the-place-but-heres-the-touching-story-you-need-to-see-about-what-started-it-all/#

This is why people do the challenge...its sad...i have a friend who has ALS....i did it for him

• Brohoof 1

I guess they would skip it and challenge three more people?

I thought you could only challenge if you accepted the challenge yourself? That wouldn't be fair :huh:.

I live in central Florida—the heat index was 117 degrees Fahrenheit yesterday. That said, I'd gladly pour a bucket of icewater over my head.

h6GvmU6.jpg

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 3

I live in central Florida—the heat index was 117 degrees Fahrenheit yesterday. That said, I'd gladly pour a bucket of icewater over my head.

h6GvmU6.jpg

You have no idea how much this made me laugh XD

Yeah I may do it quite soon myself...

I don't see the point the challenge myself. Why not just donate? You'd be saving water & ice just by doing that.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see the point the challenge myself. Why not just donate? You'd be saving water & ice just by doing that.

Well it's also a fun way of doing so...and also more likely raises more money for the charity...

Well it's also a fun way of doing so...and also more likely raises more money for the charity...

Well, if that suits other people, then more power to them I suppose. We did the challenge here where I work like a month or so ago, and I declined, deciding to donate. I really didn't wanna get wet... >_<