Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do if you disagree with someone?

碇 シンジン

What do you do if you disagree with someone?  

33 users have voted

1. 1. What do you do if you disagree with someone in the internet?

• Accept their opinion even though you disagree with it.
    • Accept their opinion first, but also state your opinion.
    • Tell your own opinion first and then accept if they disagree with it.
    • Ignore their opinion and force your opinion through.
    • Start calling names, and insulting them.
    • Ignore the conversation.
  2. 2. What do you do if you disagree with someone in the real world?

• Accept their opinion even though you disagree with it.
    • Accept their opinion first, but also state your opinion.
    • Tell your own opinion first and accept if they disagree with it.
    • Ignore their opinion and force your opinion through.
    • Start calling names, and insulting them.
    • Ignore the conversation.

I don't tend to get in debates with people in real life. I usually shake my head at the most and leave it at that. I do sometimes debate people IRL, though. On the internet, I don't usually get into debates or start debates; I just watch a debate if there's one happening and if not, leave that opinion post. But if I find someone's (or a group of people's) opinion really stupid or I just disagree strongly, I will state my opinion and possibly get into a debate.

• Brohoof 2

Let's start with real life.

There, I usually don't state my opinion one way or the other. Most of what I say is worded in such a way that people don't actually know how I feel about given things. I try to stay neutral and out of it. And if that's not possibly, then I vaguely pretend to agree even when I don't. Why? I feel that most arguments are pointless and a waste of my time. It is very rare that you change someone's opinion in an argument. I only have so much time to live on this world and I don't have the time to deal with irrelevant stress. Unless you are a good friend of mine in real life, then you don't deserve to know my true feelings. Also, I have a huge fear of being judged, which is the primary reason I don't want to deal with. I simply would rather avoid unnecessary conflict and stress.

On the internet, I am more honest because I actually have time to think and respond, which decreases my stress levels significantly. But I'm still very stressed. Because I state my true opinions a lot of the time, disagreements are much more likely to happen. I typically say one thing in response to the person who disagrees, then after they have responded continuing the argument, I tell them there is little point to this conversation and move on. I basically ignore them and don't continue it any further.

• Brohoof 1