Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do if you disagree with someone?

碇 シンジン

What do you do if you disagree with someone?  

33 users have voted

1. 1. What do you do if you disagree with someone in the internet?

• Accept their opinion even though you disagree with it.
    • Accept their opinion first, but also state your opinion.
    • Tell your own opinion first and then accept if they disagree with it.
    • Ignore their opinion and force your opinion through.
    • Start calling names, and insulting them.
    • Ignore the conversation.
  2. 2. What do you do if you disagree with someone in the real world?

• Accept their opinion even though you disagree with it.
    • Accept their opinion first, but also state your opinion.
    • Tell your own opinion first and accept if they disagree with it.
    • Ignore their opinion and force your opinion through.
    • Start calling names, and insulting them.
    • Ignore the conversation.

I usually don't get involved in arguments, as I feel most of them pointless. Almost no one will ever admit they're wrong and/or change their mind, myself included.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 4

On the internet: Depends on the topic,however,usually i will either try to voice my opinion/facts and whatever if you don't agree with it,tho there is a chance i will just ignore the topic/conversation outright. :maud:

In real life: Ignore,talking takes for too much energy for me to go back n'forth with someone so you're just gonna get real life Maud face 99% of the time. :maud:   

• Brohoof 1

Well, I defende my viewpoint while respecting the opinion of the other person.

Nothing wrong with a harmless debate. :)

• Brohoof 2

Well I accept what they say however I do often say my thoughts a little after often explaining and having a short talk so I may at least get a better understanding on their thoughts .....I have often have to do so  when I come across many anti bronies...I often ask why do you dislike us bronies and so on YES us bronies have flaws NO we are not the only fandom NO we are not a bad fandom 

but I do agree with many about our flaws and I have come to points they can agree with so it works with any argument and that way at least we both get a understanding... 

• Brohoof 1

Kinda depends on whats being talked about. 

If I disagree with something and I feel like I have actual information to back up my own opinion, I'll try to debate it. I'm not very good at arguing with people, though.

Other times I disagree with something, but I don't have solid information to back up my opinion or I don't feel like I can argue my point well, so I just keep out of it.

• Brohoof 1

On the internet, I'll probably just ignore the conversation because I don't like to argue or debate. In real life, since I can't "ignore" a conversation as easily, I'll just accept that they have a different opinion and move on. Merph.

If it's something I'm really passionate about though, I tend to try to get my point across... or at least I used to do that until I ended up hurting a friend and causing a... problem. But anyways :P

• Brohoof 1

Wow, I can't believe I'm the only one who accepts the opinion of others on the internet if I disagree with it so far.

Hah, in all honesty even on this forum, when people tend to form a counter-argument in response to one of my posts I tend to just brohoof it and move on. 

Basically, If I don't have anything nice to say, then I don't say it.

Sure, that's not to say I'm a pushover or anything but honestly, I could be forthright if I wanted to. I don't see much to be gained from disagreeing with someone, and even if I did, there'd be no reason for me to express it.

• Brohoof 2

Debate don't argue.

As soon as the person starts causing you out, end the conversation and walk away (or knock them out if it's in real life lol Jk :P )

Edited by Pelate
  • Brohoof 1

On the Internet, I usually accept an opinion that I don't agree with unless I feel strongly about it. When I do feel strongly about it, I state my opinion, but I would still accept it if someone disagrees with me.

In the real world, I would usually ask why they have an opinion that I don't agree with, but I still accept their opinion anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Very simple. I first assess the other's opinion. If i strongly disagree with it, only i'll voice my opinion. I don't rule out anything however; i put everything under scrutiny. To outright ignore others, when they can potentially build upon and improve on what you know, to deny the opportunity to learn is both stupid and dangerous. 

• Brohoof 2

I simply state my points and leave it at that. Sadly that doesn't even work half of the time. I tend to get into debates pretty easily but they sure do feel pointless most of the time. It never feels like anyone really gets anywhere.

• Brohoof 1

State my points, get into an argument and take apart their argument.

I, for whatever reason, really like arguing with people are tearing apart their points.

• Brohoof 1