Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Kleptomania in gaming.

SkyDream

Oh god.  Oh god just so much. 

Kleptomania.

That great feeling when you see an object and you just absolutely need to have it for some hypothetical future endeavor, be it trading or the possibility of alchemy, or just having it be yours.

"All I know is, when my kleptomania flares up, I take something for it."  ~Someone somewhere.

Harrdy harr and some more.

Really, one of the first things I do in Fallout New Vegas or Skyrim is open the console, and do that player.modav carryweight 10000 schtick and away I go.  At some point in my latest New Vegas run, I had about 9000+ pounds on me.  It was mostly weapons and ammo, being in Hardcore mode.  There was a full six second lag before I could open any container whatsoever.   Oddly this lag is not present in Skyrim, where I frequently run around with over 20,000 pounds of stuff.   I can and will loot absolutely everything.

I don't understand the concept of not looting a slain enemy and taking 100% of their stuff.   Whenever I see a body to loot, I can't just take the gold coins or whatever off the body.  Whenever I raid a dungeon I will be taking no fewer than 50 additional full sets of armor home with me. 

I will then stuff 200+ suits of armor and 250+ assorted weapons into a single chest in my tiny house and then swear upon the nine divines that I will sort them out later, and then I never, ever will. 

Hi, my name is SkyDream, and I have a problem.

Oh god.  Oh god just so much. 

Kleptomania.

That great feeling when you see an object and you just absolutely need to have it for some hypothetical future endeavor, be it trading or the possibility of alchemy, or just having it be yours.

"All I know is, when my kleptomania flares up, I take something for it."  ~Someone somewhere.

Harrdy harr and some more.

Really, one of the first things I do in Fallout New Vegas or Skyrim is open the console, and do that player.modav carryweight 10000 schtick and away I go.  At some point in my latest New Vegas run, I had about 9000+ pounds on me.  It was mostly weapons and ammo, being in Hardcore mode.  There was a full six second lag before I could open any container whatsoever.   Oddly this lag is not present in Skyrim, where I frequently run around with over 20,000 pounds of stuff.   I can and will loot absolutely everything.

I don't understand the concept of not looting a slain enemy and taking 100% of their stuff.   Whenever I see a body to loot, I can't just take the gold coins or whatever off the body.  Whenever I raid a dungeon I will be taking no fewer than 50 additional full sets of armor home with me. 

I will then stuff 200+ suits of armor and 250+ assorted weapons into a single chest in my tiny house and then swear upon the nine divines that I will sort them out later, and then I never, ever will. 

Hi, my name is SkyDream, and I have a problem.

Join this Space Marine Chapter: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Ravens, you'll feel right in as you'll be tasked to acquire 'gifts' for the chapter. Be warned, you'll have a tough time topping that titan they stole as shown in this video game

I can't, for the life of me, leave weapons or armor somewhere without taking them, even of its stealing and reduces my karma (I'm always a goodie goodie).

Even of its a generic pistol or a dagger that gives you a measly sum of money, I take that sh*t and sell it.

I don't pay PC, so weight carry is always a problem :(

Edited by Dattebayo

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't scrounge for every piece of loot? You never know well you'll need just one more item!

I can't tell you how many times I've kept on to multiple copies of a weapon or armor that is worse then the one I currently have and gone out my way to loot chest that have basic equipment. Hell, in the first Mass Effect I looted anything that wasn't bolted down (and a few things that were) to the point that my inventory completely filled up twice, even after I sold everything and had more money than I knew what to do with.

Actually, that's not the first time I've done that either. At some point I'll sell my hoard and have more then enough money that I could feasibly swim around in it like Scrooge Mc'Duck

It's not your fault... I too have a problem. It all started when I was young and first started using the computer. There were a series of games my parents bought for me that were supposed to hone my problem solving skills. I played pretty much all of them by the studio, but little did they know it was feeding another problem.

Freddi_Fish_Wallpaper_2.png

"You'll never know when a stick will come in handy!"

But seriously, it would be a waste not to pick up all your loot. Train yourself to sell the stuff you don't need so you can buy the stuff you want. I've forced myself to sell food and consumables because I know I'll never use them for fear of needing them in another situation. Even when that hypothetical situation arises, I still don't use them by thinking the same thing. It's a bit annoying to be honest.

This is so me in Borderlands 2. I feel like I have to collect every single thing on the ground and in chests that I can find. Then again, I do sell the loot later on for monies.  :D 

GTAV as well, I have to pick up all the money.

I take everything. When I want, I take. Whether looting dead corpses or stealing from other people, I do it all. Which is why in Fallout, I am a very evil person (that, and also the fact that I blew up a whole town just for money).

I have several chests of things in skyrim that I tell myself I'll get round to using later, deep down though, I know they're most likely gonna stay there forever, consistently growing as I add more and more stuff because I'm going over the weight limit. This is also one of the reasons I like bioshock, no weight limit, and all the crap you pick up may actually be useful for a change.