Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@@Harmony Cube,

Chipper took the outstretched hoof and shook it with a smile on his face.

"Pleased t' meet you. Name's Steady Pace, but everypony just calls me Chipper."

So this wasn't one he had met before. Thank Celestia for that. It was really awkward at times when meeting somepony and then finding out that you knew them already. Thankfully, that hadn't been the case this time 'round.

"So your friend's the bomb maker I heard about eh? Fancy that. Wanna go find her or are your legging a lil' woozy right now?"

@@DexterousWings,

Blitz looked up when somepony started to talk with her, then began to shine a flash light over her. Why was he shining a light? The sun was out and everything, no need for a light this time of day.

"Huh? Fine? Me? Oh, yesyesyes! Huuuge success in the explosion, nopony hurt, nothing on fire..."

She looked around just to make sure.

"Yep, nothing is burning."

Blitz looked over the pony in front of her with big eyes. Another new face. There were like... A ton of them these days. And what had this one said he was? Search and Rescue?

"Waitwaitwait, Search and Rescue? Somepony lost out here?"

Blitz started to run circles around herself, looking all around her to see if she saw somepony else., stopping only when she was about to get dizzy.

"Oh! Name, right. I'm Blitz Boom. Who're you?"

@,

@,

Brittle gave a little wave goodbye to the strange bat and pony when they went away. She seemed nice, but... What had she meant she understood? Had she been in a cage before too? She didn't know, but... No, it wasn't important right now. Perhaps another time it would be but right now she just... Couldn't focus on it.

She closed her eyes and took a few deep breathes, trying to relax herself. The two she was with now were not scary, she had to remember that. Storm Shine had been so very nice and Briar... he looked scary, but he had helped her, and she had looked for him, she couldn't be afraid of him now that she finally found him... No matter how much she felt like covering.

A few more breathes passed before the jade fire passed over her, but this time it didn't leave her a mess of bits and pieces glued together, but rather her base shape, at which point she opened her big, light-green eyes and looked at the two ponies in front of her with caution in her eyes. She didn't fear them, at least not right now, but still... She always felt like something bad could happen.

"I-I... Uhm... I-it's okay. Just... N-no big hugs... Please?"

Briar heard her shaky words. The girl were nervous, had been since he came around and likely before that. Perhaps something that could calm her down...

"Brittle? How would you like if we took a walk? It's a lovely day after all."

"B-but, what if..."

"I will make sure that nopony will harm you. You will be safe."

The soothing voice ad the fact that she knew he could fight off attackers from what she had seen years before made her slowly nod, then scuttle over and stand to his right, back hoof.

He might not be able to see her nod, but the movement told him enough. It wasn't sure that this would help, certainly, but a walk tended to calm his mind greatly when things got harsh, so it was worth a try to see if perhaps it could help hers. And perhaps...

"You are, of course, welcome to join us if you wish mister Storm. I'm sure Brittle wouldn't mind, would you?"

Brittle shook her head while looking at Storm Shine.

"...No,"

((What happens from here is up to you Storm. If you decide to leave, their walk will be unwritten, and it can be referenced another time. :) ))

@Blitz Boom

"My name is Dexterous Wings. I'm the new search and rescue spotter in the area. I saw the explosion and was worried somepony might be hurt. Your eyes seem to be reacting properly, and you seem to be okay. Is there anypony else I should check on around here or are you the only one?"

The filly seemed rather excitable, but otherwise she seemed fine. There were a couple light scrapes, but nothing that needed immediate attention. Hopefully if there were other ponies here they would be in as good a shape.

Also, why was such a young filly playing around with explosives?

@@DexterousWings,

"Well, there is the hat pony... Disruptis, right. And then there's Book Quill. She ran too when the bomb were about to fire off. I'm not reeeeal sure where either is..."

Blitz tapped her chin with her hoof, thinking about things for a little.

"Oh, right, Book flew That way."

She ignored to think further on Disruptis right now and pointed towards the way she had seen Book fly towards before. She couldn't see him, and he had said that he knew what he did with the bomb before. He might just have went away Really fast afterwards. Sure was a bit rude not to say goodbye, but eh, she could live with that. Right now, she wanted to see if Book had gotten further away than she had. He likely had, Blitz had just gone to the normal edge of the blasting area since she wanted to be close enough to see what went on, but it went all dusty when the time was out so she had no idea.

"He went away Really fast. Come on, let's find him!"

Blitz let out a big yawn, then shook her head and halfway ran towards the area she had pointed towards before.

@Blitz Boom

"Okay,lead the way."

Dexxy followed the filly over the detonation site and off towards the others. His pack jingled and jangled with all the equipment and personal affects he had brought with him to settle in. It was one of the few times Dexxy regretted being so prepared. Flying with saddlebags made almost no difference, but running bounced them around a bit. It wasn't going to deter him though and he pushed on.

"How does a filly get into something dangerous like explosives? What do the ponies that look after you think of this?"

As he asked the question, two figures came into view of the two galloping ponies. 

@@Blitz Boom

"Well then! Nice to meet you Chipper!" Book said. He slouched a bit at the mention of walking even more. "I'm a bit tired. That kid is smart if she makes things that explode at her age... But I think I used up a lot of energy there... I think I'll sit for a bit longer..." Book said and looked at Chipper.

@@DexterousWings,

@@Harmony Cube,

"My friends don't mind, and I live alone, so they're al- Book!"

Blitz sped up a little when she saw Book Quill, which didn't turn out to be so good when she let out a yawn and next thing she knew, she had crashed into a nearby bush.

"Ouch, sharp twig, sharp twig."

She slowly began to back out of the bush, much to the amusement of Chipper who let out a low chuckle.

"Hehe, that sort never gets old."

Then he saw Dexxy approaching as well, saddlebags dangling while he ran along. THose things really were better for the sky from the look of it. At least filled up they were, but eh, wasn't important to focus on for him right now.

"Hey there Dexxy, seems like you found one of 'em. Book Quill here says that the bomb-maker ran off too, I figure we're gonna have to look 'round for her when the kid gets out of the bushes."

Dexxy was a bit concerned about such a little filly living alone, but that was another matter. For now, he was more interested in ensuring the town didn't lose someone on his very first day.

"Were there only three ponies involved?. Good to see the two we've found are okay. The third one must be around here somewhere. I hope they're okay too. Any idea about the third one?"

@@Blitz Boom

Book blinked a bit when he saw Blitz. "Hey Blitz... Good to see your explosion didn't separate us that much." Book said to her. He stifled a laugh when she ran into the bush. "You alright there?" He asked. Book overheard what Chipper said and remembered something. "Oh right. See Disruptis anywhere yet or is he still somewhere?" Book asked Blitz.

(edited)

@@Harmony Cube,

@@DexterousWings,

Blitz popped out of the bush and shook leafs and twigs off her again.

"Stupid bushes... You said Disruptis? Nuhuh, didn't see him. Didn't see the thing he had either. Think he ran off or something... maybe?"

She didn't think that the bomb had done him harm. She knew enough of her own handiwork to know that the bomb couldn't vaporize a pony. And even if it could, that thing he had with him was metalic, there would have been proof of that around there. Or of parts of the bomb for that matter. There had been a lack of the metal casing around, making her think that perhaps... Well, he said he needed metal.

"Disruptis? That's the name of the bomber? Could've sworn I heard it was a mare who made these sort of things."

Blitz turned to the old pony, looking yet another unknown face over, yet more focused on what she had to say than checking him out.

"Nonono, Disruptis Needed a bomb. I make them."

Chipper chuckled a little higher this time, then ruffled his hoof through the fiery-looking mane of the filly.

"I like you kid, you got a good sense of humour. But really, that sort a' thing that went off there? I ain't thinking that a lil' one can make that, even if you got some smarts."

Blitz went a step back and shook her head, looking defiantly up on the older pegasus. He wasn't the first to think that she didn't make stuff like this, but that didn't make it more fun to listen to. She took pride in her work, and having her credibility tossed aside just cause she was a filly were one of the few things that really bugged her.

"Hey! I got plenty of smarts. And I Did make the bomb. Me, Blitz Boom, not somepony else!"

She stood up against the old pegasus, strutting her chest forward a little to make herself seem a tiny bit bigger. It didn't help that she didn't have That big of a stature to her already because of her age and, well, she was a little small for a filly. If she had just had her magic she could have used the wings to get some more stature here, but it wasn't an option.

...She Really hoped it wouldn't take That long before it grew back again, she missed it.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

"Now Now, let's all calm down. It seems everyone is fine other than possibly this Disruptis fella. I'l go take a look from the air and see if I can spot some trace of him. If he isn't nearby, he probably walked away from it. I'll be back in a moment."

Dexxy took the skies and circled over a more than sufficient area. He saw no traces of anypony other than his own hoofprints and those of the filly.

"Disruptis," Dexxy called to no answer.

Seeing no reason to continue the search, Dexxy returned to the group.

"It looks like he left. I don't see any trace of him, not even hoofprints. He must have flown or covered his tracks."

Edited by DexterousWings

@@Blitz Boom

"It's true. She made the bomb herself. She may be a kid but she knows how to make explosives." Book defended. "But Blitz, you sure Disruptis didn't get hurt from the explosion, right?" Book asked Blitz, concerned. He looked at Blitz and wondered how long she'd be mad at Chipper.

@@Blitz Boom,

"If it's ok with you, than I wouldn't mind coming along...." Storm said uncertainly, not wanting to make Brittle uncomfortable. "Don't worry, I won't give you any big hugs.... Though I still want to give you a little huggles...." He assured Brittle, saying the last part under his breath.

@@Harmony Cube,

@@DexterousWings,

Chipper looked at Book when he told that it was really the filly that had made the bomb. He sounded very sincere, that was sure, but still, this kid?

That's when he got a better look of the filly and saw that he might've shoved his hoof into his mouth. He hadn't taken any notice before, but she had a pair of metallic wings on her back in a small harness, and her cutie mark seemed to be of a bomb with a smiley face on. And it Would explain her rather weird mane and tail combo...

"Huh, well I'll be damned."

He scratched his chin and gave the filly a grin again. Though this time, he didn't try to ruffle her mane.

"Well, seems like my big ol' mouth got the better of me. Sorry for that."

Blitz grinning back and relaxed again. She wasn't angry at the pegasus, just annoyed that he didn't think she could make things like that. Now that he did believe her, there was no problem at all.

She was about to talk to him when Books question resonated in her mind.

"Nuhuh, not a chance. That bomb can't pulverize a pony, and the blast went way up instead of booming to the sides like normal. He did something, then left reeeeal fast from the look of it. If he had been hit, we'd be able to see him."

*Or part of him at least.* But she kept that part of the sentence inside her own head. No need to say that out loud.

@,

"Splendid. I'm certain a little relaxing walk will do us all much good."

Briar began to walk slowly, following the river for now and making sure not to go towards the direction he had come from, which was the direction of Ponyville. Taking Brittle into consideration, it was likely the better to stay clear of there, at least for now.

Brittle on the other hoof, kept near his back left leg for the walk, keeping him between the river and herself. She wasn't a good swimmer, and she didn't want to fall into the water. It could be dangerous.

She looked to the other side, the deep forest... There were so many things out there to be worried about in there too. Poisonous plants, falling branches, the animals... Not long before she had gotten here, Brittle had heard a howl inside the woods too. There were something lurking everywhere here.

She gulped. This was why she mostly stayed in caves. At least there, things didn't howl that often, and she were mostly alone.

Briar, unaware of this, figured that she were okay at this point, and decided to direct a question towards their pegasus companion.

"If I may ask, mister Storm, how did it go after we parted last? I seem to recall you needing to show a rather... Brash, pony towards a library.."

@Blitz Boom

"Well, I saw nothing and he didn't respond to my call, so I can't say for certain about anything."

Dexxy reshuffled his load on his back. There didn't seem to be any further need for him here and his pack was getting heavy after an almost non-stop flight from Manehatten. A big fluffy cloud and a nap were calling his name. Perhaps he'd camp out over the town square and pony watch while resting his wings. He still hadn't really stepped hoof in town yet, so maybe he'd drop by City Hall and report in before he took his rest.

"If you're pretty sure he's okay and left on his own, I don't see a reason to continue the search any further than I already have."

@@Blitz Boom, @@DexterousWings

"Alright. We better be careful then for looking for Disruptis and his oddly coloured hat." Book said and got up. "Wait... Where are we right now?" Book asked the group, not remembering where all of them, even himself, came in direction wise. He noticed another pegasus with them. "Hey there... Didn't really notice you there... I'm Book Quill." He introduced, a bit awkward feeling that he forgot to introduce himself to him.

@Harmony Cube @Blitz Boom

"Dexterous Wings at your service." Dexxy feigned a bow.

"I'm the new search and rescue pegasus for the area. I had just landed when I saw the smoke billowing and thought it would be wise to check it out and make sure no one was hurt."

"As for the town, we're about a mile east from it." Dexxy produced a compass.

"The town is that way." He pointed in the direction of the town. 

@@Blitz Boom

"It went well, thanks for asking!" Storm exclaimed, toning it down a bit. "I showed Miss Ladybug, my nickname for her I think her name was Cinnamon, To the library. Then I met up with my friend Stoneheart, She has a really cool tail... It's like a lion's tail! I showed her my house, and helped repaint hers... Then I made her some dinner, I was on my way to deliver it when I met Brittle! Then some meanie mare showed up and scared her off while we were talking.. Then I went to Stonehearts house, and we ate the food I cooked and I dropped my stuff off at my house before heading out to hopefully find Brittle and make sure she was okay... And now I'm here walking with you two!" Storm chattered animatedly, finally ending his tale with a backflip.

@Harmony Cube

"Nice to meet you as well." Dexxy shook his hoof.

Placing the compass away, he was concerned that they were going after this fella named Disruptis.

"What kind of fella is this Disruptis? Is he some sort of unsavory character? Is he someone we should talk to the authorities about?"

@Harmony Cube

"Nice to meet you as well." Dexxy shook his hoof.

Placing the compass away, he was concerned that they were going after this fella named Disruptis.

"What kind of fella is this Disruptis? Is he some sort of unsavory character? Is he someone we should talk to the authorities about?"

Book smiled and inspected him curiously. He wanted to remember the pegasus and mentally noted maybe to hang out and fly with him sometime.

"Oh, no. Disruptis is a kind unicorn with a big, yellow hat. He was looking for something of his that he lost and needed a bomb for it to be fixed." Book explained.

@,

"Quite the eventful day you had there. Mine was less eventful, but informative. I learned a great deal about Changelings from following and eventually talking with one of them called Void Crawler. A pleasant fellow really, although from what he have said, the general hive he came from was far from it."

Briar slowed down for a little when Brittle did to, likely because of the mention of Changelings, which is what she had just been informed she were.

This was just one more of the many thing that concerned him about her. She didn't know what she was, and Void had mentioned enough about converted Changelings and the society at large to make him certain that Storm were correct in her assumption that Brittle were a cocoon that hadn't done it's work.

Made him wonder though. Who had gotten her out? The circus ponies were Far to cowardly to have been the ones to wander into a hive like that, so it was not them. Likely, they had just found her, or Celestia forbid it, Bought her. It still didn't answer why somepony would get her out of her cocoon after breaking into a hive, and then either sell her or just leave her. Or well... There Were one explanation, but it was not pleasant, and he would rather not dwell on that.

"You say you helped paint a house, yes? Did it go well?"

@@Harmony Cube,

@@DexterousWings,

"Huuuuuuge hat. Couldn't even see his horn."

Blitz felt woozy all of a sudden, but she shook her head and after a bit, the world stopped spinning again.

"Well, Dexxy here's saying he haven't found a clue to where this Disruptis fellah is, but hey, I don't have much t' do right now any way. I'll lend a hoof if you want."

He noticed the filly shaking her head, but took little notice of it. Likely there'd been something from the bushes that'd gone stuck in her mane or something alike, nothing to worry about.

@@Blitz Boom,

"Painting? Oh of course!" Storm exclaimed happily. "It didn't take much more than 3 minutes... I'm a fast flier, and I learned how to paint fast without hurting the quality while I was on my travels." He told Briar, beaming a wide smile. "I've learned quite a bit while traveling Equestria."

@Harmony Cube

"What can you fix with a bomb? Seems like that would be the opposite of fixing it." Dexterous raised an eyebrow.

@Blitz Boom

"Does he have a home or a place he likes to hang around around here? Maybe we should check that first. If he wasn't harmed, then that's probably where he split off to."

Dexxy wanted to keep an eye on the filly. She seemed like she might be a little disoriented and that can be a sign of a concussion in some cases. The fact that she lived alone made it all the more scary. He didn't press the issue outwardly because he wasn't sure yet that it was in fact a concussion and that she needed to see a proper doctor. He'd observe her a little more before he sent her to the hospital.

@,

"Well met then, fellow traveller."

Briar smirked a little. It gave him joy to meet others that travelled around the lands, as their stories would vary from his own experiences and be filled with interesting tales that made him long for stepping on those grounds himself. Even if he had been where the spoke, it was another angle to it that gave it some mysticism or excitement he had not experienced himself. It was rather invigorating.

At the same time though, it saddened him a small bit as well to hear of what they had seen. Not because he were jealous of their stories, no, but rather because he envied them that they could see it at all.

He had heard story after story of glorious cities glittering with light and sparkling in all the colours of the rainbow. Of fantastic sights upon the roaring ocean and the divine visage of Princess Celestia rising the sun as the day began over Equestria. Or the night sky, glittering with thousands of stars in a beautiful scenery, a marvelous work of art done with gentle hooves by the Princess of the night herself.

It made him a little sad to hear, but be unable to experience. Yet at the same time, it fuelled his determination and gave him energy to keep going for his own quest so that he could see what others spoke so highly about.

"For 9 years I have wandered far and wide, yet Equestria is a place I have barely threaded for 3 of them. It is quite a big and varied country with plenty to hear. I can hardly imagine what it must look like."

In fact, it hadn't been long after he had came to the country before he found Brittle, yet that was not a point he was going to use right now. If that was to be spoken off, he would make sure she was okay with it first.

@@DexterousWings,

@@Harmony Cube,

"I don't know... I didn't see him before him and Book showed up at my workshop."

"Well, let's backtrack from there eh? Where'd you meet the fellah Book? If you don't know him that is."

If she didn't know him this was gonna be a bit of investigation going to find if he lived any place nearby. Almost made him all jittery inside of joy to think about. It had been a while since he last got the chance to investigate anything, and this time 'round, there was likely a better chance of him not getting a painful ending to things.

He subconsciously scratched a part of the big, bitemark wound that covered him.

@@Blitz Boom

"Cool! 9 years, huh? You must know a lot!" Storm said smiling. "I only traveled for 2 years, myself..." He informed them. "I left my families farm when I was 14 and settled down in the cloud house I made here in Ponyville 2 years ago. I admit that the quiet-ish life around was only one reason for me to stay here." Storm blushed a bit. "I also found a crush, and settled into a nice routine here.... though I doubt I'll ever manage to get together with her...." He said wistfully.