Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Twilight future tattoo possibly? Now with color!

iceestarz

I can't get a tattoo till next year but I have been thinking about getting a pony tat for a year or so. I talked to my sister who got the outline for her first tattoo done today and it made me so excited that I decided I would get one whenever I could.

I'm gonna get it on my back, I wanted it to be of Twilight. I really admire her and all that she stands for. So even in the future if I don't watch ponies that much I can still admire what the tattoo represents. Of course my mom totally bashed me for wanting it and basically said I gotta pay for it on my own cause it's stupid, and that apparently getting a pony tattooed on you is the equivalent of getting spongebob tattooed on you.

Oh well. My body, not hers. I found a really neat Twilight tattoo but the style kind of set me off. The design was great, just not the style itself. So I tweaked it. Just a rough sketch, the wings need to be altered. Basically Twilight is all alicorn god mode, her eyes are white and the tip of her horn is white with some of the magic coming off it. :P

Sketch

post-20175-0-26191700-1411173938_thumb.jpg

Colored

post-20175-0-58080100-1411185669_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cupcakes14
  • Brohoof 4

Nice drawing!

Just make sure you really want it, remember in 40 years none of the kids are going to know who Twilight Sparkle is so if they see it, they will of course want it explained. So long as you are ok with having a stretched out Twilight on your back 30+ years from now, I'd say go for it!

• Brohoof 4

Nice drawing!

Just make sure you really want it, remember in 40 years none of the kids are going to know who Twilight Sparkle is so if they see it, they will of course want it explained. So long as you are ok with having a stretched out Twilight on your back 30+ years from now, I'd say go for it!

Isn't the best part of a tat watching it stretch like taffy and age with you? ;)

Until it becomes a unfathomable eldritch horror, stalking the nightmares of any unlucky enough to view it.

Well. It'll be on my back.

I hope to god random people don't walk up to me when I'm some old woman and pull my shirt up.

• Brohoof 2

<3 your art is always loverly :3  ive seen that picture, but i love the soft yet edgy quality you put in them

as far as ink goes....as long as it has heartfelt meaning to you, then by all means--its your body.  just be smart about it--i have a friend who gets them like stickers.."oo a lilly! thats pretty, put it here..."  its on a whim and individually they look nice, but theres no story behind it... goober wanted a cross on her shoulder~its lovely, but she forgot to tell the guy to not put the rosary in and now shes upset because shes baptist not catholic.

i want a cutie mark personally LMAO.

also, ask em for pictures of what theyve done...on people.  not just the watercolour works they have up.  ink blends like watercolours though, so most of them are excellent painters xD

<3 your art is always loverly :3 ive seen that picture, but i love the soft yet edgy quality you put in them

as far as ink goes....as long as it has heartfelt meaning to you, then by all means--its your body. just be smart about it--i have a friend who gets them like stickers.."oo a lilly! thats pretty, put it here..." its on a whim and individually they look nice, but theres no story behind it... goober wanted a cross on her shoulder~its lovely, but she forgot to tell the guy to not put the rosary in and now shes upset because shes baptist not catholic.

i want a cutie mark personally LMAO.

also, ask em for pictures of what theyve done...on people. not just the watercolour works they have up. ink blends like watercolours though, so most of them are excellent painters xD

Thank you! ;)

I still have a year to think about it, so I might change my mind. I'm not sure. I mean like ponies mean so much to me and I'm proud to be a brony, but my mom tries to talk me out of a lot of things, and what she says sorta sets in and makes me contemplate everything. Either way I still have a while to way out my decision.

I was looking at cutiemarks, but it seems like such a common tattoo; along with the heart ponies and I was like eh.

• Brohoof 1

I advise against it. It looks cool, but do you think you'll still be into MLP say, 30 years from now? The show will be long over then, but your tattoo will still be there.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I respect yours.

But I feel as though even after a show ends that shouldn't affect someone's interest in something. Let's say I do end up getting the tattoo, even 30 years from now I can still look back at all the great memories that the show and fandom gave me. Although I don't think even in the future I'll grow out of loving ponies. But who knows.

• Brohoof 1

I currently have 5 tattoos, and I plan on getting a lot more.

However... I don't ever see myself getting an MLP-themed tattoo.

Go for it if you want it done. I've got RD sleeping on the cloud in her cutie mark on my hip. Anyone brave enough to sport a pony tattoo is pretty awesome by me.

I think that anyone brave enough to get a tattoo in general is pretty awesome.

People underestimate how much it hurts, and even when they realize that it's painful, they still go back and get more.

Now, i'm not saying that i'm SO brave for getting 5 tattoos, but my point still stands.

• Brohoof 1

I was looking at cutiemarks, but it seems like such a common tattoo; along with the heart ponies and I was like eh

yeah i know what you mean, its hard to choose something both meaningful, but unique... but at least this way its your own art/style on you.

funny story though, possibly Tmi?  i used to draw my mom (and family) as a pony when i was little because of her "cutie mark"  xD its a thundercloud with a lightning bolt--because her friends and our family members used to tease her about "having a little black cloud of bad luck" following her around.  

try getting a jagua tattoo of your design where you want it.. they last longer than henna and youll be able to tell if youre gonna get tired of it or not, or if itll be in a bad place. :)  but like you said--you got a year or more to figure it out ^_^
  • Brohoof 1