Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Possible to think of a non-existant color?

Cherry Blossom

@Splashee You may be part of the 25% of the population that is at tetrachromat. Must be nice loll 

Butt for the rest of us, Unless if we grow more cone receptors in our eyes, it’s next to impossible to think of new colours.

But I can remove a colour by telling you that brown is only dark orange. Think about it ;)

(edited)

@Fluttershutter, we have cone cells in our eyes which perceive colour. What makes something a colour is dependent on what your looking at. (Ie. Nature or artificial light) 

See, the reason leaves are green, for example, is because the leaf absorbs all other colours of light, but green. And a white car is white because it reflects all colour equally and a black car absorbs all colour equally (White= all the colours at once) (Black= Absence of colour) Water is blue because it absorbs all wavelengths better than blue, so the blue light reflects into our eyes, hitting our retinas and cone cells as blue light. Or a rainbow refracting sunlight into every visible colour. This is different then how the pixels of your computer/ phone work tho, as the pixels emit light rather than absorb/ reflect/ refract the light. I believe pixels operate on Red Green and Blue as these are the main colours our cones can see. 

Although that’s all I rlly know as my field of expertise is Physics/ Astronomy. So if you want to know more then google will have to help you hahaha 

And @flurry Did not know that was even possible :o 

Neat :b

Edited by Lightning_Strike
Grammatical corrections

5 hours ago, Lightning_Strike said:

@Fluttershutter, we have cone cells in our eyes which perceive colour. What makes something a colour is dependent on what your looking at. (Ie. Nature or artificial light) 

I know that but why have the definitions of colors changed over time like I said?

Is a color defined as a certain range of wavelengths?

• 3 years later...