technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

Yeah, I can see that. I own two Android phones with performance bogged down by their bulky operating systems, brand new and fresh out the box with my best attempts at removing the bloatware, RAM usage will still remain high.

I think it depends on the model of phone how much extra crap the the developer tacked on to their version of Android. I have an S3 that runs just fine (even stuff that seriously hogs resources like the Tumblr app)

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

So anyone gonna get Witcher 3?
Heard it runs quite well on a single 980 at Ultra, so its really well optimised and looks gorgeous.

sm2y3Eq.png

Goddamn right, you should be scared of me

Twitter

Witcher... need to get into this series. Might pick up the first one for 360 soon. Probably not, because I've got priorities. (Then again, GOG might be the way to go... or even better, PHYSICAL!)

I've been playing Daggerfall recently. It really exceeded my expectations. Can't wait to play it more later tonight.

Biscuit.

Witcher... need to get into this series. Might pick up the first one for 360 soon. Probably not, because I've got priorities. (Then again, GOG might be the way to go... or even better, PHYSICAL!)

If you plan on digging into Witcher, I recommend playing the first two prior to Witcher 3. You don't "need" to, but it would be a great set up for the third. That being said, I doubt you could complete the first two games before Witcher 3 comes out.

sm2y3Eq.png

Goddamn right, you should be scared of me

Twitter

(edited)

Yeah, I can see that. I own two Android phones with performance bogged down by their bulky operating systems, brand new and fresh out the box with my best attempts at removing the bloatware, RAM usage will still remain high.

That's why I always encourage people to buy a phone with stock Android or flash a custom ROM that is close to stock, if possible.

My Nexus 4 never even got close to running out of RAM, while some Samsung phones consume over 1 GB of it just at the homescreen with little else running. It's just terrible.

Edited by Mouse

^ don't listen to this guy ^

Curious if anyone has played Might and Magic or even Heroes of Might and Magic. Humble Bundle sale doesn't have much time left.

Hey guys, you know how R* allegedly changed the EULA recently to disallow modding in GTA V?

img-3736158-1-MbwawPN.png

Last update was two years ago.

Isn't that only for online, though?

Isn't that only for online, though?

People were saying that the EULA was updated "recently" to disallow modding even though the EULA was last updated years ago.

Finally got GTA V, during the first mission, my FPS for the most part hovered around 30, I'm going to try to play around with the settings a bit more to see if I can increase my FPS

Ugh, still don't have it fully downloaded, stuck at 46GB, because of Rockstar's download launcher is fucking sloooooow. I barely top 300 kb/s and it constantly says "Connection to download server lost, reconnecting" Protip: don't download from 3rd party sites, or from the social club.

People were saying that the EULA was updated "recently" to disallow modding even though the EULA was last updated years ago.

I see. Maybe they're just getting a little ahead of themselves. I can see them banning mods for online, because, well, it wouldn't be fair to have an advantage over other players. I doubt they'd care about offline single player. If they did. they'd alienate their entire player base.

So anyone gonna get Witcher 3?

Heard it runs quite well on a single 980 at Ultra, so its really well optimised and looks gorgeous.

I have the first two from when they went on sale for under $5 each on Steam a while back, but I haven't gotten around to them yet.

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

My brother is having some trouble with his RAM, he has 8GB of it installed, yet his total memory is at just under 4. Anybody have any tips as to what's wrong? Here's what his system info says:

MLmEFDt.jpg

My brother is having some trouble with his RAM, he has 8GB of it installed, yet his total memory is at just under 4. Anybody have any tips as to what's wrong? Here's what his system info says:

MLmEFDt.jpg

Is he running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows? 32-bit cannot access more than 4GB RAM.

Is he running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows? 32-bit cannot access more than 4GB RAM.

He's running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

(edited)

I've been thinking, about Valve's recent stunt. Yes, what they almost did was pretty bad. But they haven't really done anything notorious in the past, have they? I just think it's kind of dumb to brush them off after one stunt when EA, Ubisoft, Activision, and others have done countless things and some people act like it's nothing. And then people have said they'll buy games from GOG. or (ugh) Origin, instead of Steam, because of one minor thing. I dunno, it was on my mind, and I thought I'd bring it up. Also, I went to Reddit and looked at GabeN's comments, and I fail to see what he said that was so bad. Not to mention Reddit doesn't exactly have a good reputation, even compared to 4chan.

Edited by Celli

I've been thinking, about Valve's recent stunt. Yes, what they almost did was pretty bad. But they haven't really done anything notorious in the past, have they? I just think it's kind of dumb to brush them off after one stunt when EA, Ubisoft, Activision, and others have done countless things and some people act like it's nothing. And then people have said they'll buy games from GOG. or (ugh) Origin, instead of Steam, because of one minor thing. I dunno, it was on my mind, and I thought I'd bring it up. Also, I went to Reddit and looked at GabeN's comments, and I fail to see what he said that was so bad. Not to mention Reddit doesn't exactly have a good reputation, even compared to 4chan.

It's not like that's the only bad thing Valve has done recently. There was also some controversy over Ruble conversion and game region locking earlier. Also, their customer support has always been a sore spot for them.

It's not like that's the only bad thing Valve has done recently. There was also some controversy over Ruble conversion and game region locking earlier. Also, their customer support has always been a sore spot for them.

I see. I haven't heard of the Ruble thing, And I do know that their customer service is pretty shoddy. But I just think it's silly to say you're done with a company because of a couple minor things. 

I see. I haven't heard of the Ruble thing, And I do know that their customer service is pretty shoddy. But I just think it's silly to say you're done with a company because of a couple minor things. 

They have a long way to go before they regain consumer trust.

If you are talking about the pay for user made mods It would of let people make mods as a job and not just a hobby just saying. As much as I don't like it.

fhvCcrF.png

Supporting mod developers is a great idea, paid mods was not the way to do it. Paypal or Patreon integration would be a more desirable payment model for supporting mod devs.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Supporting mod developers is a great idea, paid mods was not the way to do it. Paypal or Patreon integration would be a more desirable payment model for supporting mod devs.

There's nothing wrong about paid mods; honestly I think those saying mods should remain free and only as a passion project are being overly entitled. But I am aware of the problems that are associated with implementation of paid mods. Among the main major challenges of the existence of paid mods is moderating it. I think a relatively high price for a mod that adds new gameplay mechanics adding potentially hundreds or even thousands of hours on game is reasonable, but high price for, for example, one single gun or sword is not at all reasonable. There's also issue of mods conflicting with other mods or even potentially breaking saved games. There is also distribution issues. Other problem was also fact that mod creators only received small portion of profits.

If paid mods are to return, they really must address those issues.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 1

image.png.b5800dbd4a0f66541f23ae5455e704d7.png
Pony Art Thread

Brony since ~25 July of 2011.

A while back, I let my friend walk away with a 3dfx Voodoo 3 graphics card. Call me crazy, but I feel like I just missed out on something...

I'd say you missed out on the ultimate 1998 gaming PC, but the Voodoo3 wasn't 1998.